Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008

explosivo posted:

Anyone else running into a bug where patients are getting stuck in the GP's office because they seemingly died while talking to them? The patient just sits in the chair and the doctor stands beside the desk slowly going insane until I edit the room to kick everyone out and then the patient walks out to die and the doctor can get his next patient. Also seeing a lot of people getting stuck for no reason, I had to fire my chief researcher because some door somewhere was apparently preventing him from moving even after picking him up and dropping him where he had to go.

Not with GP rooms, but I've been getting gummed up Fracture Wards where patients stop moving through the process and gum everyone up at the Plaster Caster. Maybe I'm making the rooms too cramped, but it's happened in a couple of my hospitals. Same temp fix, though - edit the room to boot them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008

explosivo posted:

It looks like what's happening is a patient is dying (as in, skull above head) but is still able to walk around. It says "called into GP's office" once I kick them out so the patient just walks right back in the same place and gets stuck again. I can manually adjust his spot in the queue to keep pushing them back but it's inevitable. I actually have a number of guests stuck in my hospital now who are "dead", but just stand still and wobble around.

I'm actually a little worried because I may have broken things at Flemington. I'm at the last objective to get 3* where I need to raise hospital value, yet it keeps fluctuating. I was close to 4.5 mil once, but it's down to ~3 and doesn't move a lot. I have THIRTEEN GP's offices and they all still have massive queues. I'm just about out of space too so I'm not entirely sure how to get out of this one with 3*.

This is around the point I started getting serious about GP management.

I worked on training for my GPs - get GP 1 and 2 into them, and then Motivation for the speed boost. Use the staff management to restrict GP offices to only trained staff. However many GP offices I have, train up one more doc than that to cover when they go on break. It takes time and work, but it did get my GP queues under control.

I still end up with easily half a dozen GP offices around the place. I have about half of them near the reception, but the rest get scattered around, usually around clumps of diagnostic machines so patients getting tests can get processed there.

I've just gotten through Smogley, and Flemington / Smogley is around about where I'd say the difficulty starts to kick in.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
It took me two days to get through the public hospital level, it was giving me some grief. Kept bouncing from -$150k to +$200k and back again.

Only needed six GP offices, which seems about right for my hospitals.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008

Prav posted:

i'm just haphazardly stuffing the corridors full of extinguishers on that map, that way i can quickly scan the corridor and see if there's a bunch of red tubes or not.

I two-starred this tonight, working towards three, and yeah. Fire extinguishers in groups of two or three in pretty much every room except GPS, staffrooms, and toilets. I’ve still lost so many general diagnosis rooms. I’m not sure if it helps, but I’ve even added them in the hallways.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
I was pretty satisfied with the Bigfoot DLC, so I’m more than happy for them to keep making new hospital/diseases/cures DLC like this.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
I was closing in on three-starring the last hospital, but now there's just constant disasters occurring all the time out of the blue and all my machines are blowing up. Gonna get back to it sometime, but... not tonight. Very frustrating.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
Pretty much all the DLCs are three new hospitals, some new diseases, some new items, maybe a new cure room.
I've been happy enough to grab them as they come out and play another evening or three of content.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
Played the first two campuses; I think some of the extra rooms needed was due to simply attracting more students rather than progressing the course level, on the second one. Looking at the schedule, it looked like some year 1 subjects were being run simultaneously more than once.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
There's been a bunch of quality of life improvements so far. I like:

- being able to edit rooms without it booting everyone out
- being able to queue staff for training and they'll fit in when there's free time (ie. when not teaching)
- being able to upgrade machines and still have them be in use

I did get caught out by a quirk of the new Research system - I had a teacher trained in research but they didn't want to work in there despite it being the only thing id set them to do. Turns out the research training isn't needed to do research, but sometimes being trained in a specific subject is, and she didn't have that training.

I'm about 5 or 6 campuses in (I'm on the wizard curse one right now), three-starring as I go. Been enjoying it so far.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
In my experience rooms have remained usable while upgrades take place, so I don’t think that was the issue (or at least, it shouldn’t have been).

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008

Red Mike posted:

I actually ran into the same problem again in a much simpler setup. It seems to be caused by students missing their first class (before they have a grade at all), or by the teacher missing the class. In this case, I had 3 teachers: two 100% ones and a 70% one. I started the year with all three assigned to teaching, but then made the 70% one just do private tuition exclusively (but the other 2 could also do it).

Halfway through the year when the second batch of students started going through their classes, the first lecture of the year ended up completely not happening because the teacher that was assigned to it was one of the 100% ones...who was doing private tuition with a student I manually sent to private tuition.

Hovering over the timeline at the bottom of the screen showed the lecture as being average grade F (0%), and the timetable view let me see that the assigned teacher was in fact the one that had been in private tuition the entire time.

The scheduling system seems a bit buggy, particularly with things that function outside of it like private tuition. I imagine that's part of why they made it so you can't set course times/scheduling yourself right now.

Interesting; I haven’t messed about with restricting teachers to specific tasks, relying on them only being trained in one course to keep them in the right place (I usually train teachers in one course, and private tutoring; haven’t had a campus run long enough to get that done on my teaching staff). The only role restrictions I’ve done are on assistants, making sure the library trained ones do library, keeping the medic / pastoral ones away from running shops, that sort of thing. Probably explains why I haven’t noticed that issue happening.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
Also, don’t be too quick to start the new year when it comes around - some needs can still be addressed while in the timeless summer period, and your janitors can clean up the campus, without having to fit it in around the timetable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
The last map gave me some trouble since you’re essentially capped on new students per year and thus annual income from student fees. Took me a while to resource it out the way I needed (particularly with trained staff) without going broke. Kinda challenging!