Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Have dabbled around in the game a bit in the past, reinstalled it over the past weekend and was immediately hooked. Though I guess based on my posting history, no point in trying to get into GoonWaffe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

KarmaFleet's recruitment process requires an API key, the creation of which has been discontinued by CCP. What do I do? The page says:

No more applications are being accepted from this site while KarmaFleet migrates to the new EVE Online API.

... yet I can access the next page for adding new characters (https://recruit.karmafleet.org/users/eve_characters).

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Flamester posted:

Alright I have a friend that's in Ascendance and they talk about it a lot, and I like the thread title, so I want to join this.

Is there a idiots guide to eve that I should read, or is the OP from the old thread and in game tutorial enough? There was also something about a 90 day wait in the joining link.

I've been following guidance on this page: https://www.thealphasguide.com/. Not sure how legitimate it is, but have based the initial skill training + ship setups off of that.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

That guide isn’t terrible for new players, but be aware that it begins and ends in the shallow end of the pool. If you’re more of a “jump into the deep end” type, there’s a lot you can do by going straight to Delve and you won’t miss much by avoiding high security space. But if hisec appeals to you then sure, run some missions and train up some skills! Just be aware that whatever you’re doing in hisec is basically peanuts.

I haven't managed to even apply to any Goon corporations yet, think I'll avoid flying anywhere for now where I'm likely to get blown out of the sky in an instant. :)

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

One week into GoonWaffe (and EVE itself) and I still haven't got the slightest clue what is going on.

Positive: I've participated in 4 fleets.
Negative: 99% of time has gone to figuring out where the gently caress everyone warped to.

Positive: Properly doing skill training according to the wiki page.
Negative: Can only pilot a lovely Atron, even mining doesn't look feasible currently in nullsec (NPC-s kill me).

Positive: Every exchange I've had with people from GoonWaffe has been nothing but positive.
Negative: nothing.

Positive: Managed to scavenge some PVP wrecks for about 2M ISK of loot.
Negative: Flew to nullsec with 10M, down to 5M in ISK now.

Positive: Almost read through all the basic articles on the Wiki.
Negative: That appears to account for approximately 0.05% of the Wiki content. Still no clue what most of the words and abbreviations on GoonWaffe forums stand for. Should I submit my Atron losses through Affordable care? What the gently caress is an ESI/CREST link? How come everyone manages to align to locations in a second and I need to navigate 30 seconds to find the right spot in place?

Looks fun, guess this is the best time (so many skills to still train) to continue figuring poo poo out, before I am able to fly (and get destroyed) in higher value ships.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Truga posted:

Your FC will usually tell you where to align when you drop out of warp. Sometimes they'll also tell you a couple seconds before warping. Doubleclicking in space or on the overview will turn your ship towards that, so when "warp now" comes down the mumble you warp instantly.

If the FC doesn't tell, your fleets probably have doctrines you need to read up on (i.e. in my corp we'd always burn towards the sun after jumping, and warp towards one of the inner planets or moons)

The main issue has been figuring out where the things that I need to be aligned to are, should I be keeping my eye on the Overview or somewhere else? So far I've basically resorted to just circling the space around my ship and see if I can spot the location called out, and have zero clue what to do when someone calls out "Node 35" or whatever, which can't be found in the overview.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Thanks for the tips! I do use a custom Overview pack (forget which one, but from the GF wiki). Will try to keep an eye on the Overview window then, right now I think I'm just too slow as well in figuring the poo poo out as everything beside the alignment part is still quite overwhelming.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Have grown to quite like this game, though have not seen much point in joining more fleets for now.

Focused on exploration instead until I get enough skill points to fly a more relevant ship (joining in a T1 seems like a waste of everyones time).

Exploration has so far netted about 200M over roughly 10 hours spent on it from scratch.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Thanks to whoever posted that market guide. I'm a lovely newbie with very little capital but have managed to climb from 1B ISK net worth to 2.5B ISK in a week, pretty happy with myself.

E: Best item I've managed to find so far is the one I've been able to flip at ~500x the purchase price.

lovely tuna snatch fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 11, 2018

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Joined GoonWaffe (and started playing the game) August 23rd. Today, reached 10B net worth and bought next month's sub with ISK. Thanks again to whoever posted that station trading guide a few pages back.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Kosani posted:

Is this game worth starting as a new player?

