Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Blaze Dragon posted:

During GDQx, apparently the Stream went off during the Donkey Kong Country Returns playthrough, so instead SpikeVegeta played Picross. Sure made me think of you, Artix. Just lacked some FFXIII and some Bad Game Opinions. Here's both the warcrimes and the math:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtA0Mr-dUKc

Man I didn't even know there was a GDQx, this owns and I'm going to binge on runs for like a solid week now.

:siren: Part 26: The World Ends With Yoshi :siren:

You might say I'm a fan of TWEWY. It's kinda subtle, not sure if you picked up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GDQx caught me by surprise too, I just saw the videos pop up on my Youtube feed. It's shorter than usual but it had quite a few fun runs.

Also TWEWY is a super good game but I've never played any version other than the first. I wanted to get the Switch version but the price put me off, and then I read that the controls don't work so well there and...yeah. Maybe someday we'll get a sequel or something so it can have gameplay made for the console it is in instead of clumsily adapting DS gameplay.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I tried TWEWY back when it came out (or shortly afterwards) and didn't really like it. I'm a poor multitasker, and having to pay attention to the partner's screen too was just too confusing for me. I'd try the Switch version, but it doesn't have a demo and the eShop doesn't give refunds, so I'm not willing to front the money on a game I'm not even sure I'd like.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 27: Your Friendly Neighborhood Sheet Ghost :siren:

Please do not be the local sheet ghost. That carries a bunch of connotations you really don't want.

Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy
Viewtiful Joe - Another Joe
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Deep Keep
SimCity 3000 - Night Life
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team - Sacred Somnom Woods
Star Ocean: The Second Story - Stab the Sword of Justice
Undertale - Dummy!
Lemmings 3D - It's a Blast!
Picross 3D: Round 2 - Challenge
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Flock Step
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Mor Ardain (Roaming the Wastes)
Yoshi's Island - Bowser
Super Mario Odyssey - Steam Gardens
No More Heroes - Season of the Samurai
Star Ocean: The Second Story - KA.MI.KA.ZE
Tokyo Mirage Sessions: #FE - Event Battle
SaGa Frontier - Let's Swing!
Super Mario 64 - Staff Roll
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Binary Game
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Remix 4
Rogue Galaxy - The King of Legend
Umihara Kawase - Kawanabe Theme
SimCity 3000 - Central Park Sunday
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma - The Tyrant
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 - The Man Who Masterminds the Game
Mario Kart DS - Waluigi Pinball
Trails in the Sky FC - Hollow Light of the Sealed Land
Persona Q - Light the Fire Up in the Night (Persona 4 version)
No More Heroes - Steel Python
Cubivore - Get Symbol
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Neo Los Angeles (Night)
SMT Devil Summoners: Soul Hackers - Battle Theme
Turnabout Jazz Soul - The Fragrance of Dark Coffee

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was the right choice of song for the end there.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Yeah, perfect choice. The regular version of that tune has been my ringtone for many, many years.

This is a good chill LP, and I'm glad it's still going. :toot:

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hey, I just discovered this LP! I regularly do picross puzzles on pen and paper using picross magazines I get from the local kinokuniya.

I can’t tell you how jealous I am of Try It Out Mode, pen and paper is such a brutal pain in the rear end...but you get nice posters out of it sometimes! Also, there’s a sick sort of hunger that grows in your soul after finishing a huge puzzle when you hold it up with pride, but now you want to tackle an even bigger puzzle. Always bigger...

Anyway, I’m always on the lookout for tips on other advanced techniques like edge logic! Is it ok if I post pictures of ones I’m stuck on from time to time? (or ones I finish to brag?)

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 28, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
We have Picross magazines in the UK too, small and large varieties. Most text is in english though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 28: World Exclusive - Darksiders 4 is a Picross Game :siren:

It's exciting new content! And it's only three weeks out of date!

Anyway, let's talk about Darksiders. It's pretty great! 3... is not.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Finished this bad boy in just 5 days, which is a new record for me with puzzles this size (70x190). I feel really good!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

FAT BATMAN posted:

Finished this bad boy in just 5 days, which is a new record for me with puzzles this size (70x190). I feel really good!

:staredog: :catstare:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yep, those puzzles were Tornado, Witch and Scarecrow. Also, if it's not too late, the menu options are Start, Use Hint and Cancel.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 29: Fallout 76 is a Bad Game :siren:

Merry Christmas! I know we usually peddle in scorching hot takes on this channel, but I think we can all agree on this one.

E: My actual real hot take is that I legitimately like Fallout 3/NV/4 and all they had to do was make "Fallout 4, but with a buddy shooting poo poo with you" and it would be great. What we got instead was uh...not that. For a variety of reasons.

Artix fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 26, 2018

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think the Fallout 76 demo issue you referred to in the video was actually that the uninstaller just straight-up deleted the install directory for the game, so you had people doing things like installing it to Desktop or Program Files and then nuking their systems on uninstall when the uninstaller deleted like 75% of their installed programs. F076 has just been a comedy of errors from start to finish.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Having to wait out the boss puzzles at the end was bad enough, but the real design failure of konami picross was having to rely on RNG to pick the "bonus" puzzles out of the entire set rather than being able to go straight to them. It took me literal hours across several days of trying to find the last one I had left, even skipping everything except the puzzles in its category...
At least the new Expert Mode avoids both those problems, so I guess they learned from their mistakes?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Expert Mode in Konami Pixel Puzzles is garbage anyway, it's just do everything again, this time with an added layer of fake difficulty!

