Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've been looking forward to this for a while. I loved Theme Hospital and am so glad this looks so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I only got to play for a few minutes before work but it definitely triggered the "This is Theme Hospital but nicer!" in the back of my brain, so I'm looking forward to spending more time with it and obsessively building efficient, brutalist hospital designs.

Is the voice over the PA the same woman as in the original?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I was just told to work from home tomorrow, so...yeah time to build some hospitals.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Is it possible to go back to an old hospital and just raze it to 'start over' once you've gone ahead and unlocked new things? Sometimes I feel like that would be easier than trying to move everything around as I become better at the game.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

njsykora posted:

Setting the threshold for diagnosis is something I'd like to have as well, so they'll get it to 100% if they can, but if all the diagnosis rooms have been used I'd like to say just send them for treatment if it's over 80%. I think this was an option in Theme Hospital as well.

This was a thing in the original TH. If you exhaust all current diagnostic rooms and they're not 100% sure, you get a fax telling you they're X% sure it's Y illness, do you want to try a cure, send them home, or have them wait for you to build more diagnostic rooms.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Prav posted:

i've started just sending people home who wouldn't make it all the way to treatment

Nobody ever died at Disney World :v:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I loved TH and I do love TPH but I'm also waiting on some more patches/QoL improvements before I sink any more time into it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

Treat patients as a walking sack of cash that you want to empty.

Jeff Bezos is that you?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I played a ton of this when it came out because I love Theme Hospital, and shelved it after not long. I know there's been a bunch of updates and improvements since, so I'm looking to pick it up again and start over. Is there a good list of like QoL mods that are must haves to just make some of the management less annoying?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Two Pointer Hospital

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Dirk the Average posted:

If you wait in line for billiards is it a cue queue?

And if waiting in line upsets you it's a cue queue qq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I had no issue three starring as I went, though it might not have been the most optimal? It certainly wasn't hard to do so, though.