Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Two Point Campus has been fun so far.

My thoughts

The presentation and graphics are nice and I feel it's a way more fun setting than the hospitals were.
The announcement lady gets a bit repetitive even if the lines themselves are good. Unavoidable if you're binging this game though.
The school years I feel move too fast, in contrary to what others said. I'm almost always limited by money and that only comes at month end. So I get money, spend it all as fast as possible, and I'm just waiting for more.
Pathfinding can be a little janky. I had like a dozen people college wide just standing in place with a ??? over their heads for an entire school year and the 4 pages of stats on each character never explained the "where do they want to go and why can't they go?" part.
I keep selecting objects to move when I'm trying to select something else or just trying to exit build mode.

I think the one I'd change about 2PC is the information. Like I said, I can know what kind of jam like they like on their toast, but the game will not tell me why people's pathfinding and scheduling are broken or what I need to go and resolve. Is a lab set up to block people from using it? hosed if I know, but I know everyone's jam preferences and who their BFFs are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

From reddit.

"The constant attacks that turn entire rooms into pumpkinheads is a nightmare. On top of these guys constantly getting into potion accidents and picking up pastoral conditions because they’re too upset by the pumpkin head thing to sleep."

I haven't gotten to the Hogwarts map yet where this starts happening, I'm on the Knight one where people turn up to trash stuff.

I do like how Two Point Campus made school shootings into something bit more whimsical.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

njsykora posted:

I don’t think it’s school shootings, it’s more the American college movie trope of the campus invasion from a rival college.

Yeah that's true, and I see that's what they were going for.

Although the idea of people walking into classrooms and doing violence (I presume the pumpkinhead thing is a magic spell) and then the students involved literally can't sleep afterward is a bit on the nose, but that's probably just C-spam brain

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I unironically would love a 2P Theme Park, Dungeon Master, or Airline

Saint Freak posted:

I don't think zoos are scams though? Would it fit in with their other two games?

We’re sorry for the feces that you left, on our floor

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

There's more to do in TPC and more variety in what you have to build for versus spamming GPs and clinics and diagnostics in every place.

But at its heart, it's still an object placement optimization puzzle game.

(Transport Fever 2 is also really good and an, if incremental, improvement on 1 FWIW)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Red Mike posted:

I'd be up for a golf club simulator in the vein of Sid Meier's SimGolf.

Aww yeah Simgolf. It's such a chill game to play.

Pro tip: Windows XP on a Virtualbox VM will run the game with no extra tweaks, just install, put on whatever no-cd crack came with it, and play.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That would fit well with the series' sense of humour and usual targets of satire, too. Being able to play your own courses too would fit right in.

Even the music (the best part of SG) would fit right in with Two Point.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

That guy's radio broadcasts gives me big Simcopter vibes. Downsampling it to 64k wavs like Simcopter would probably make it sound identical.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Two Point Wall Posters Factory.

They've gotta all come from somewhere

Gonna put up so many bat castle posters at work. My morale is gonna be so good.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Jeoh posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the students entertained enough. Also why do my staff keep randomly loving off?

I've been experimenting with putting arcade cabs near where they're queuing for medical or pastoral care, some even for being bored in the first place.

They of course don't touch any of that poo poo and just wander off somewhere and complain about how bored they are.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah that tracks, especially since I was making cramped bathrooms with as many stalls as I could squeeze in there with barely enough space for a temp changer.

Does anyone else have the TPC music stuck in their head?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

BattyKiara posted:

I'm stuck in the Spiffinmore map. My students are just too stupid! How do I attract smarter students?

Wizardry and Dark Arts (IIRC) are hard difficulty majors. You need to have leveled up teachers to get their grades up. Have a good library with the major's bookcases.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Top tip: In the campus finance data and charts, there is a buried setting that says "automatically check staff salary" or so. By putting it to "disabled" you no longer automatically dish out raises when someone completes a course or has been with the uni for another year. This becomes important in the latter maps with "make X dollars in a month"-objectives.

In IIRC the same menu, in the staff menu you can set the threshold for staff to go fill their needs and the default is too low IMO. I set it to 50%.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Two maps away from beating the game with 36/36 stars. I don't think I've ever finished a management games campaign since Evil Genius 1 so kudosh to Two Point studios for that.

