Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Does hallway size actually make a difference for people movement? I've been making 2-wide hallways because it looks nice, but I can't help but feel like I'm wasting space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

It's pretty great how many of them don't realize the Steam forums have an icon indicating whether you actually own the game or not.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Jesus, just had an awful scare where suddenly my save games disappeared. Luckily, it seems like autosave backups are stored on the cloud under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Two Point Studios\Two Point Hospital\Cloud

Posting this here in case anyone else runs into this. Might be worth backing up your files from here in case you get hit so you don't lose hours of progress.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What are your staff's diagnostics skills? If they're unskilled, patients can waste a bunch of time bouncing between diagnostics rooms before going to treatment.

Also, what's up with the little worms that show up sometimes and hide under furniture? I can't figure out what spawns them, having a ton of janitors and hand sanitizers doesn't seem to stop them.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is it just me, or is the stamina perk counterintuitively bad? Breaks are the only times staff fill their needs, so with the perk giving them less frequent breaks, it just means they're worse off in letting their hunger/thirst/toilet meters bottom out.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

When does the Radiology skill unlock? I researched the X-ray room, but I can't figure out how to give my doc the skill mentioned in the room description.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Christ, getting the no deaths trophy is a slog. Ended up fast forwarding through 3 years once I hit a stable point at Mitton because I kept having exactly one person die in the year (including once on the last week of December :argh:)

As far as I can tell, pharmacies and injection rooms are the most deadly. The threshold to stop having deaths there seems to be when a nurse has > 50% base treatment rate, if you have fully upgraded level 3 equipment. (ie: 3 levels in treatment skill + the specialization skill)

Wards can cause deaths too, but the threshold is way more lenient; I stopped having ward deaths as soon as I had a nurse with 1 level of treatment + 2 levels of ward management.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Check out C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Two Point Studios\Two Point Hospital\Cloud , your autosave backups should be there. I've had to rescue saves twice so far.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I've never had a fire, is it better to have the extinguishers in each machine room itself, or just a single extinguisher in the hallway? I've been putting them in aesthetically nice places in the halls, but haven't really thought about how machines are the only fire causers.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

In order, that's Nigel Bicklesworth, Harrison Wolf, and Ricky Hawthorne.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What are people's layouts for Tumble? For some reason, I can't figure out a nice looking layout or where to put reception here; all the buildings seem really narrow compared to previous levels.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Thanks for the tips, y'all. Ended up going with something like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'm about to start the public hospital level, what are some things I should know before diving in? I've heard a lot of bad things about it.

Based on what I've read so far, it seems like the strat to staying afloat is to let things go to poo poo and never build/promote/upgrade anything unless you're asked to do so for a grant.

Is getting a researcher running the $20,000 research constantly worth the tradeoff of paying a researcher? I know you can repeatedly get to 99% in another hospital and jump back to get the money instantly, but that seems like a bit of a hassle to keep doing.