Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ullerrm posted:

I will write "delta sqad" in Tengwar and put that motherfucker on a ring and that will be the OP

your terms are acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vilgan posted:

Frat is Vale + Tribute. 14T vs 11T.

Good idea to have an idea of super basic geography before throwing shade about receipts. I guess you could add Querious and but that's 1) heavily Sib Squad and 2) a pretty tiny amount that doesn't change things noticeably.

The funny thing is production is not a big deal for Frat, most of their isk comes from other sources. They might be approaching an order of magnitude jump over Goons at this point.

Frat is:

#1 in Production
#1 in Mining (by a lot)
#1 in Ratting (by 2-3x over goons)
#1 in wormhole isk income vs Goons/Horde (who are close to 0, altho Init does some). A lot of c5/c6 krabbing is Frat these days.
#2 in Pochven isk (behind Horde, goons are irrelevant here)
#1 in Lvl 5 mission income over the other blocs (by a lot)

Now goons are off to go beat up on fire who are basically irrelevant while Frat looks to add 2-3 regions

if you love frat so much why don't you join them

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Also, I repeat myself:

Liquid ISK doesn't win conventional wars.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

ullerrm posted:

I will write "delta sqad" in Tengwar and put that motherfucker on a ring and that will be the OP

what;s wrong with that?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ullerrm posted:

oh i expected nothing more or less from a vet of your bitterness, old friend

my only note is "needs more corp mails"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Every time there's someone going "The thing you've been doing for over a decade obviously can't work even though it has been and there's no evidence it has stopped". It's fun.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Vilgan posted:

Good idea to have an idea of super basic geography before throwing shade about receipts. I guess you could add Querious and but that's 1) heavily Sib Squad and 2) a pretty tiny amount that doesn't change things noticeably.

The funny thing is production is not a big deal for Frat, most of their isk comes from other sources. They might be approaching an order of magnitude jump over Goons at this point.

Frat is:

#1 in Production
#1 in Mining (by a lot)
#1 in wormhole isk income vs Goons/Horde (who are close to 0, altho Init does some). A lot of c5/c6 krabbing is Frat these days.

Now goons are off to go beat up on fire who are basically irrelevant while Frat looks to add 2-3 regions

the original thing you raised was "Imperium has decent production, 2nd only to Frat," you're backtracking here from that comparison (for obvious reasons). I would maintain that Delve+Fountain is a fair comparison to Vale+Tribute. I checked and literally every month YTD besides May, Delve+Fountain > Vale+Tribute in production. Mining and ratting are down in timeframes that correspond to the GEF deployment and mining in Vale+Tribute was only greater than Delve+Fountain in the month of May. You're making an error of comparing one month instead of a YTD comparison. Goons in eve though are definitely doomed because of Pochven or whatever.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Vilgan posted:

Frat is:

#1 in Production
#1 in Mining (by a lot)

You are so loving stupid it hurts

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
"Good idea to have an idea of super basic geography" says the screeching idiot who doesn't understand that Querious and Delve are basically conjoined twins due to how fake querious works

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
no but you see querious is just sib squad

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm actually the #1 source of Level 5 missions

Source: Trust me Bro

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Solus posted:

"Good idea to have an idea of super basic geography" says the screeching idiot who doesn't understand that Querious and Delve are basically conjoined twins due to how fake querious works

You could try not being a mouth breathing retard.

Top 3 index systems in Querious:

1) V-LEKM (Sib Squad)
2) 49-U (Catch border)
3) 3-FKCZ (Sib Squad)

There doesn't appear to be any serious buildup yet in fake Querious. Hence the reason 1) I didn't mention it and 2) there is poo poo for production in querious currently.

Yes, 2 years ago there was noticeable production in fake querious but then you guys had everything get burned down.

Maybe you should ask one of your fellow goons to make a very simple picture with colors so you actually understand WTF fake querious is?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The guy who's claiming unprovable metrics like "Most Level 5 Missions ran" are a sign of power is calling me a retard. lmao

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

the original thing you raised was "Imperium has decent production, 2nd only to Frat," you're backtracking here from that comparison (for obvious reasons). I would maintain that Delve+Fountain is a fair comparison to Vale+Tribute. I checked and literally every month YTD besides May, Delve+Fountain > Vale+Tribute in production. Mining and ratting are down in timeframes that correspond to the GEF deployment and mining in Vale+Tribute was only greater than Delve+Fountain in the month of May. You're making an error of comparing one month instead of a YTD comparison. Goons in eve though are definitely doomed because of Pochven or whatever.