Seems most of the challenge is in the beginning of a map when you don't have money to spare. Now that I have layouts the building itself is becoming more rote, I just flop down some good layouts I've built up over time. This is fine though it would be tedious making a 10 bed dorm over and over. Once I get into my third year I usually have enough students and rent to overcome expenses and then focus on the objectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1649080/view/3315235636204897795

Two Point Campus 1.5 patch

Release Notes:
Build: 1.5.111944
General/New
Release Notes:
Build: 1.5.111944
General/New
New UI: Job Assignment Screen
Updated UI: Added text search to student and staff lists
Customisation: New paths and new extendable flower bed
Customisation: You can now customise extendable items! We've added this functionality on the wooden fence and will be adding it to more items in the future!
New items: See saw, mini golf, mini radiators, mini air conditioning
Added temperature filter to the item menus

Bug Fixing
General stability improvements
Balance adjustments for satisfying of needs
Students are more likely to prioritise satisfying needs over other activities when needs are low
Students try to satisfy needs nearby when waiting in the queue for a room
Fix for sandbox plot merging issues which was causing spawning issues with students in sandbox (when unlock all plots is selected as an option or Creative Mode is selected).
Fix for Campus events being selected when editing event settings
Fix for Campus Overview sometimes not showing information
Fix for template button prompts being incorrect when in placement mode
Fix for closed event rooms being removed from the timetable
Fix area of Blundergrad where it wasn't possible to place items
Added more specific messaging in blueprint build mode when buildings or rooms are not completable due to being unreachable
Fixed a bug where having plots unlocked in Sandbox options would subtract the value of those plots from your balance on game start
Room customisations can now be applied to all rooms and will carry over to newly placed rooms of that type
Fixed end of year awards being given when closing countdown message
Slightly reduced lecture seating nav bounds to reduce placement and reachability issues
Fixed missing SFX on customisation apply button
Fixed missing controller bindings for the switch profile input action
Added additional UI support for favourite student feature on the students list
Added dedicated invalid build position message for outdoor rooms not being built outdoors
Prevented dig site door being placed in 1 tile corridors in blueprint mode
Fixed issue with temperature items not always working with merged plots
Fixed typos in Blundergrad 3 star letter and Noblestead 2 star letter
Fix for it being difficult to select some fence posts
Fixed timetable objectives being read from the wrong timetable when in summer break
Fixed missing item error in the room inspector not updating when item is placed
Fixed training menu gamepad scroll not working when the first item is expanded in a long list
Fix for modifiers not being applied when upgrading the training pod
Shrink nav bounds of big floodlight pole so they don't overlap the insides of buildings
Fixed item/room tooltips going out of the screen bounds
Prevented dig site door item placement directly opposite dig site wall to fix nav access issues when floor is lowered
Removed photo mode keyboard shortcut
Updated UI: Added text search to student and staff lists
Customisation: New paths and new extendable flower bed
Customisation: You can now customise extendable items! We've added this functionality on the wooden fence and will be adding it to more items in the future!
New items: See saw, mini golf, mini radiators, mini air conditioning
Added temperature filter to the item menus

Bug Fixing
General stability improvements
Balance adjustments for satisfying of needs
Students are more likely to prioritise satisfying needs over other activities when needs are low
Students try to satisfy needs nearby when waiting in the queue for a room
Fix for sandbox plot merging issues which was causing spawning issues with students in sandbox (when unlock all plots is selected as an option or Creative Mode is selected).
Fix for Campus events being selected when editing event settings
Fix for Campus Overview sometimes not showing information
Fix for template button prompts being incorrect when in placement mode
Fix for closed event rooms being removed from the timetable
Fix area of Blundergrad where it wasn't possible to place items
Added more specific messaging in blueprint build mode when buildings or rooms are not completable due to being unreachable
Fixed a bug where having plots unlocked in Sandbox options would subtract the value of those plots from your balance on game start
Room customisations can now be applied to all rooms and will carry over to newly placed rooms of that type
Fixed end of year awards being given when closing countdown message
Slightly reduced lecture seating nav bounds to reduce placement and reachability issues
Fixed missing SFX on customisation apply button
Fixed missing controller bindings for the switch profile input action
Added additional UI support for favourite student feature on the students list
Added dedicated invalid build position message for outdoor rooms not being built outdoors
Prevented dig site door being placed in 1 tile corridors in blueprint mode
Fixed issue with temperature items not always working with merged plots
Fixed typos in Blundergrad 3 star letter and Noblestead 2 star letter
Fix for it being difficult to select some fence posts
Fixed timetable objectives being read from the wrong timetable when in summer break
Fixed missing item error in the room inspector not updating when item is placed
Fixed training menu gamepad scroll not working when the first item is expanded in a long list
Fix for modifiers not being applied when upgrading the training pod
Shrink nav bounds of big floodlight pole so they don't overlap the insides of buildings
Fixed item/room tooltips going out of the screen bounds
Prevented dig site door item placement directly opposite dig site wall to fix nav access issues when floor is lowered
Removed photo mode keyboard shortcut

Some new items too! Emphasis mine on what excites me the most about the patch. I had taken Pinstar's advice and just stopped making medical and pastoral support rooms because the maluses can be overcome and they're counter productive giving how queue students are solely engaged in queuing.

I beat this game last week though