Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This game comes out on September 4th, just a few weeks away! I knew it was soon but not that soon -- it snuck up on me like a Liquid Metal Slime!. Been playing the DS remakes in preparation. I finished V in like 20 hours which is crazy, I thought it was a much longer game than it is. Final party:

Slime Knight is OP as hell. I recently found my copy of DQIV in a black & red Vans shoebox ftw. Going with the usual party of Hero/Alena/Maya/Kiryl. I'm at 20 hours now and just got my whole crew together so I guess this was the longer game I remember.. So anyway, talk about DQ in this thread, what's your favorite.. least fav.. new to the series? Don't be afraid, an epic adventure draws near! Vets? Let's see those rankings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
God this is my most anticipated game. Wish we were getting both versions though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Xbox Ambassador posted:

God this is my most anticipated game. Wish we were getting both versions though

I absolutely would've bought the 3ds version over them all, it's a drat shame

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I absolutely would've bought the 3ds version over them all, it's a drat shame

I mean, I would have got both but I love the classic style and would have played that first. It’s a drat shame.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre adding voice acting and stuff to the western version at least. so its not like we just lose out

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

theyre adding voice acting and stuff to the western version at least. so its not like we just lose out

No orchestra tracks though, so it’s a trade off, hope the voices are like DQ8

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Ya, plus DQ8 has the best voice acting in all of videogame history imho. It's so loving good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

me2. i was rolling around on my freaking floor when i got to prison island and they all had australian accents

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Sd9HP8njA

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

me2. i was rolling around on my freaking floor when i got to prison island and they all had australian accents

Yes lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This and Kiwami 2 are my most anticipated games this year and they both come out really soon. I should probably finish my playthrough of VIII sometime and I’ve been thinking about replaying V too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKusE08OOdg

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
go to 42 seconds for my favourite voice acting in teh game lel

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

go to 42 seconds for my favourite voice acting in teh game lel

lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Xbox Ambassador posted:

the japanese versions don't have the orchestral score either becuase sugiyama wants to sell cds and tickets to his concerts in japan, in addition to hating the slandering western barbarians who insist that unit 731 comited crimes or that the invasion of manchuria wasn't wholly an act of self defense against chinese agression.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

the japanese versions don't have the orchestral score either becuase sugiyama wants to sell cds and tickets to his concerts in japan, in addition to hating the slandering western barbarians who insist that unit 731 comited crimes or that the invasion of manchuria wasn't wholly an act of self defense against chinese agression.

He also said LGBT people are scum

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I didn’t realize the Japanese version had midi too lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Holy poo poo I can't believe this is coming out so soon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is still the greatest trophy screenshot I've ever gotten

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
yangus ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dragon Quest XII: Nanking no Denairu

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dragon Quest 8 is the only DQ game I've ever owned and beaten (my brother had the first one for NES and I got to the Dragon Lord when I was in middle school but he was too hard and I gave up), and I have a nasty habit of not finishing games lately, but I hope to make this the second Dragon Quest game I've completed :cheerdoge:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im mega excited for this, ive been waiting for DQ11 so long my brain doesnt believe that it's around the corner

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dragon Quest Summer was the first time I played Dragon Quest IV and V and it remains one of the best gaming experiences for me, ever. I still haven't beaten Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS and it's exciting to have so much Dragon Quest goo'dness waiting to be gamed.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Holy crap that's coming up..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's cool it's getting a PC release. i'm hoping they do the same for builders 2.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

update: my DQIV file is only at 10 hours, not 20.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

excited to play this in like november when im no longer homeless, wish the switch version didn't get dragged into hell

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Tales of Woe posted:

excited to play this in like november when im no longer homeless, wish the switch version didn't get dragged into hell

Well, I'm glad that you won't be homeless any more.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

congrats on the homehaveness

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
discovered i already pre-ordered from a 3rd party site... the best discount of all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

update: my DQIV file is only at 10 hours, not 20.

When I played through the DS games during the Imp Zone Dragon Quest Summer the series didn't get long until VI. VI is kinda eh, with the weird multi dream world continents being kind of confusing to navigate. And it goes for a long while...VII was also huge and VIII is just awesomely epic in scale, I can't wait for XI.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

6 is the most difficult of the series because if you aren't focusing on certain jobs it makes the final boss incredibly hard and drat near impossible. Kinda bullshit since you only gain job xp from number of battles won and I like experimenting with the goofy classes. Everything up to that was fun though, every boss was beaten with like 1 party member alive.

7 was a real slog but it's notorious for being a long game so I kinda had to expect it. Still my least favorite DQ tho.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

6 is the most difficult of the series because if you aren't focusing on certain jobs it makes the final boss incredibly hard and drat near impossible. Kinda bullshit since you only gain job xp from number of battles won and I like experimenting with the goofy classes. Everything up to that was fun though, every boss was beaten with like 1 party member alive.

7 was a real slog but it's notorious for being a long game so I kinda had to expect it. Still my least favorite DQ tho.

i liked the 3ds remake of 7 a lot more than 6. i never played the ds version of 6 tho only snes, but the basic grind for classes is probably the same .

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
got my team of goofoffs going in dragon warrior 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

an actual dog posted:

congrats on the homehaveness