Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hey, somebody bought some ads for the thread. Thanks!

It's like 2009 all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Dalael posted:

Offgrid boosting isn't a thing anymore, but ongrid boosting is.
This is literally the extent of my knowledge when it comes to boosts.

Paging Querns since he became the new :ullerrm:

Boosting is now pretty much like flying a Hictor and everyone inside your bubble gets the fleet bonus instead of being tackled.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

4th Horseman posted:

This northen strategy of non super confrontation seems like the best way to end the invasion tbh

No super fights, no need for our supers to be up here, I imagine we pop one or two more keeps and then go home.

Time to look towards the next war.

Halfassing the job and declaring mission accomplished has worked out so well in the past after all

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

4th Horseman posted:

what should the alliance do if nc. dont show up to fight

Burn literally every citadel, ihub, GSC and mobile depot to the ground and transplant their entire rental empire to Goonspace?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Developing an Eve client for mobile phones and then tying it to a seperate server is the most :ccp: thing that :ccp: have done for a while

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

So how is invading the North going so far?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Kinetica posted:

They fix it but accidentally delete all the keepstars in game

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

My favourite boat story was when he formed up a little gang of us to go shoot blues in Querious and then I convinced the rest of the gang to blow him up instead.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

As a support for potential space priests: CCP has definitely said they will do logi on killmails now and it's Soon(TM).

So if a ship dies the killmail will have a failure list of people who weren't able to save them?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Post your best Blackops BS ratting fits.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Micromancer posted:

Fireside today almost had wh info dropped on it by pathfinders. If you want wh action, gsf (and likely the other null blocs) may be doing some interesting stuff soon.

Are firesides still being recorded? The guy who used to do it hasn't posted one since September.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Ambaire posted:

Sometimes, I wonder what would happen to the player population if CCP announced a full server reset, everything wiped, all assets, isk, etc etc, but people get to reserve their character names so they can keep those at least. 15 years is a hell of a long time for poo poo to accumulate. Imagine a fresh start with everyone on the 'ground floor'.

All the people currently playing would quit. No new players would replace them because it's a game from 2003.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

I once renamed every ship in the EG deployment cache to MY COCK RAGES ON .

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

CCP trapped themselves into a Catch-22 the second they decided to green light titans. Much like Jedi in SWG, they thought they could put a faucet on the ocean and reserve supercapitals for, well, their friends in BoB

Winding the clock back 15 years, if Titans and Motherships had fully leaned into the non-combat support roles rather than being massive DPS and EHP machines on top (if it hadn't taken until now to get the clone vat bays working, for one), and dreads and carriers were the top of the tree for blowin things up then we wouldn't have seen nearly this degree of proliferation and probably things would be much healthier as a whole.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

iospace posted:

That sound you heard from the Drone Regions was the collective cry of MUH TIIIIICKS:

https://www.eveonline.com/article/qins3g/concord-introduces-the-dynamic-bounty-system

The tl;dr: if you rat the poo poo out of a system, the bounty payments go down.

So we're back to the days of needing to own half of nullsec to give ratters enough space to not be continuously tripping over each other?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Undock from the main keepstar in 1dq and zoom all the way out. You will see two sotiyo and five keepstars on grid plus some faction fortizars.

For the benefit of someone who has barely logged in for the last 6 or so years and doesn't really know what the gently caress, what sort of damage can each of those structures do to an attacking fleet? Can hostiles attack one whilst staying out of attack range of the others?

I can remember the good old days of POS gunning being able to take out a sieged dread or two in a siege cycle but I'm guessing from the way they're being talked up we're talking much more significant output from modern structures?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

DGC773 posted:

What? What system are you in?

I'm loving that your hugely crippling embargo on ratting or mining relies on you asking the ratter what system they are in before you can stop them.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

I'm just some dumb guy who hasn't played for years, but eliminating the PLaNC supers first in any mega battle is surely a smarter strategic choice.

Test are idiots, the Imperium would have a good shot at taking them apart even if they had a super fleet and we didn't, but burning down all the TEST and Imperium supers as we're entering an era of resource scarcity is surely just handing long term dominance to PLaNC?

