Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
This looks extremely good from the trailers, and I'm totally onboard for a Theme Hospital successor.

Except maybe for the emphasis on the rat unibrow hunting, which I always loathed in Theme Hospital. Still though, it'll be nice to play something besides Corsix-TH for my fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Cuntellectual posted:

The what now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vs66_md_qo&t=3m

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

I couldn't help myself and now I'm halfway through Theme Hospital yet again.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Yeah, three-wide hallways actually seems to be more efficient, if only to give you room for all the vending machines they seem to want now.

All the new design features seem to be very smartly-thought out. I especially like how you actually need a bunch of nurses now to run all sorts of different rooms rather than the pharmacy/ward/cast remover trifecta in TH. Also people are keeling over dead right and left in my hospitals from failed cures so those +10% bonuses to treatment are actually really valuable and are the prerequisitite to the +20% and +30% upgraded versions. Staffing is going to require a lot more thought than "how many surgeons do I need and do I have two psychologists okay I'm good" from TH.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

njsykora posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzmANcYhck
This is the video I came across, dude builds a ward so much bigger than even the ones I built in OG Theme Hospital. Getting 6-8 beds in a ward basically means you can perfect any ward emergency that comes your way in less than half the time limit. The fracture ward gets a bit tougher because the traction beds are so much bigger but the same basic principle applies if you have the space to just build a ridiculously huge ward and whack 2 super ward nurses in each of them.

I've been doing this all along but the nurses still act super moronic in both ward types. You can have 3-4 people waiting to be handwaved into a bed but your nurse sits down at the desk and then gets up to admire the plant. The fracture ward is even worse with the cast-removing machine; the nurses seem to actively ignore it until there's a line and putting two down doesn't help a bit.

My frustration with the AI has been ramping up so I might just wait for a patch before I move on from Melt Downs.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Paging Doctor 4GP1Mot#2 to General Physician's office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

less than three posted:

Not enough info for a new thread yet but I feel there is significant overlap in the player base. We're getting a new Startopia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFQA5hgF1Lg

I saw this and I'm so torn on this. On one hand, Startopia was one of the best Bullfrog-esque games and the idea of a sequel is amazing. On the other hand, it's by the Dungeons team instead of the Two Point team and ugh, I"m worried. I'm afraid it'll have some awful RTS gameplay shoehorned in and won't have much attention paid to the strategy/building parts, like Dungeons. And Dungeons 2. And Dungeons 3. How did they make three games and not figure out how they hosed up the Dungeon Keeper formula?