Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Radiation Cow posted:

I haven't played this since release. Did the queue issues get fixed or mitigated?

There's a new set of options called Policy. It lets you have diagnosis send people directly to treatment if they hit a certain diagnosis threshold (which is also adjustable) without returning to a GP's office. It's ridiculous how much this fixes the GP queues. Please note that this is set per hospital and needs to be implemented every time.

Overall great DLC easily worth the $8 I paid and just a ton of fun to play more. More radio lines, more announcer lines, just straight more content and it all caries the same fun as the original game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC called Pebberley Island coming out March 18th. Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anB8_Sa3LG4 Also you can pre-order it now for 10% off. It seems the same as last DLC 3 new hospitals, new illnesses, new voice over lines, and new items.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Zadda posted:

I'm playing the Pebberley DLC and it seems that my janitors are not really doing what they are supposed to? I've trained them and have about 12 of them yet I keep having exploding machines because they are too slow to repair and floors full of sick. I checked the jobs they are allowed to do and even set some of them to do only repairs and not cleaning toilets/watering planets/restocking vending machines etc.
Keep an eye out for one of the CEO's that will literally sabotage your machines while visiting rooms. Pretty sure it's Jumbo's CEO anyway he will literally knock the machine's health down by about 60% even while it's in use so it will go from ~70% to BOOM in a very short time. Also it seems most if not all of the weather/hazard effects cause damage to machines at random intervals so watch out for that too.

I know I've never had more than one machine explode on me in my entire run of vanilla but had one explode on me early in this DLC. Also the second hospital in the DLC just seems to have a ton of things for janitors to do -- buy tons of fire extinguishers if you get a lot of plots those solar storms just cause fires everywhere on the map.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC announced. Close Encounters comes out August 29th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJWhn1e27o

"Including three new unusual hospitals set in different locations, 34 new illnesses (including 11 visual illnesses), three new cure rooms, as well as new challenges, features and of course, you get to see them aliens."

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

a7m2 posted:

I think we need one more person if we're gonna hit the 5 people goals

There are no nodes that need 5 people. The bigger projects just allow 5 people in that way it's not required for everyone to do a node is someone goes inactive. If you still need help give me a heads up I can load the game up and help out.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC announced Off The Grid. Comes out March 18th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5arzc7z3Ak

"Join Two Point County's ever-present Mayor, Tabitha Windsock as she campaigns for re-election using eco-friendly means as her main goal. You'll face new challenges from gameplay mechanics, illnesses and more in three brand new locations!"

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Bumping this thread from the abyss to ask if anyone has a good controller profile for PC for this game?

I know it can be done since the game has console releases. I generally play this on my laptop and the touchpad makes it pretty finicky to actually play. I'm sure a mouse would be better, but I cant really do that when I'm laying in bed.

I have an XBONE controller I can use, but I cant find anything useful on google for controller setups.

I've seen the request for this so much in the steam discussion threads. The problem is they rebuilt the console version from the ground up to work with a controller and they sacrificed components of the PC version to do it. I'd suggest getting a different mouse to play the game than trying to get a controller to work for the PC version. Alternatively you could always buy the Console version though I'd recommend against the Switch version since that has a staff cap of 75 on all hospitals (whereas I think the staff limit for PS4 and Xbox1 is 100 now).

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC is pretty good so far (only done the first two hospitals). The first one has Roderick Cushion as a Celebrity Doctor and some of the objectives surround making him do various things. Second one is a shorter wave mission than usual where 3 stars is only 18 waves instead of the usual 20+. Overall more of the same but they did add in Blueprints over the summer so you can add existing rooms to a blueprint and then when building rooms in a different hospital simply select the new blueprint icon when selecting rooms and have that room completed already.

TL;DR: Good DLC and no having to remake the same GP's office at every hospital again.

Unclouded fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 28, 2020

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is it paid dlc or free?

Culture Shock is Paid DLC. Blueprints are Free DLC.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Much appreciated. I'll stick to the base game for now then and check the DLC later.

It's actually mentioned by the person evaluating you that the DLC missions are extracurricular in nature and often encourages you to "get back to work" aka the core game. Even if you've already completed the main storyline. The DLCs are if you want different challenges and are treated as their own thing but do have some unlockable items that can be used in other hospitals.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Well finished the newest DLC. Feels weird compared to the rest to be honest. Only new building required Assisstants of all things. Overall it felt less than the usual DLC but I still feel I got my money's worth (also bought it for the early bird 10% off though).

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Well to the surprise of everyone the devs aren't done with Two Point Hospital DLC yet. Introducing Speedy Recovery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK40O63jPJo

Standard 3 new hospitals, but surprisingly a new gameplay aspect. As always 10% off early pre-purchase and it comes out March 15th.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

So as some people have found out there's the whole reduction in prestige from repeating posters. So anything past 2 and maybe 3 gives very diminishing returns.

What I just recently found out is that this also works for things that give learning and other assorted buffs. For instance after 3 Medicine cabinets they're worthless. Something to keep in mind when you're building rooms in the future at least.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Alchenar posted:

It's weird how some of the administration stuff is actively worse. Why do I have to assign/unassign jobs individually for every staff member?

Maybe it was too difficult with so many courses available, but still it seems weird. It's possible that they had to make all versions of the game similar enough and the Switch version kept this option out.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

As expected DLC has been announced for Two Point Campus. Coming out December 6th for everything but the switch (which is December 12th).

Two Point Campus: Space Academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1soHdxPLn4

3 new campus locations
6 new courses with fully animated classrooms
6 new student archetypes
3 new events including Sci-fi Conventions, Space Battles and an out-of-this-world gig act.
New Time Tourism Club
and lots of new items!

Seems to be typical for them. About $10 or $9 if you pre-order. In my opinion the DLC are typically worth the price. Either way just thought I'd let people know.

Unclouded fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 29, 2022

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Anyone yet to take the new DLC for a test drive? I have it in my library but haven't had the drive to drop everything else for a week for it yet.

I also bought the Hospital DLC with the ambulances at the same time, is it any good?

I can say the ambulances DLC for TPH is pretty good. It does shift the gameplay loop a bit though. Rather than having a consistent pool of people you can increase your patient influx with the various ambulances (keep in mind you have to train/hire drivers for them you usually want to have nurses do this since they're cheaper). It felt like a last hurrah for the game and I'm not sorry I played it even if the last star on the last of the 3 dlc hospitals was a bit of a hassle to get. It's also the most self contained of all the DLCs since you can't bring the ambulances to the other hospitals or sandbox to my knowledge.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC announced for Two Point Campus. Coming out March 15h.

Two Point Campus: School Spirits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibeQX_c877Q

• A New Campus Location
• 2 New Courses
• 2 New Fully Animated Classrooms
• 2 New Student Archetypes
• A New Challenge Mode Level
• And Lots Of New Items

Unusually for them it's only one campus, but I guess the price kinda reflect it? $5.99/€5.99/£5.49 instead of the usual about $10. Also 10% off if you pre-order it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC announced for Two Point Campus. Coming out August 17th.

Two Point Campus: Medical School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCnO3RNYws

• 3 New Campus Locations
• 2 New Courses with 6 Treatment Rooms
• 2 New Student Archetypes
• Lots of Patients and Illnesses
• 60+ New Items
• Emergencies, Helicopters, Fires, Ghosts!

Back up to the usual DLC sizes and price £8.99/$9.99/€9.99 (if you pre-order there's still a discount). Looks interesting as a tie in to Two Point Hospital even if it probably doesn't function one-for-one. We'll see how it works.