Plus I'm 99% sure TEST would fully coward-fit their super caps for full buffer and no damage before putting them into 1DQ.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Question: how many Titans did TEST have to their name before M2 happened? Is there actual Intel on what proportion of their super fleet has been wiped out now?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Is that the actual Aaron Static or did he give away his character?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Did the abyssal/mutagenic loot that you could use to apply a stat randomiser on existing modules (if I'm even remembering this correctly) actually go in? Has it made a difference that anyone noticed or is it only ever found on high-sec hanger trophies?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

The fun thing about extracting a logged off Titan fleet is that on any given date and time where the login call is made some of those players are going to be unavailable. Some of the PAPI pilots who could happily commit to a fight during Christmas break weren't expecting to still be there logged out four weeks later, they're not going to all be able to respond and get out with the rest. You're going to have stragglers stuck in there for a long time yet assuming the camp stays up even if there is another large breakout or two.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Is there some sort of guide or writeup anywhere to the groups taking bites out of PAPI space whilst they're all in delve? I keep seeing talk of "Freemen in the North" and somebody else attacking Catch but it's all a bit vague and hand wavey. Who are these people, is it a legit play by someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing and has the chance and intent to take and hold that space permanently, or just some random gaggle of nobodies moving in to get uncontested structure shooting ops for killboard padding?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Jintozook81 posted:

I’m hoping that they just stick to new pilot stuff with these Expert System packs. Not, “Pilot a Titan for $99.99.”

The resulting lossmails would be spectacular, though.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Micromancer posted:

Further, we built this massive structure hell in a couple years from nothing as well. We've learned a lot and no matter where we root delve or not it's going to be whiplash inducing how fast we will not only build it all again, but do it even better because of experience.

It'll be intriguing to watch the reconstruction of Delve, looking forward to seeing 1dq's in-gate replicated at every choke point and important strategic system.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I haven't kept up with the changes, but it seems like every region is gutted beyond repair right now. The only thing that might make a difference is "proximity to Jita" or "proximity to useful lowsec/highsec" or "proximity to a profitable mission hub." Delve doesn't really tick any of those, but the differences are so minor and alts are so easy to use that I don't really see a compelling reason to leave, assuming we survive.

Is there another obvious region that has all those things in its favour? I'm probably even more or of the loop than you but from an uneducated scan of the map Delve has proximity to Amarr Prime (how badly was that market affected by the highway to Jita being broken?), Aridia/Khanid lowsec is only a short hop away, and NPC Delve is right there as a mission running zone. If those features can be pacified and cultivated into useable assets Delve may still be the best place to live even without considering the 1DQ1 hub placement.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Xolve posted:

How they were so loving confident that they were going to win, I'll never understand.

They spent literally years telling themselves and everyone else who would listen that Goons only win anything because they blue and blob and that N+1 was an uncounterable flawless strategy. They then assembled N+100,000 into the biggest bluest donut the game has ever seen.

How could they possibly lose???

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Dik Hz posted:

Why are people so stupid about these changes? Double asteroid sizes plus 100% waste = exactly status quo.

The status quo is scarcity. This was being sold to us as improvements and the end of scarcity, right up to the point where people got to look a bit closer at the actual numbers behind the headlines.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

what's stopping these clowns from just....undoing scarcity

like, a functional version of the game is right there, in their internal repository

Sunk cost fallacy is a hell of a drug.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Soylent Yellow posted:

A couple of weeks ago I posted the killboard of a creditcard warrior who was asking questions in Rookie Help, after coming across his slightly unusual Phoenix lossmail. I bookmarked his killboard on the off-chance it was a gift that kept on giving. I wasn't wrong.

I saw him asking questions in rookie help again recently, this time about passive tanking. I just checked his killboard, and found this beauty:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/97114445/

At least this time he managed to fit the right-sized guns.

I'm the faction large shield extenders.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Kesper North posted:

I actually really miss the old ECM. I did so many things because of Falcon

One of my favourite memories of old Eve was sitting alone in the middle of a 5-ship Mercenary Coalition gang in a falcon, permajamming everyone.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Given that CCP 2022 seem largely incapable of doing anything other than changing numbers on a spreadsheet, my own dumb idea is to have ECM be like it used to be but drop the range drastically, to around 10km. That means instead of being anti-everything it becomes like an inverse sensor dampener, so it acts as a specific counter to the close range preferences of the Gallente, their racial foe, and forces those opponents to engage at a longer range that plays into the hands of Caldari sniping doctrines. And it can be implemented in five minutes of code adjustment.

I realise that point blank brawling is underpowered in fleet combat already but that's a whole separate issue to tackle.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

There's absolutely a conversation to be had about how much situational intel should be actively or passively granted to the player trying to PvE in their space versus that available to another player looking to find and kill them.

The answer to that debate is absolutely not to leave the ratter blind and helpless on a plate for anyone to gank at will, because that quickly ends with them heading back to safer PvE of empire or another game entirely, and nothing for the rest to hunt for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Wibla posted:

You can also mitigate risk a lot better in wormholes than in nullsec, via how hosed up the wormhole mechanics are.

Meanwhile nullsec has cynos :v:

Cynos, fixed/infinite mass gates, and a big red blob that shows up on the map saying HEY GUYS LOOK HOW MANY RATS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THIS SPECIFIC SYSTEM HERE to the entire game.