Yeah, if you are comparing Init + Goons to Frat, then Fountain should be included. I was comparing Goons to Frat, but feel free to adjust as needed.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Querious has 1t ISK worth of ratting bounties in the last month but lmao it's not notable for goon income I am smart

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Hmm. I wonder if controlling the only functional market hub in nullsec means anything.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Solus posted:

Querious has 1t ISK worth of ratting bounties in the last month but lmao it's not notable for goon income I am smart

being fair to the FRAT fanboy, we were discussing industry as the basis of income for most line members.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dik Hz posted:

Hmm. I wonder if controlling the only functional market hub in nullsec means anything.

having combat hulls in 1dq that are lower priced than jita is such a horrible thing to have

and those prices being that low because they are even more cutthroat than jita sellers

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

If you look at the economic reports’ trade value column, 1dq1 is the third largest market hub in the game. It’s slightly larger than Rens or Dodixie.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm one of the dumbest people in game, but even I would never try to claim goons and the imperium only own one region.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

being fair to the FRAT fanboy, we were discussing industry as the basis of income for most line members.

I don't know that I'm a Frat fanboy, they are the people I shoot the most. Just creating some comparisons because it feels Mittens and by extension his alliance is stuck in 2019 style of thinking and eventually that will hurt. Goons got on top in part because they outkrabbed the rest of the universe by a significant amount in the Rorqual years and now a different group is taking that page from their playbook while Mittens hurfs about DBM rather than being flexible and taking on the state of the game as it is.

And this war just feels dumb. A fiery "we march to war for the first time since XYZ date!" speech to go invade.... Fire? Umm, okay. Shooting Horde's fort in Skarkon or Frat's fort in Nalvula is a hell of a lot more relevant to their interests than all the regions Fire inhabits.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Vilgan posted:

I don't know that I'm a Frat fanboy, they are the people I shoot the most. Just creating some comparisons because it feels Mittens and by extension his alliance is stuck in 2019 style of thinking and eventually that will hurt. Goons got on top in part because they outkrabbed the rest of the universe by a significant amount in the Rorqual years and now a different group is taking that page from their playbook while Mittens hurfs about DBM rather than being flexible and taking on the state of the game as it is.

And this war just feels dumb. A fiery "we march to war for the first time since XYZ date!" speech to go invade.... Fire? Umm, okay. Shooting Horde's fort in Skarkon or Frat's fort in Nalvula is a hell of a lot more relevant to their interests than all the regions Fire inhabits.

What should we do then?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
"why won't the alliance fund our misadventures for lining our own personal pockets in a region the alliance can't project power in while engaged in a full deployment war" I screech, and then call all of the directors names when called out on my bullshit? "No, I won't check that every time this idea has been brought up it has been immediately shot down by the alliance" I yell before calling directors more names because I am obviously smarter than the directorate I chuckle

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

What should we do then?

Roll over and die, obviously.

Or I guess embrace Pochven :v:

I am happy to see that my modest production setup is less than 10% of the total in Delve :sun:

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Wibla posted:

Roll over and die, obviously.

Or I guess embrace Pochven :v:

I am happy to see that my modest production setup is less than 10% of the total in Delve :sun:

Hard to believe you are sub 10%. Are you accounting for the fact I *think* MER counts each step again? So 50B reacted into 55B reacted into 65B of production counts as 170B not 65B? I *think* I'm around 600B in monthly production and I feel like a small potato compared to what I remember you talking about on gs_isk or whatever it was :)

As for what to do, seems like there are lots of lucrative and/or interesting possibilities. Gobbins went loving mental when goons + stribog reffed his astra during WWBII, if his fort in Skarkon was seriously threatened he'd care a lot more than fire slowly retreating from some regions for a while. And Horde has been staging out of that for for ages, the drops would probably be insane.

Could try to assault the C6 donut that lazerknocks have put together and take over some C6 constellations w/ organized taxes/etc for isk generation and actually tap that income source instead of just complaining about it.

