Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Only played through the first level so still initial impressions but while it's obviously the kid's glove stage I was able to see how it's actually possible to get things wrong and lose later on (my main criticism of Theme Hospital being that it was basically impossible to lose).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Rimworld is uh, not really like Prison Architect. Outside the art style for the colonists I suppose.

It's the same management sim genre.

Tropico is the only game that I can think of has really been keeping the genre alive for the last decade.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah I'm also convinced that 90% of the game is knowing that GP's offices are the nexus of all patient movement and designing around that.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Is it just me or does TPC not have a staff screen where you can easily scan and assign/remove permissions to do jobs to everyone like you could in TPH? The only way I've found it to go to each staff member individually.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

On the one hand it's annoying that templates are a bit worthless this time around, on the other I very much am in favour of the fact that they've worked hard to make sure that each campus is different enough that you can't just cookie cutter your way through them.

e: low key top tip: people don't do jobs between academic years, but they will look after their own needs. Take a couple of months out before mashing the start year button so everyone has time to sleep shower and eat.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 30, 2022

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I don't think this is a game you can mainline. I'm similarly on map 10 and just burnt out on having to shuffle rooms around as I expand the campus. Time for a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's weird how some of the administration stuff is actively worse. Why do I have to assign/unassign jobs individually for every staff member?