Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I just passed this point but have been playing on the original kinda thinking about dropping the save and playing the definitive edition hmmmmmmmm

not sure how it works, but if you can just buy the extra stuff (mainly tickington and whatever QoL updates they did) then you're probably better off keeping your file. the definitive edition doesn't have the crossbow targets if that matters to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol that like half the npcs at the academy are either horny for the luminary or closeted lesbians.

i only just realized that you can click through in the fun size forge and find out where to find the materials you're missing (in addition to being able to just buy 'em). awesome!

i have two questions:

is reworking an item more generous than forging it? i finally got around to reworking some of my stuff and it feels way easier to make a +2 into a +3 than it does to craft it from scratch. if that's the case, i might try to get the star right away whenever i'm making something.

also, i had an empty space early in the shields that started to worry me so i looked it up and it seems like i'm missing a Pot Lid. you can apparently buy it from the wandering merchant in heliodor, but i can't find him. i think he's supposed to be at the campsite? anyone know where i can get a pot lid.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol that like half the npcs at the academy are either horny for the luminary or closeted lesbians.

i only just realized that you can click through in the fun size forge and find out where to find the materials you're missing (in addition to being able to just buy 'em). awesome!

i have two questions:

is reworking an item more generous than forging it? i finally got around to reworking some of my stuff and it feels way easier to make a +2 into a +3 than it does to craft it from scratch. if that's the case, i might try to get the star right away whenever i'm making something.

also, i had an empty space early in the shields that started to worry me so i looked it up and it seems like i'm missing a Pot Lid. you can apparently buy it from the wandering merchant in heliodor, but i can't find him. i think he's supposed to be at the campsite? anyone know where i can get a pot lid.

if you make your way back to cobblestone tor there's one in a chest behind the shrine at the entrance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reworking isn't easier but you may have levelled up since you first made it and also got luckier.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

Reworking isn't easier but you may have levelled up since you first made it and also got luckier.

Yep.

With the pot lid did you try actually camping or did you just go to the campsite?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

vyelkin posted:

if you make your way back to cobblestone tor there's one in a chest behind the shrine at the entrance

thanks. i'm worried i may have gotten that one and ignored the "you may not be able to get this again if you sell it" message, hopefully not.

In Training posted:

i'm probably just learning each individual weapon better, lol. just got enough perfectionist pearls that i've been working through the back catalogue of weapons and some of them i get a +2 and then immediately get a +3 the next time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

Yep.

With the pot lid did you try actually camping or did you just go to the campsite?

i did camp and i see the merchant, but there's nothing in the camp menu to engage with him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i did camp and i see the merchant, but there's nothing in the camp menu to engage with him

If you back out of the menu you can walk around camp.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

not sure how it works, but if you can just buy the extra stuff (mainly tickington and whatever QoL updates they did) then you're probably better off keeping your file. the definitive edition doesn't have the crossbow targets if that matters to you.

cool, I’m still playing and just made it to sniflheim :cheers:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

If you back out of the menu you can walk around camp.

this worked, lol. wondering how much else there is to discover that i've just been ignoring this far into the game.

cool, I’m still playing and just made it to sniflheim :cheers:

this is about where i am, i'm about to enter the snaerfelt. any time i save i try to work through three items in the fun size forge back catalogue. hoping to catch up before the end of act 1. i haven't bought gear since puerto valor, so i'll probably go on a shopping spree soon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dual wield plus two +3 falcon swords ftw.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

this is about where i am, i'm about to enter the snaerfelt. any time i save i try to work through three items in the fun size forge back catalogue. hoping to catch up before the end of act 1. i haven't bought gear since puerto valor, so i'll probably go on a shopping spree soon.

I feel like I'm just rushing through the game right now lol since I just made it to act 2, but whatever just rolling with whatever and grinding exp with auto battle. modding in the orchestral ost ftw

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
just finished act 2. holy poo poo this game OWNS

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

just finished act 2. holy poo poo this game OWNS

lol, we were at around the same place like two days ago. i've just been balancing perfectionist pearls, money and whatnot to get three stars on everything for the fun-size forge, i'll probably just squeak out the end of act 1 before Infinite Wealth releases and i take a long break.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol, we were at around the same place like two days ago. i've just been balancing perfectionist pearls, money and whatnot to get three stars on everything for the fun-size forge, i'll probably just squeak out the end of act 1 before Infinite Wealth releases and i take a long break.

you simply cannot take a break at the end of act 1

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lol I usually get paralyzed in rpgs and for some reason I was just in Act 1 for so long and I was getting bogged down by everything you could do.

vyelkin posted:

But then I beat act 1 and it was like drat this game's pacing just went crazy. It was so good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't mind savoring the game in bits and pieces between teaching ichiban to surf. some fun-size appetizers before the peking duck main course every night :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

I did. For about 11 months. Each act is basically a full game, story and content wise

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It is said that Dragon Quest games contain their own sequels.

...but is it art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
just finished 2 of the trials in act 3. I think I'm going to start taking it a bit easy and just go for sidequest stuff now before the end of the game. also finally the game got a bit tough