Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dalael posted:

Theta is the place to go and chill while you mine/krab if you want your poo poo saved. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes its cancer.

Wait wait wait. Goons DO mine? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wait wait wait. Goons DO mine? :monocle:

Can't tell if sarcasm or not.

If not.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CainFortea posted:

Can't tell if sarcasm or not.

If not.

In the Delekin days mining was considered alien and ungoony.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That was then. That was also when moon goo was mined by POS. Also this is almost back to the lolbertarian days of the dream of local production.

Except it's actually working.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Paramemetic posted:

We're burning down the North so yeah it's a good time to play if you like winning.

To win EVE is to stop playing.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Facebook Aunt posted:

In the Delekin days mining was considered alien and ungoony.

Rorquals are the now the most profitable, scale-able income source. In edition to Delve being one of the best regions because of a combination of good true-sec and small distance in LY, allowing a supercapital to reach from staging to ~80% of Delve. That, combined with goons' ability to get newbros into KF, then give them the means of printing isk in order to inject into more rorqs, in order to print more isk, in order to inject into more supers/titans, has given them critical mass. As well as always having fleets/sigs with poo poo to do. The last thing cannot be overstated enough as what most other alliances are lacking.

It boils down to a normal day in goons can be:
- Join fleet.
- Warp between 1 to infinity rorquals to mine.
- Jump on comms and bullshit with fellow nerds
- If an enemy of substance attacks you, just call for help, light cyno, and between 10-200 capitals will come destroy whatever is attacking you.

Not only does this allow you to make copious amounts of isk, but also allows you to shoot the poo poo with friends or watch netflix or whatever.

Edit: I should note that this is the reason I don't warp to goon rorqs when I roam Delve, because it greatly reduces the amount of give-a-poo poo people pay me.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

FranktheBank posted:

Rorquals are the now the most profitable, scale-able income source. In edition to Delve being one of the best regions because of a combination of good true-sec and small distance in LY, allowing a supercapital to reach from staging to ~80% of Delve. That, combined with goons' ability to get newbros into KF, then give them the means of printing isk in order to inject into more rorqs, in order to print more isk, in order to inject into more supers/titans, has given them critical mass. As well as always having fleets/sigs with poo poo to do. The last thing cannot be overstated enough as what most other alliances are lacking.

It boils down to a normal day in goons can be:
- Join fleet.
- Warp between 1 to infinity rorquals to mine.
- Jump on comms and bullshit with fellow nerds
- If an enemy of substance attacks you, just call for help, light cyno, and between 10-200 capitals will come destroy whatever is attacking you.

Not only does this allow you to make copious amounts of isk, but also allows you to shoot the poo poo with friends or watch netflix or whatever.

rorquals are stupidly scaleable

ccp seems to have an idea that a character should actively be able to make x isk/h

however, a rorqual requires hitting 1-2 buttons every 5-10min, so suddenly a single player can run 10+ no problem

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
hi anela

i don't play this poo poo game anymore because of theta's racism but i remember you fondly

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Mining has always been very scalable, and mining was already a decent income activity even before rorquals. It's just goons are dumb and like to repeat stale memes about how mining is/was bad until the most obvious broken poo poo that was rorqual mining on initial release combined with the prior capital rebalance smacked them over the head. It wasn't quite as good as carrier ratting which was the flavor of the month, but it was pretty competitive with ishtar ratting for a good year or two before we lost deklein, but again goons are dumb and can't do math

Basically rorquals are the new chimera, except you have 5b isk of vulnerable drones per rorqual sitting in space instead of a well-tanked chimera that works well with other ratting chimeras.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

eonwe posted:

hey im a j4g is this where i signup

hello eonwe

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

gently caress off

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

gwrtheyrn posted:

Mining has always been very scalable, and mining was already a decent income activity even before rorquals. It's just goons are dumb and like to repeat stale memes about how mining is/was bad until the most obvious broken poo poo that was rorqual mining on initial release combined with the prior capital rebalance smacked them over the head. It wasn't quite as good as carrier ratting which was the flavor of the month, but it was pretty competitive with ishtar ratting for a good year or two before we lost deklein, but again goons are dumb and can't do math

Basically rorquals are the new chimera, except you have 5b isk of vulnerable drones per rorqual sitting in space instead of a well-tanked chimera that works well with other ratting chimeras.

nah, we'd already eliminated the stigma around mining before rorquals were even a thing

it wasn't rorquals that did it, it was CCP nerfing those AFK chimeras you were talking about

we had dudes multiboxing barges when we were trying to make money in the bits of pure blind we'd clawed back prior to our exit from the north

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ad by Khad posted:

i don't play this poo poo game anymore because of theta's racism but i remember you fondly

Is this somehow still happening in 2018?

katka
Apr 18, 2008

:roboluv::h: :awesomelon: :h::roboluv:
Is there really any use or isk to be made in mining in anything that isn't a rorqual, or is it pretty much get into one as quickly as possible?