Sure. I started mid August, and by now I've gone on some 30 fleets and destroyed about 200B in enemy ships. Market trading is also easy which means I'm not even paying for my account with RL money any more.

Join, read the stuff on Gooniversity forums and ask a lot of questions in the in-game little_bees channel.

Everything is very overwhelming at first, but I'd say the two most important things are trying everything a little bit (to figure out which activities you like - various forms of PVP, various forms of PVE, mining, PI, industrial things, market trading etc.) and starting to join fleets as early as possible (so you can figure out what the gently caress is going on in them as early as possible; my first few fleets were spent halfway across the galaxy trying to figure out where my fleet is, would not want that to happen now that I'm able to fly ships that are actually relevant to the fleet comp and don't cost 1M).

lovely tuna snatch fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 26, 2018

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Kosani posted:

Sounds awesome, if you go free to play does it really gimp the experience?

I'd recommend starting off with an Alpha (free) account, it does not gimp anything while you are learning the ropes, because the ships Omega (paid) allows you to fly will at that point be at least a month away in terms of skill training.

With a free account, you can just try out and see if you like it with no money spent on it. The main thing is not to get stuck in the newbie areas after completing the tutorial - it might feel overwhelming but the sooner you join GoonWaffe / Karmafleet and fly over to where we operate, the faster you'll start having fun.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

So is there any relevance of pap for GoonWaffe members other than being included in the monthly stats updates?

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You help to raise the bar for the other folks. So, basically, there's no point for us.

OK, 10 fleets this month, guess I'll keep raising the bar. :)

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

ZombieLenin posted:

Not to sound like a total loving newb (I mostly am because I stopped playing for 4 years); however, now that I am in Goonwaffe is there a loving primer for where I need to go and how I get my poo poo to null without it taking all week because of jump fatigue? I checked the goonwaffe forums/wiki but gently caress if I could find any information on this.

https://www.imperialtranscontinentallogistics.com/

There's a thread in the GSF forums under Home Economics that describes how to the shipment for free if you're a newbie, though I'm not sure if you qualify for that. And not sure if it'll be worth moving the stuff, probably easier to just liquidate in Jita and buy stuff directly in 1DQ1A.

E: also the link shared below is useful, and join Little_bees in-game channel for newbie questions, bunch of people on there happy to help you out.

lovely tuna snatch fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 12, 2018

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

What the poo poo, apparently I'm the most active player in GoonWaffe (Rainek Gaterau)?
https://zkillboard.com/corporation/667531913/top/

How is that possible, I see GEWNS as quite high on the monthly paplinks statistics posts?

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Vicar posted:

to break up the communism chat: Burn Jita 6 is happening this weekend :rms:

It's not this weekend tho.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

I used a VPN on the train on Monday to log in to the game when commuting.

quote:

You have been banned permanently by GM Arkarian. The reason specified was: Account Security Compromised

I'm now on my fourth day of waiting for a reply from their customer support team. I feel like someone is playing a practical joke on me.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh for gently caress sake, I just went 16 jumps to some hellhole lowsec station to unwrap some asset safety wrap. The amazing prize awaiting me at the end of my journey? A single unit of trit. :suicide:

There's no way to peek inside the wrap remotely, right?

Search tab in the assets window.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Would it be treason to ask if I should switch from GoonWaffe to another corp inside the alliance? I've been playing for about 9 months now and the only benefit of being in a corp with no kind of activity whatsoever is the double SRP, which I don't care about at this point. If it's not treason to switch, which corp would you recommend?

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Don't more active corps run their on fleets? That's one of the reasons I want to switch.

I'm in welp squad and incursions, can't fly caps yet and don't care about bombers or cloaky camping.

So my main goal with the switch would be to have more availability of fleets, as I have a newborn at home and can't sit behind the computer waiting for fleets for hours.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Well, put in the app for KF, thanks for the feedback.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Rutibex posted:

For Goonwaffe, not the entire alliance. I know you guys have even more mandatory participation for non-waffe members.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm pretty sure GoonWaffe doesn't have PAP requirements. You're just a lazy freeloader who can't even be bothered to log into the comms channels.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

You don't even need a WH now with the new needlejack filaments and a bit of luck.

I've started to roam solo frigs and that filament puts me in FRT or TEST space like 80% of the time.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Comstar posted:

I went on 2 ops, first time in half a decade. Also, I'm half blind. Yay.

