Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

It's cause it has "High School" in the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
My favorite movie about college is 1995's Kicking and Screaming, which is about when college ends and you don't really want it to and you're an insufferable 20 something.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

^ Seconding that film. Love it.

There is that great scene near the start of the 21 Jump Street film where the early 2000s protags try to be cool. but in early 2010 cool is the vegan gay friendly kids.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Animal House is still front of mind for me for a college movie (at least partly because of Homer Goes to College), but it's built like a high school movie in the same vein as Revenge of the Nerds I suppose

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Kicking and Screaming got some flack from critics for being kind of aimless but that was the point.

Woden
May 6, 2006

TrixRabbi posted:

It's cause it has "High School" in the name.

Fast times at Ridgemont High and Class of Nuke 'Em High were the first two I thought of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I thought of Starship Troopers and An Education, op

• Locked thread