Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Have dabbled around in the game a bit in the past, reinstalled it over the past weekend and was immediately hooked. Though I guess based on my posting history, no point in trying to get into GoonWaffe?

please don't listen to the people saying to join Karmafleet. Goonwaffe gets double SRP (insurance on when you get a ship blown up), has no participation requirements, and is in the same alliance as Karmafleet so you miss out on precisely zero of the social and organizational "benefits"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

E: Let's please not rehash the entire loving thing, the tl;dr is a joke protest spiraled wildly out of control and everything kept getting stupider.

Please remember this next time because it always draws out the low key shittiest poster in this thread, CainFortea, to make even more and even worse posts than usual

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Show me on the doll where the SRP touched you.

you are a human trash can. not in the obvious sense in that garbage is smelly and gross or whatever; You are a receptacle for phrases and ideas, which then rot in your idiot brain, and every time you open your lid by pressing that post button, the familiar smell of those ideas, now decomposed, comes oozing out. Every time you unironically type "boydozer" into the post field your familiar stench of rotting banana peels and 3 year old catchphrases follows.

And, let me preempt your next barf onto the screen.

*clears throat*

"nice meltdown"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

evilweasel posted:

ahh well i figured a bot carrier hanging around in 1dq was probably on your side cause i don't think they're on ours :v:

Kaladin Nk'rar exacts his revenge

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

What is there to wargame?

When TAPIGoon has 2x your numbers in titans mixed across all damage types what exactly are you expecting to be able to pull off against them?

PLNC are alliances focused on PvP. We don't want to PvE. Maybe that makes us weak with this stupid krab-centric new order but I'd rather die as a PvP alliance than embrace spod into my brain.

source your quotes please

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i'm going to continue to drop my carrier with my space friends on gotg nerds and there is nothing you can do about it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

here's a thing we're not getting anymore: space fights in an internet spaceship game where you're meant to make the space ships fight

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

orange juche posted:

Hole violence is dead fam. Got got over cranky mods. Now they're a discord based alliance.

the whalers is the "wormhole squad" now since they have some autists in leadership that roll nullsec statics for content and then hook them up to delve

e: is TEST more or less pubbie than GSF now? I mean by the old definition TEST is 100% pubbie but I mean in spirit

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

is there no end to his treachery

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dalael posted:

19:55: Asher: Some FC’s are getting burned. Support staff are working hard and putting their irl selves aside. <Join the state apparatus you nerds.>

Are there things that idiots like me can do to help that doesn't require logging in EVE all that much? It's not that i don't want to, but i literally can't during the week, simply not enough time, but I'm sure i can manage low effort stuff that would ease the burden on the real heavy lifters of the coalition.

*edit: or maybe i can free some time during the week.

i asked about doing some of the IT poo poo and got ignored, and i don't think you can just join GSOL so v0v

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i have been in goonfleet since 2010 so sorry about your chaos dunk that biffed off the rim there my friend

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Micromancer posted:

I would consider it a serious personal favor if everyone if 'Waffe that thinks this way would at least please check the corporate threads for Goonfleet even if you avoid the cool and good sections of gf.com we need your voices.

Idle in Goonfleet mumble. Add anything other than poo poo about fuel contracts in the Jabber channel. Don't forget if you are new to 'Waffe and Eve come find me and I will take you to where the assistance lives.

sorry bucko, I only post on the forums populated by dangerous schismatics

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

man that "herald of mittani" wh40k gimmick that someone is doing on reddit is insanely bad

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

uwaeve posted:

Hello space friends I miss homeland defense jabber and the forums. Not enough to start playing again, but close. I occasionally check out the influence map to see if we've retaken Deklein but no luck so far. Keep up the good fight, I have never not believed (and will never not believe) in you.

hell yeah

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MaxPowers posted:

I never got my time in space court and it upsets me how my good name will never be cleared since the 2017 destruction of the space town hall.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rutibex posted:

If someone is in the rear end end of 0.0 space they are going to buy whatever you are selling regardless of the price (unless its insane like 200% markup). You have a captive audience, they have no alternatives. Undercutting by such a large amount only harms your own profit margin, its not going to get your poo poo sold any quicker.

unless i need it for an op that is happening right now i buy in jita and ship to wherever i need it because gently caress Delve market nerds

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

wasn't there a BFC thread about a guy trying to manage his money and he kept doing things like using his child's tuition money to "invest" in various *coins?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the great clown rear end pagliacci is in town

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

notaspy posted:

Is there a stockpile of titans somewhere is the goon empire?

Mental.

yes, forums poster evilweasel literally came into this very thread after x-47 part 1 and talked about handing out titans to nearly everyone that lost one in the fight

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i always thought j4g stood for "join 4 guild"

perhaps i was the j4g all along

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

t2 carriers to counter the t1 carriers

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Truga posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Amarr Navy, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Delve, and I have over 300 titan kills. I am trained in covops warfare and I'm the top bomber in the entire nullsec. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this galaxy, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over jabber? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across nullsec and your clones are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the band of developers and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the galaxy, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

*nods sagely*

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MaxPowers posted:

If you quote me or read my posts you owe me 100m tia

try and collect bithc

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

if you can believe it, the posting is much worse than when you left

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hey deadtear will I got r/o if I make a callout thread in SGBS cataloging all the people in the secret santa thread with like 3 posts and all of them are in year's past secret santa threads? please assume that I will make the thread funny and not laborious to read when answering.

Kind Regards,

Johnathon Jaces, V

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

well the issue is that I would like to keep updating it as more people sign up and if it is just going to get gassed right away it isn't really worth it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ok I’m traveling but I’ll do it when I get home

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

jesus christ there are so many of these shitfucks and now I'm just getting mad

i've owned myself

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

L0cke17 posted:

Fuckit, just call them out in the sign up thread. What could go wrong? :iiam:

im gonna do it when i get done with traveling and family obligations this week/weekend. this has the added benefit of me not having to update as more people sign up and getting to see what people put in the gift suggestion thread

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

orange juche posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. AFK Jump freighters on fire off the shoulder of Uedama. I watched polarized blasters glitter in the dark near the Niarja Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sentinel posted:

Been doing some opps and logging in randomly. Anyone know any squads need another member? i've yet to join one

the only one worth joining is reavers, the rest are trash

well miniluv is okay if you're in EU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the last few times i did it we were killing freighters on suspect timer cooldown but i've seen some dry spells too

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Boatswain posted:

Why are reavers worth joining?

they're the one competent pvp group in goonswarm. it's like being able to fly with INIT but get all the infrastructure of goonswarm. asher is also the most tolerable of the goon FCs and is much better at herding spergs in nondisruptive directions on comms

pathfinders is trash

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

someone buy my rorqual

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Addamere posted:

Tighter fleet composition and fleet discipline tend to follow the better fcs

this is F O R S U R E true in present-day Goonswarm. I left because the only tolerable FCs to fly under were Asher and Pittsburgh and i'm not good/motivated enough to step into that role myself

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rutibex posted:

You could only launch up to 5. The "Drones" skill was a hard cap on how many you could launch.

drone interfacing used to give you access to more drones. You used to be able to fly a thorax with 8 ogres in it. This was years and years ago, of course.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hello, Angelique

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Didn’t someone just lose their titan to a Guristas Sotiyo

yeah some Shadow Cartel guy in low sec

sadly it was a guy from MASS, which was a cool corporation when i started the game like 14 years ago down in Stain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

gons are trying to evict Hard Knocks I guess?