Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Throc Mortin posted:

What a time to be alive. ETA for $100 system-wide decloaker?

$200 for an invulnerability module for highsec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

4th Horseman posted:

everytime someone in the imperium does something the chicken littles cry about the end of the game goddamn

I took a gander at the 4chan thread and it went from "HK won't be evicted" to "If you evict us, worse landlord tyrants will replace us without us to keep them in check!" in the space of 24 hours.

Death to the space rentier class that won't even put up a fight for the rent it squeezes tithes it demands from its serfs.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 11, 2018

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Laughing at the premise or Querns' ignorance regarding such an action? If it's the former can you explain why its so hilarious? Surely EVE has enough autists to seed a major WH system with poo poo for a year?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The thing to understand here is that CCP is sensitive to ISK faucets, not income. They murdered naga multibox ratting deader than disco because it was severely increasing the ISK faucet in the game, since it was so much more efficient than the established krab meta. Granted, it doesn't sound like a big deal if you compare it to what a hel makes today, but at the time it was a stark difference.

This is why you'll probably never see a substantial nerf to things like pirate L4 anomic mission blitzing, either -- it's ludicrous income, especially with those event boosters that let you chain decline missions basically as much as you want, but it's not a ludicrous ISK faucet. LP requires more ISK to sink than the mission pays out, and the actual profit a mission runner obtains is sourced from other players when he sells his 497 Gila BPCs in Jita a day or whatever. As long as the server isn't magicking the ISK into existence, CCP won't care that a dedicated mission runner is making $TEXAS.

I wouldn't hold your breath on CCP rolling back the anom respawn changes in any particular way, either. That's one of the rare changes that effectively harms the high end more than the low end. It's not like the NSA change or the PANIC change.

CCP have literally nerfed every ratting ship/fit I've fully trained into ~2 weeks after completing training. I gave up on FOTM/:effort: years ago. When can I invest Goon Bonds (G00NB00B13Z, real GILT isins literally look like this) and pay 20 bn/yr for a no -effort coupon 1bn/month to fuel my cheap SIG lifestyle?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Please regale me with the story of nolak's fall from grace, the man who got pings every time "loan" was mentioned in jabber.

I know it's nolak, it has to be, loving lmao.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I've never been vacationed since I joined in 2011, but I loving hate playing EVE on the regular with every fiber of my being, ever since I got a real long-term job. gently caress having two jobs. What is the modern process to being vacationed now? Will I get a notification? Whose dick do I have to suck to get back in (Scooter McCabe's is too obvious)? Since mine was a really slow burnout, am I just better off taking a clean break from EVE for 6+ months before attempting to return?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

dragonshardz posted:

You probably got purged already unless you've been logging into jabber/mumble regularly. Follow the normal retvet process if/when you come back.

Yeah I've been logging into jabber at least once a week, or fortnight at worst for my eve career to keep up with PL's demise (I bully any PL members in mordhau now). I literally don't know what the retvet process is.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Rutibex posted:

It is going to make ratting with anything less than three accounts very dangerous.

Be a man and ghost ride your super. People will probably still do this. All this just screams, "gently caress off to w-space or the deepest crevices of null, if you don't want to be dropped on while ratting. W-space please, Hilmar wants more targets." To me at least. Just do everything possible to scatter null ratters to the four winds. Why not give marauders the cyno so you have a tanky option? Why not limit cyno broadcast range to ship size/class? So many other things they could have done, instead of buff the hunter/bomber meta even more.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

After spells in SV after EG died, I'm more active in this war than I have been in years. I pop in for 2h or so and try to fend off entosis hackers in my Stabber solo. It'll reliably kill most hulls destroyer and below provided they don't get under your guns, and I've killed a Hecate even after it got under my guns thanks to drones and rapid lights. You get a 50m isk bounty for killing a hacker (the cost of the stabber) and if you're in waffe, the 2x reimbursement plus insurance covers the cost of the stabber anyway. I'm having fun roaming, dodging gangs, getting baited and losing my ship.