First one we saw no one, did nothing but fly around.

Second one were trying to help some bombers shoot a station, who got dropped on, I think? We showed up, lost a ship to the station. I was asked to drop some defensive bubbles 30km from the fleet, which I did. The Pandemic Horde fleet that outnumbered us 3-1 showed up 100km away. The last time I was in fleets I was in the fleet boosting Claymore...so I called for reps?

That is NOT the right thing to do with a Sabre. Whelp 1 Sabre.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003963/202009131400/ and 35 other ships.

I got home in a newbie ship and the fleet was refitting to go do something else. Lesson learnt- when flying a Sabre, just warp out unless the FC asks you to jump on the grenade. Also, don't close Directabot because you can't get reimbursement without the ping. Some hero got it for me.

From a bit back but you can get the fleet pings also from adashboard.info. Or just ask from someone in fleet.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Today was my first actual tidi fight. Managed to drop a bomb on the KS three times, shot the two first in the wrong direction though. Overall not too bad, if this were over a weekend I'd stick out to the end. Hope you manage to down it.

By the way, this thing won't generate a killmail?

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Now I'm imagining a system where you don't have to destroy them, just impart enough momentum to knock it out of orbit of the star, or even better, cancel out its orbital momentum and let the star kill it for you.

Keepstar bumping.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Snail Information posted:

So the little chart that atrum posts is misleading, since it doesn't show the true SNOO numbers?

Yeah but SNOO money comes from their corp funds. We are suckling on the alliance teet directly. Only thing that makes me mad about this is that I found out you can get poo poo stack for solo roaming only a few weeks ago.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Why are some of those eagles unfitted.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/87916433/

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

We should implement some new doctrine now, DSTs with cargo full of warp disruptors and just vomit them all over their staging systems.

I mean, it would be legitimate usage, there is no other way to prevent our annihilation by the snake men otherwise.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Also I hosed up big time last week by not knowing the wartime market rules and made Atrum mad. :(

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Sickening posted:

You do understand that this makes you a complete piece of poo poo right?

Yeah I realize that, thus also owning up to it publicly - it wasn't malice, just sheer stupidity of not knowing the rules.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Today was my first truly successful solo pvp roam!

Found a blockade runner on a station to bump, never bumped someone before:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034133/

Followed by a dude coming to defend (he interjected in the bumping - I forgot to check loot from them rush):
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034095/

And finally just some dude who I was certain was going to kill me (5% structure left or so):
https://zkillboard.com/kill/88034249/

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

300 paps seems pretty low TBH if you play this game seriously. Even I, the goonfucker out of stupidity and not malice, have 51 over last 60 days.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

I like that the attacker, who needs a plan to progress, is asking the defender for a strategy.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Don't think KFU is allowed to shoot goons which makes this thing kinda moronic.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Warmachine posted:

I cannot emphasize enough that the thing they're mad about is veldspar.

Veldspar.

I don't disagree, whining about people taking "your ore", especially in high-sec is absolutely moronic.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Jazzzzz posted:

one of these things is not like the others

I made the mistake of going on one of his fleets today as there was nothing else to do.

Of course what immediately followed was some rant about the "loving goons" whose gate camp bubbles messed our plan up, followed by some dude getting kicked from the fleet for talking back.

I don't get how some FCs are super chill and then there's this dude. And I don't even need to write out who it is because that's how badly it stands out.

lovely tuna snatch fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 8, 2020

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Severing posted:

Hmm you do when he's shadow FCing some other poor FCs fleet that it was pinged under.

You'll be doing whatever and the manchild will pipe up and your heart sinks realizing what you just got yourself into. And then the abuse starts when one dude wasn't aligned properly or missed a tackle or whatever.

Also bitching and whining like that doesn't make anything better, that's leadership 101. Can't imagine what that dude is like at work - either the same (poor co-workers) or so suppressed that the internet spaceship simulator is his vent (sad, but also funny).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

The Hambulance posted:

Again I have to ask: What game are these guys playing?

Has the enemy done anything in the last month? I see one system in Delve has flipped to XIX. Are they our allies?

They have taken Delve. Because see, ihub ownership doesn't matter in Esoteria, where TEST has already lost 8 systems, but it sure counts in Delve.

https://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Esoteria#ihub
https://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Delve#ihub