Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I j4g 9 years ago, can I finally join now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Dalael posted:

Do you post in FYAD?

Of course not

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I have only been in there for a dozen clicks.

I found it scary and weird.

Is it the trial I must pass before I can tackle for the swarm?

The last trail I undertook was recording myself saying a very lame verse not realising that it was a joke trail.

I'm a bit gullible me. A touch too trusting. I was once a rich eve man until I transferred 10bn isk in the hope of joining the greater goon.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/251962-continual-war-update-thread/

This gets updated with every dinky structure we murder and every fleet, regardless if we win or lose.

How does a banned for j4g person get access to that?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I listen to a podcast called talking in stations and they had the dude who runs the north on this week.

Dude sounded broken, but he says that he is expecting the mother of all assaults on the day the truce comes to an end, which makes sense.

First, do the north have any chance of getting their poo poo together enough to bridge the resource gap and be able to fight on an equal footing?

Second, with the imperium planning on turtling up and putting down defences everywhere (is it realistic to think you can put keepstars everywhere a keepstar can be put) does that afford the north a chance to close the gap of which I spoke?

Third, who do you think would win in a fight between a baboon and a badger?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Did someone break the truce?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

What is a palpatine keepstar?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Rutibex posted:

It doesn't even do anything. The only reason to build a palpatine keepstar is if you desperately want to attract a fleet of everyone in EVE (trying to get on the killmail).

Maybe that is what goons should do.

Build one in the heart of their territory and tell the world "come and get it".

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Is there a stockpile of titans somewhere is the goon empire?

Mental.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I've started watching Jin'taan's videos.

Are they considered honest and accurate?

If so I have a few questions about the current war.

1. In which of the 2 blocs are Test?
2. If you do get your poo poo pushed in, what happens? Will the other two go to war?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Snail Information posted:

That's what you get for registering an account a decade ago and not using it until the coronavirus locked you indoors. Are you ex-GSF, or just completely new, totally not a spy?

your rang

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I'm looking on the sov map and things don't seem to be going your way.

Is this all a cunning ploy to draw them in then smash them?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Stereotype posted:

new rumor is that panfam is sick of test and is about to sell them out now that it is abundantly obvious that test cannot wage a war at all

What is the difference between Panfam and pandafam?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I've tried joining in the past and both times I have been rejected.

Is there anyway of finding out why? Pretty sure it's because I j4g. I have no interest in overturning the decision as I am never going to play this game.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

:qq: we bit off more than we can chew :qq:

Inject it straight into my veins

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Could someone link a goon stream please.

Will INN be doing a liveblog again?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

On stream there seems like there is a lot more reds/greys then blues.

Is that due to snek using carriers?

And what is the 15 min timer for? To anchor/have the core inserted?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's probably both the fact that they are using carriers and the simple fact that they outnumber us.

The current 15 minute timer is the final timer before the structure becomes fully operational and protected by shields. The rough lifecycle of a keepstar from deployment to fully operational is as follows:

Keepstar dropped. Vulnerable for 15 minutes. (happened yesterday)
Keepstar invulnerable for 24 hours.
Keepstar vulnerable, core not installed.
Core installed, keepstar vulnerable and onlining for 15 minutes. (we are currently here)
Keepstar fully online, all services operational, 3 reinforcement layers required for removal.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about the massive outnumbering thing.

The 80% seems to be going down at a steady rate, is is likely to slow down?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

their tactics are to keep dropping Keepstars - they have either 16 or 1 left, more than likely the latter - and hope that we get bored of throwing subcaps into the meatgrinder of space we don't own. That's it. That's their plan

Are they fans of Blackadder or something?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Bucnasti posted:

Ok I think that makes sense.
Just so I'm 100% clear:

1. Keepstar dropped. Vulnerable for 15 minutes. (happened yesterday) -- Attacking Structure
2. Keepstar invulnerable for 24 hours.
3. Keepstar vulnerable, core not installed.
4. Core installed, keepstar vulnerable and onlining for 15 minutes. (we are currently here) --Attacking Structure
5. Keepstar fully online, all services operational, 3 reinforcement layers required for removal. -- Attacking Shields, then Armor, then Structure

is that correct?