Brave however have resorted to more small gangs as of late than solo hackers. Can't do much about those in my Stabber.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I guess my run of making 10-13m per shitstack Stabber loss is over, lol. loving Ministry of Goonsterity! :argh:

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

My guess this was the coalition's last available keep to drop, or TEST's only available keep. :lol: So all stops were pulled. Legit no way we will be allowed to do the same.

orange juche posted:

Apparently TAPI asked the devs directly if they could deploy bubbles in support of their fight on the keep, and got the ok.

They probably asked a GM a super wishy-washy question and got approval on that. CCP aren't gonna say yes to "Can we can lag the grid to death for attackers?" lol who the gently caress am I kidding.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 18, 2020

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

The most glaring thing about that wall of shite is that there isn't a single word of praise for his allies who have carried him to this point. Also a strange hard-on for Elo for some reason?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Warmachine posted:

What in the honest gently caress are these guys on?

your-brain-on-reddit-upvotes.jpg

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Sounds like a excuse to go on safari vs your own renters. "Oh the multiplier's low? Form up a kitchen sink vs our super fleet. No bubbles or the rent goes up."

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

He would have lost that 1trn or whatever it was FCing next week anyway so what's the issue? :confused:

Man needs to take a break from EVE, every mention of him on comms talks about how burnt out or loving angry he is.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

All this FC talk reminds me of the SV fleets where suas, piss drunk, would scream at me for looting off the gate in a frigate. I was a shameless looter back then, to be fair. I've a much lower tolerance for spergy FCs now that I'm older.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Jazzzzz posted:

meanwhile cauldronb0rn was talking about plexing a couple of his accounts throughlooting at karmafleet gatecamps on one of his fleets last week. it's a new world out there kiddos

Man how the gently caress do I get on on this poo poo (in goons, I know the easiest way is to camps goons themselves :v:)? Doing a Lee Chanka and making 30-50bn/month from gatecamping idiots is the dream for me. Most times I join we're driven off soon after.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

LegionAreI posted:

Haven't disbanded the alliance yet, you're not quite there!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Poopsocks, ISK, Swords and Sorcery > 2L Bottle EVE 2020: GSF disbands at midnight

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

This is not something to loving admit to, you loving yellow tory PASSPI shitehawk

Give it up, his half a dozen shitposts into a UK CSPAM thread is to throw your half-cut UKMTer rear end off, then feign horror at being called a Tory. I'm almost impressed at the level of dedication required to troll every poster in this thread.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

What in the world?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i have currently successfully jammed over 1500 titans since the fight began across just my alts, i have a couple other guys with me too :)

No loving way, if that's the case CCP are removing ECM bursts before February lmao.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Super.Jesus posted:

When Vily mentionned TEST doing war bonds to reimburse the titans my brain broke.

99% a ploy to cut and run with the isk imo. Why the hell would you trust a guy who loots in his during in the middle of some of the biggest fights the game has seen?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Am I better off armor or hull tanking in a solo BS if they're gonna be roughly equivalent ehp? Got a nice hull from a newbie for Secret Sanata, so I want to deal death to my enemies 2-3j out of 1DQ1 and die gloriously.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

Atrum, what's the reasoning for no Vaga poo poo stack? You make me sad. It's real good for ~wulfpack~ stuff defending ihubs.

The Minister of Goonsterity doesn't want you to have fun. :v: Real talk, it's terrible and and dual 180 + rlml Stabber is better in every way bar EHP. You're paying 8-10x the isk for a so-so EHP buff, on a ship you should be flying like it's made from paper anyway. Plus the Stabber looks so much more engageable; I love scaring the poo poo out of frigs, destroyers, Cynabals and Vagabonds who think I'm an easy kill. But that's all I can kill really.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

rocketrobot posted:

Would you mind sharing your fit? I used to love flying stabbers. The flyswatter fit was a lot of fun, too.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89834973/

You've ~520 DPS heated on this big frigate with great application. Fight frigs and destroyers via kiting, you really can't kill anything bigger outside a cocky Cynabal/Vagabond pilot. If you're scrambled you're dead, but you will obliterate almost any small hull if it's on its own. Ammo selection is key and combined with heat might get you out of some hairier matchups like a Hecate point blank. Killed two Sabres handy as they had barrage vs my fusion once.