I think with deleting the whole folder you might be confusing it with Deltarune's uninstalled.

It's kind of incredible how bad Fallout 76 is, to the point where it's bleeding into the real world with its special edition bag issues and broken customer support system. :allears:

Yeah, that last puzzle was just flower field - I guess from when the witch put Dorothy and co. to sleep with pollen?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I think the Fallout 76 demo issue you referred to in the video was actually that the uninstaller just straight-up deleted the install directory for the game, so you had people doing things like installing it to Desktop or Program Files and then nuking their systems on uninstall when the uninstaller deleted like 75% of their installed programs. F076 has just been a comedy of errors from start to finish.

The uninstalled for Deltarune does that too. If you put it in the wrong directory you can microwave your hard drive accidentally.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Most uninstallers probably just do exactly that, but it shouldn't be a problem because why would you move it outside of its program directory, or other important files into the game directory? I never quite understood why it became such a hugely reported topic.

The Fallout issue was that just opening the launcher and hitting anything could delete the entire install; it retrospect, it really was just a sign of things to come.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

nine-gear crow posted:

The uninstalled for Deltarune does that too. If you put it in the wrong directory you can microwave your hard drive accidentally.
On second thought, this may be what I was thinking of there.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 30: Toto and the...Cactus? :siren:

FP totally missed my Seattle joke. :negative:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Toto is いぬ "inu", literally just "dog". I definitely found it weird at first glance that his name was written in hiragana rather than katakana despite his name being a foreign one, but it was just because he wasn't referred to by name at all.

Terrifying Dorothy is めがね "megane", "glasses". I guess that's what you're meant to put your focus in.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also the flowers are the Poppy field that put Dorothy to sleep.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artix posted:

:siren: Part 30: Toto and the...Cactus? :siren:

FP totally missed my Seattle joke. :negative:

You can literally hear the joke flying over his head. Holy poo poo.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 31: The Wisdom of Yogurt :siren:

It's all about merchandising, kids! Don't forget to be there for the mandatory reviewing of The Wizard of Oz!

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - Route 209 (Night)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) - Sea Breeze Concerto (Remix)
Nayuta no Kiseki - Rime On Trees of Silver
Super Mario Odyssey - Jump Up, Super Star!
RMI - Sacred Fireflies, Forgotten in Dreams
Mario's Picross - Theme 2
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Desert Area
Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - Route 19 (Autumn)
Etrian Odyssey - The Withered Forest
Omerta: City of Gangsters - Track 7
Pokemon Trading Card Game - Trainer Battle
Megadimension Neptunia Victory II - Dimension Zero
Thunder Force VI - Bio Flame
To The Moon - Moongazer
Sonic Unleashed - Rooftop Run (Night)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Exhibition Match
Shadow Hearts - Star Shape
Gimmick! - Strange Memories of Death
Ys Origin - Tension
3D Dot Game Heroes - Dash Race
Magic Sword - Staff Roll
Pokemon X/Y - The Kalos Power Plant
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Punch Bowl
Infinifactory - Resource Site 526.81
Etrian Odyssey IV - City of Radiant Ruin
Blast Corps 64 - Orion Plaza
DDR Mario Mix - Hammer Dance
Star Ocean: The Second Story - The Incarnation of Devil
Zwei: The Arges Adventure - Floating Continent Arges
Persona 3 FES - Heartful Cry
Mario's Picross - Theme 5
Pokemon Trading Card Game - Club Master Duel
Atelier Iris - Undeveloped Region
Pokemon Black/White - Route 10
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - An Empty Tome
World of Final Fantasy - World of Mega Battle
Persona 4 Arena - Spirited Girl

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The slippers are silver as I believe that was the original colour - the movie made them Ruby due to Technicolour, it made them pop better on screen.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The last one was indeed "Musical", and the balloon was involved because that's how the Wizard intended to take Dorothy home but he hosed up and left her behind.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

The last one was indeed "Musical", and the balloon was involved because that's how the Wizard intended to take Dorothy home but he hosed up and left her behind.

The balloon worked as intended. Toto hosed it up by jumping out at the last second to chase a cat and Dorothy hopped out after him. The Wizard was even like “It’s a hot air balloon, you moron, it doesn’t have brakes!” when she begs him to stop and come back.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The completely symmetrical puzzle looked fun as a two player activity, and it was nice seeing something so ordered instead of the usual mess of blue and red.

This one was just weird in general though, beyond no-named puzzles like "Dog" and "Glasses" and the lack of important characters...but I guess they just couldn't think of a good way to involve them in a puzzle.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

nine-gear crow posted:

The balloon worked as intended. Toto hosed it up by jumping out at the last second to chase a cat and Dorothy hopped out after him. The Wizard was even like “It’s a hot air balloon, you moron, it doesn’t have brakes!” when she begs him to stop and come back.

This is fair, my memory was hazy and I erred on the side of "never trust a wizard".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So hey it's been like three weeks and while I'm not here to tell you the thread is dead or anything we might be on a short hiatus while FP and I work through certified classic Nimpize's Adventure. Hopefully it should only be another couple weeks, but if not we'll try and sneak an NP3 recording session in there.