I ask cause I'm almost tempted to log in again to relive my newbie days mining.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Rutibex posted:

Eve is supposed to be somewhat of a sim. Removing jump freighters makes no in-universe sense. Of course jump drive technology would be used for cargo.

What they need is some module or ship that can interdict ships using a jump drive. Some kind of cyno sink that draws in all ships using a jump drive within a certain light year radius.

Something like that would need to be really costly and easy to prevent with a coordinated group or otherwise that basically would be the end of jump freighters in and out of highsec.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FranktheBank posted:

Rorquals are the now the most profitable, scale-able income source.

That's only partially true. It's the best PvE income source, but PvP income can be much greater. Be that killing freighters, scamming people, or gouging people on the market.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ad by Khad posted:

hi anela

Aww, thanks. :3:

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
if you have to ask what a j4g is, are you automatically a j4g?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I spent way too much time playing this game and would recommend it to no one, but if you do play this game then definitely play in GoonWaffe so your niche expertise and autistic poopsocking can be exploited rewarded to maximum benefit!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is this somehow still happening in 2018?

Probably. There's always going to be ~funny edgelord~ who try to push the limits of what's socially acceptable.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

katka posted:

Is there really any use or isk to be made in mining in anything that isn't a rorqual, or is it pretty much get into one as quickly as possible?

I ask cause I'm almost tempted to log in again to relive my newbie days mining.

Before you make your mind, keep in mind that rorqual mining is not any more fun than mining in a barge. You just make more, but it's equally boring. Also keep in mind that the alliance is filled with pubbies who use the super capital umbrella to hover entire belts in an hour with their 35 mining accounts.
That means, if you as a player with only a few account wants to mine, there's good chances that all you'll find are asteroid belts with nothing but Ochre unless you go in the few systems with the mining rules. If you're stuck having to mine Ochre, you may as well do carrier ratting.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Ad by Khad posted:

hi anela

There are other sigs. Nobody forces you to spend time with Thetans. That would be too cruel

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
nice triple post retard

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

nice triple post retard

Nice to know you can count.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:cripes:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
What's with the ads, is something happening again?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Over There posted:

What's with the ads, is something happening again?

Damned if I know. I didn't buy 'em and I don't know who did. Maybe it was because it was a new thread, or maybe it was tribute to Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka's robot spine.
In terms of things happening, we're jamming our thumbs into the eyesockets of the people currently squatting in the north, having thoroughly and repeatedly embarrassed them in supercap fights.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I motion that minitru doesn't get an OP shoutout until they make banner ads that don't include variations on the word "human being", thanks and god bless

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Damned if I know. I didn't buy 'em and I don't know who did. Maybe it was because it was a new thread, or maybe it was tribute to Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka's robot spine.
In terms of things happening, we're jamming our thumbs into the eyesockets of the people currently squatting in the north, having thoroughly and repeatedly embarrassed them in supercap fights.

I haven't played since 2013 but I'm happy to know some people are still fighting the good fight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hi

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

I motion that minitru doesn't get an OP shoutout until they make banner ads that don't include variations on the word "human being", thanks and god bless

I think these are retreads. Some of them look familiar.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CainFortea posted:

I think these are retreads. Some of them look familiar.

Yeah, they're all super-old banner ads. I don't think we've had any new ones in years, maybe the better part of a decade.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

I'll pitch in a cool 1B isk if it means paying someone to create banners sans homophobia.

That poo poo's, uuhh, not cool.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

DrHammond posted:

I'll pitch in a cool 1B isk if it means paying someone to create banners sans homophobia.

That poo poo's, uuhh, not cool.

wokeswarm

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

I'm Woke Alliance Please Ignore tyvm.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Hi, unfortunate space bureaucrat in charge of herding artists here. Banner ads aren't ours or at least not modern.

Will see if I can't get new dumb ads done up to offer to Lowtax's bone fund.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

Hi, unfortunate space bureaucrat in charge of herding artists here. Banner ads aren't ours or at least not modern.

Will see if I can't get new dumb ads done up to offer to Lowtax's bone fund.

This one says you need Teamspeak. They're pretty old. Definately pre-cultural revolution.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

This one says you need Teamspeak. They're pretty old. Definately pre-cultural revolution.

those are excellent vintage a++++

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Valar Morghulis posted:

To win EVE is to stop playing.

I'll figure this out eventually.

Libluini posted:

Imagine you're trying to be funny. Now imagine you are trying too hard to be funny. Now imagine you're shooting LSD directly into your eyes while trying too hard to be funny. This is FYAD.

This also works for feeble attempts to understand rutibex posts. Just substitute LSD for Pop Rocks, and yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
these ads are 2006 and earlier, for more information this nerdtastic whitepaper (it owns)

http://www.academia.edu/1709589/Goo...dium_to_Another