According to the stream Goons attacked during 3, and due to the foibles of the game, there wasn't a damage cap which has sped things up again.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Is it a trade off between plates and guns for s keep?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ajaxify posted:

This astra?

oops

Was this yours or theirs?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ajaxify posted:

This was a snek Astra dropped on the same grid as the snek KS we will be fighting on tomorrow.

Paused and destroyed with 53 seconds left on the timer.

Another KS?!

Keep this up and you'll have to go on a diet.

But seriously, what would happen if the snek stopped for a month and pulled themselves together as a proper unified force with some half decent logistics behind them?

Would you guys be be able break out (if you wanted too) or would they be able to bottle you up?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

When you guys did that aoe attack why didn't you tell ccp ahead of time so that they would online a special server just for you?

Checkmate goons.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Solus posted:

tfw the hurf gets blurfed

How is 1dq 0.4, I would have thought it would be 0.0

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

iospace posted:

Is this a serious post?

Yes, i played years ago and vaguely remember the safety scale.

1.0-0.5 : concord turn up if you do a pvp
0.4-0.0: go wild

And my brain is saying the amount of fighting in a system determines if you are .3 v .4 etc

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Its not 0.4, its -0.4. The scale goes lower then 0

Ohhhh.

I did not know that.

Ty turnipman.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

it's got 3 hours 45 left on its anchoring timer

Have you guys gotten there nice and early to load the grid?

Have you emailed ccp to make sure they have spun up an extra server?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Out of interest, why is noone in stain?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Can someone post a screenshot of the murder grid? Or would that be breaking opsec or something?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

General_Disturbed posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pMALcYS.png

This is the last good pic I took of the grid. I can't imagine it's 'opsec' since nothing in eve can stop some moron from flying an interceptor through the 1DQ gate and taking a pic of it.

Ty man but this looks like the link is broken

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

This should work maybe.
That's alot of poo poo.

General_Disturbed posted:

Imgur's dogshit servers are down. It will be working again soon. I've tried to attach the pic on here but SA has such draconian restrictions on size of pics that it's not worth the :effort:

Ty gentlegoons.

That looks like a lot of poo poo.

Two peaks is a keep, one is the next type down?

Do snek have to kill all of that to claim the system?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Loky11 posted:

looks like someone flipped the fort in Y-2 to PL...

unironically where init's staged their caps and subs.

Doesn't that mean they are gone for good, unless they can get it back?

Maybe they are just about to turn on The Kittens? Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnn.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

How big are Keepstars? Titans are 18km long according to the internet and keepstars dwarf them.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Otacon posted:

162 kilometers tall, 150 kilometers wide according to https://updates.eveonline.com/card/3rxax/keepstar/

lol, "provides a solid base for an Alliance or Coalition headquarters".

How many have you got? 60?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

The Claptain posted:

If Mittens had lost a freighter doing logistics, we'd all laught at him.

If Mittens had lost a freighter doing logistics, it would have been because you lot were the ones shooting at him for a laugh.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Apparently our guys just snapped the P-Z ihub in querious -- a hostile keepstar system. No more JB for them :toot:

The D00m clock has 9 hours to go on the ihub in HIX4-H, is this likely to be a big fight?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Considering it's not even reinforced, probably not. I imagine we probably just let that keepstar die if they attack it -- it's in period basis.

According to Dotlan, it hit level 3 four hours ago so they can jam it now regardless. Of course, we can still snap the hub any time we like

Ty for the replies.

I thought that if the ihubs on the D00m clock got to level 4 that meant that 1dq could be attacked by the snek superfleet which would be bad.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Joke Miriam posted:

Imperium's blob continues to shrink on the map. How long till they destroy your capital system or whatever the victory condition is?

Imperium is executing a Battle of Thermopylae where they are shrinking down to a handful of extremely well defended systems, the first one being 1dq.

There they have built a grid that contains 20 odd stations including 5 keepstars.

For the pissbabies to win they need to break that.

It is unlikely they will be able to.

Longer term I think the plan is to break the will of the pissbabies and then push out and gain revenge, this is why PAPI have to keep this up. If they turn around now they will be harried all the way back to their home systems.

PAPI can't do a siege as goons have a massive bank and could probably turtle up for an age while attacking enemy back lines with alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Simple Farmers just stole like 30 Brave structures and a bunch of random small corps are dropping structures in catch lol

is this a bit of old school Mittaning?