Deploy to next to Frat and gently caress with them, they actually give good fights frequently.

Anyway, maybe I'm totally off base and goons are super excited to go retake the same worthless regions from an alliance that poses no threat to them while Horde shows up to the fights they want to and otherwise just surrender territory they don't care about. Maybe thousands are logging on with excitement at the thought of a mostly pointless war over some of the least desired regions in Eve. That wouldn't be me, but I'm also not in the Imperium anymore so whatevs.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 30, 2022

philihp
Jun 1, 2008

Vilgan posted:

Oh oh oh, I know! Add Fountain to the imperium side and let's do the math again!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Annoyingly he's worked out that Goon e-honour means that if we achieve our initial war objectives easily because the enemy doesn't show up, we have to turn around and go home and literally can't do anything else.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Vilgan posted:

Anyway, maybe I'm totally off base and goons are super excited to go retake the same worthless regions from an alliance that poses no threat to them while Horde shows up to the fights they want to and otherwise just surrender territory they don't care about. Maybe thousands are logging on with excitement at the thought of a mostly pointless war over some of the least desired regions in Eve. That wouldn't be me, but I'm also not in the Imperium anymore so whatevs.

Good to know you don't actually know what we're deployed for then, or what this war is actually about or what are objectives are you truly colossal loving dipshit. It's genuinely amazing how with each post you truly show your entire arse

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

philihp posted:

Oh oh oh, I know! Add Fountain to the imperium side and let's do the math again!

You aren't even the first person to misread "Goons" as "Imperium" and assume I forgot Fountain in this thread. Feel free to read up a couple posts?

Init has different leadership, different approach, etc and unlike the other english speaking alliances they still remain their own entity that likes to operate independent from goons when they can. I don't have any complaints about Init leadership, I think Dark Shines does a really good loving job. That includes him being open about the fact that he wishes they could be independent and didn't have to ally with Goons, but if you need to be part of a bloc the Goons are the lesser evil (and don't stab them in the back like NCDot did).

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You think that you can separate innit and goon industry numbers from each other in fountain and delve?

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Are we copying random reddit posts without context again or has this thread suddenly got interesting again?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We got a live one I fear.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Forum Wars IV: A New Cope

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Deffo a D named poster parachute account

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vilgan posted:

As for what to do, seems like there are lots of lucrative and/or interesting possibilities. Gobbins went loving mental when goons + stribog reffed his astra during WWBII, if his fort in Skarkon was seriously threatened he'd care a lot more than fire slowly retreating from some regions for a while. And Horde has been staging out of that for for ages, the drops would probably be insane.

Could try to assault the C6 donut that lazerknocks have put together and take over some C6 constellations w/ organized taxes/etc for isk generation and actually tap that income source instead of just complaining about it.

How do either of these help us build titans?

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Look as the nerd who ran the blazer group for a while, I can understand wanting to pontificate

But you lost the moment you called another poster retarded for not agreeing with you

e: mission runners make more than poochie space panhandlers, hth

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

How do either of these help us build titans?

They don't :v:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Taking a different look at Frat's industry setup, this time in Vale, from the lofty position of "haven't logged in in five years." Who the gently caress set this up? Do they have brain damage? Vale had so many outposts, and yet their top three manufacturing systems somehow managed to be in completely unbonused systems. Half of their top 20 industry systems have no index bonuses at all. I didn't test every single one of these in GTS, but the top N that I did all had one thing in common: A directly accessible lowsec mid. Many of them can be returned to from the Jita undock directly. Combined with their pathetic local markets and one thing is clear -- the greater majority of this industry is in high danger of being directly exported to Jita, the exact opposite of what you want as a state power.

Compare this to Delve, where 18 of the top 20 systems for makin' poo poo are in a system with at worst a 0.7 multiplier, most in a 0.6 or 0.5. (Whoever the gently caress is making stuff in 4K-TRB is getting their financial assholes widened on the reg by its unbonused nature.) Combine this with Delve's painful shipping costs, and you end up with a early 1900s Tulsa Greenwood district situation. An ISK made in Delve will, on average, be spent more reliably in Delve than sent to Wawa. I mean, Jita.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

yes, but you see "goons bad, war bad, pochven good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

i blame the goons