A similarly fit Cynabal would have 10k more EHP, 80 more DPS (heated) with worse application, be 100m/s faster, but have way more utility in the form of an added neut + web and extra flight of drones. Costs a good bit more though and I'm cheap as hell. A similarly fit Vagabond (not that you'd fit it that way) has 100 more DPS and isn't even 100m/s faster with T2 poly rigs. You get ~12k more EHP than the Stabber.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 11, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Private producers: *through sobs* you can't just say certain hulls are nationalised.... Please....
Finance team: *points at Cerb flying past* nationalised

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

Suitcase carriers are real and good and my friend and I miss my nidhoggur that I sold up in saranen so that I wouldn't have to jump it south :(

Kinda wanna buy a new one given that my Nag doesn't get to see any action and I've never used a carrier in anger

I have an Archon that's still languishing in FDZ after a SV deployment. Given the last capital took two days to jump down from there, I might just sell it to Zungen or whoever needs it. First time I used a combat carrier was in M2, and after watching my fighters be completely unresponsive for 90 mins I logged off and went to bed as it was very late. I suppose in the camp fleets they're much more fun to use.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The problem is that Delve is going to be poor for "small gang" stuff because the enemy's entire war plan calls for n+1; they will ALWAYS want to outnumber you, overwhelmingly. loving around is a great way to make them freak out and drop poo poo on you, but for getting ~good fights~ you'll really need to at least get out to Querious and Period Basis, if not cross the great void into the central south and go to Catch or Immensea.

Some of the frigate fits with all the new trig goo and whatnot are evidently loving hilarious, but yeah, Delve is probably a poor place for it right now. You deffo want to hit up Delta and the other folks doing stuff in the bads' backyards.

Of course there's the risk of PAPI batphoning, but I actually think Delve is amazing for small gang as there are bads literally everywhere running around in a solo Hecate or in a small gang of two to five. There's a camp in 3-D in euro prime you can attempt to bait. BOPE and other groups are also pushing hard on ihubs in frig/cruiser gangs of 10-20 in euro prime time. A half decent shield cruiser comp might drive them off or at least have a fun fight, but nobody really wants to form a non-doctrine fleet that doesn't get pinged out.

I think it's just that the corp culture of waffe is quite different to smaller corps and it's a little harder to grab together a few like-minded guys to roam on an ad hoc basis, no pings required. There's a polish corp in GSF that's doing great work in and around YQX with only 5-12 people. I believe Garnoo has over 130 killmarks on his Hecate, more than most supers. I've lost count of the times I died soloing in my Stabber where even one frig ally would have sealed the win. Maybe I can't rustle up a gang because I just don't have any friends... :negative:

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 14, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

I shamelessly loot/salvage the field in 1dq1 after a fight and sell on the market for a decent discount. I don't have a noctis for it (yet), but a salvaging Thrasher can just click 'loot all' on the wealth of corm wrecks Horde feeds us. Bottom feeding is fine for me as I sub my accounts and I don't fly pimped out ships, but I do it so much that people get mad enough they're willing to pop wrecks with T2 entosis in them out of spite.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 15, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

-A quick thought exercise I posted to jabber but got no traction:
-You can make one change to a ship's attributes. Increasing/decreasing cpu or pg, adding/removing a low, mid or high slot, changing one stat in shield, armor, cap, base speed, agility, etc. Changing one role bonus (to something reasonable). Which change on which hull impacts EVE the most? Can one change save EVE?

I personally vote for the Stabber getting an extra mid slot, but that's clearly bias on my part. I swear I am not CCP Rise who will do the opposite of what Goons say.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 16, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Dik Hz posted:

All ships get drone bandwidth of 0. There, just reduced lag by 90%.

