Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Beasteh posted:

Please let this be the theme hospital that has remained glistening in my nostalgia these past 21 years
isnt... theme hospital that game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

is that even an exploit? It seems like they're playing the game as it was designed to be played.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

For me, once I learned that the game is capable of being broken with the GP office trick, I lost interest. The fact that the game is broken so easily makes it seem pretty shallow.

njsykora posted:

There's always one of those tricks in these kinds of games though, shuttle loops are notorious in Rollercoaster Tycoon for completely breaking the game's balance in the same way. It's just the nature of the genre.
It's not nearly this dire normally. The issue is less that an exploit exists, it's that it's just how these systems are actually designed to interact and it's the culmination of a lot of the weird parts of the game:

1.) The fact that half of what your hospital does is GP offices. Is this fun?
2.) Decorations are broken and are a fundamental part of the game that had no real thought put into the design
3.) Every patient can be diagnosed via the same exact workflow
4.) Rooms and services that are meant to mitigate lines being unpleasant are incompatible with lines because queues are extremely broken

The design's just not very carefully thought out, the one "exploit" (using the game's system as it's designed) existing isnt the biggest problem.