Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Goddamn I was expecting this would never come out. I'm so excited!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

P-Mack posted:

My wife was kinda underlevelled by the time I got her back in the party but I kept her for lore reasons.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

nintendo, ps2, final fantasy, and forum posting ftw

:cheers:

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

The first hour of DQ8 was good. I thought the setting and characters might be bland, but that fear pretty much disappeared on Yangus' first line lol. I like how you can lug pots around before you throw them---classic poo poo. In the morning, we leave for the waterfall cave!

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
Pretty excited about this, DQVIII felt like such an adventure as a kid and Ive been waiting for another console DQ ever since. Working night shift at the moment so I’ll be able to game all night uninterrupted the day this comes out.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

DQ8 is my favorite game of all time so I can’t believe this game will be here in a week. kinda salty i missed out on the collector’s edition but I really can’t afford to drop $150 on it lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm hyped and now I wanna make sure I finish Witcher before next week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:siren: 40 minute tim rogers video about dqxi :siren:

https://kotaku.com/dragon-quest-xi-the-kotaku-review-1828646512

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Hell yes came here to post this

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
This will be my first DQ game and I'm very excited.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

i watched this in its entirety so that i could feel Hype for something again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Jesus this is going to be the comfiest RPG of all time (would say "game" but I think that will always be Animal Crossing?)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

this is really good

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

goferchan posted:

Jesus this is going to be the comfiest RPG of all time (would say "game" but I think that will always be Animal Crossing?)

i’m going to spend like a trillion hours just chilling about town

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I haven't been hyped for a game in so long but holy poo poo I want to play this immediately.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm also pretty hyped for this. i haven't had a new game to sink a ton of hours into in a while.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1 week!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is awesome. im so pumped

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m playing DQIV right now and it’s really good. I can’t believe XI is coming out next week

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Awesome. I am so hyped for this dude

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I bought it for 25 percent off on greenmangaming even tho i cant play it soon probably

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fargield posted:

Get a drink, have a good time now. Welcome to paradise.

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

Dragon Quest is very charming.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fargield posted:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fargield posted:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Fargield posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I just preordered Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
playing dragon quest VI was epic because it was a fan snes translation and sometimes you'd go to some corner of the map on your flying bed and some NPC would be all "dialogue box 7854!" and I was enlightened

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm getting this game day 1 but just for fun I'm making a list of all the JRPGs I have ongoing playthroughs on (nothing started earlier than last year)

-Octopath Traveler | halfway through second party's chapters
-SMT: Deep Strange Journey | sector Carina
-SMTIV: Apocalypse | Apocalypse mode early game
-Etrian Odyssey V | 2nd Stratum
-Dragon Quest III | No clue how far I got
-Dragon Quest VI | Got the bed, got completely lost
-Dragon Quest VII | 20 or so hours in
-Final Fantasy V | For the fiesta this year but I got a really bad party so I stopped
-Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age | Got the whole party on New Game Minus then my friends got me into FFXIV
-Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII | Low-ish level run, got stuck on the final boss

Not as many as I thought it would be but still...I will definitely finish DQXI.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm getting this game day 1 but just for fun I'm making a list of all the JRPGs I have ongoing playthroughs on (nothing started earlier than last year)

-Octopath Traveler | halfway through second party's chapters
-SMT: Deep Strange Journey | sector Carina
-SMTIV: Apocalypse | Apocalypse mode early game
-Etrian Odyssey V | 2nd Stratum
-Dragon Quest III | No clue how far I got
-Dragon Quest VI | Got the bed, got completely lost
-Dragon Quest VII | 20 or so hours in
-Final Fantasy V | For the fiesta this year but I got a really bad party so I stopped
-Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age | Got the whole party on New Game Minus then my friends got me into FFXIV
-Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII | Low-ish level run, got stuck on the final boss

Not as many as I thought it would be but still...I will definitely finish DQXI.

I have the following going as far as I can remember:

Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Bravely Default
Shadow Hearts
Persona 3 Portable
SMT IV
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy X-2

And a bunch I haven’t even started yet like SMT Nocturne, Suikoden 1 and 2, FFXII and Trails in the Sky. I’m definitely getting DQXI day one though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are JRPGs I stalled out on but if that happens I typically just never go back. except for EO4 bc I can just pick that back up easily and do more dungeon crawling. More narrative stuff I find it hard to remember what was happening or how to play.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I got a shipping notification from Best Buy about this game a few days ago and apparently it's gonna show up today? Like really early? I'm kinda freaking out.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I almost never finish jrpgs but I've committed myself to finishing this one

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if I stall out on a game I always just restart it later

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

playing dragon quest VI was epic because it was a fan snes translation and sometimes you'd go to some corner of the map on your flying bed and some NPC would be all "dialogue box 7854!" and I was enlightened

I remember that. Iirc most of the main story was translated but you could revisit old towns much later and thered be new dialogue but it would be stuff like that or gibberish

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog posted:

I got a shipping notification from Best Buy about this game a few days ago and apparently it's gonna show up today? Like really early? I'm kinda freaking out.

I'm playing it right now and it's dawning on me that I will be able to play it all labor day weekend I'm so blessed

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hella jealous right now lol, enjoy you beautiful bastard

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

an actual dog posted:

I'm playing it right now and it's dawning on me that I will be able to play it all labor day weekend I'm so blessed

Jealous af right now. Congrats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011