NGL, I legit didn't anticipate this.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

My day today, involves Stabber losses. Solo PVP is painful.

-Tried to duel a Vedmak in a Stabber. Went as expected as I know poo poo about their tracking capabilities, engagement ranges, etc.
-Lose a Typhoon 5 mins later to the same guy's gang who came in from a WH. In transit I knew this was gonna happen but fuckit, insurance on a Secret Santa ship. Welp.
-Stabber dead to three destroyers on a gate. If I was quicker on the ball I might have killed one or two, so what. 3m isk cost after SRP + insurance.
-loving extravagance on my part, plus the pod. Filamenting in with trig fleets is a nice concept but we had too few people to be honest. We held well for a bit with only two dreks. Maybe 2-4 more Drekavacs would have won that fight. Almost caught a Hel earlier on but what could we have done with 3 dps ships. The funniest part about this fleet was filamenting into Insmother three times in a row.
-We formed stabbers later with a small gang. Went the long way round T5ZI through E3, NC. locals ragepinged for a small fleet of 4 Stabbers, 3 destroyers, plus a Scythe... We were camped into an astra for a bit until we decided to flee and then engaged in PR- with what we had left, with the help of one completely unhinged but incredible Initiative Associates pilot (his kb is crazy). Holy poo poo. Turns out the IA pilot manged to solo a vedmak with his one Stabber a while back, but with a different fit.
-Finally, we kited 4 stabbers + a scythe against the T5ZI gatecrash of 30 frigs+cruisers and got wrecked, but came out roughly even in the isk war. Could've done better by all accounts but it's a learning exercise tbh.Was a fun day.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 17, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Wait you were doing smallgang shootmans with mister vee??

That sounds insanely fun

I'm in EG, so yes, it is fun!

I almost forgot the bombing of a Sin Vee caught probing in 8WA. If he didn't bridge we would've wiped a bomber fleet. I forgot about bomber mechanics, misaligned and my bomb missed, but got a point just in time to get on the Sin km. Good kill that evened out my losses for the day.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 17, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Raged posted:

I'm kind of over trying to make isk in this game.

If you have a few friends and are willing to split the loot, a hyper efficient camp in a popular pipe might actually make you decent isk. Throw the loot in a pos, friendly astra, or even in a secure container in a deep safe and get it out with a blockade runner. Lee Chanka's at it again, killing goons in 3-D now that the Jump Gate network is down. He must have gotten himself a super's worth of loot the last time he camped near goons. In fact the problem with this isk-making method is that it'll only work on goons long term as we never really bother with cloaky camps on that scale. Everyone else big enough to give you consistent kills and thus loot will try and shut you down after a certain amount of dead ships.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Hexel posted:

isktars in deklein was the golden age of eve pve :colbert:

Think it was the active ratting Talos, personally. What was it, 70-90m/hr? Legit insane isk/hr for a battlecruiser hull. Of course it was nerfed like two weeks after I completed the skill train for it. :negative: And so I trained into a carrier because home defense was so easy back then. Nerfed again a month after I got in into a carrier. :negative: I think that's when I kinda gave up on ratting unless it was in an afk myrm. I've been subbing and plexin' ever since I got a steady job. €100 every 4-6 months suits my playstyle. I'll never get into a super/titan but they're too stressful anyway.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 25, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Baculus posted:

IF you want to make good money with limited time engagement and under the constraints of a risk/reward hierarchy which is more easily understood than wormhole ratting and requires substantially less investment....

... some devilishly handsome goon with loving boatloads of ISK made an astonishingly good post about how to do it in the abyss, for anyone from the poorest new bee to the oldest bitter vet

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/top...mega-with-fits/

so far, in my experience, the best risk vs reward is still the exotic gila (although holy poo poo actually the vagabong is cool and good) - you basically cannot be killed if you follow the guide. lower tiers are totally workable and we have some good fits and recommendations for people with much lower skills. ive got a week worth of updates to do to it, including the loot tables, but its good stuff.

also this is definitely the gooniest guide (read: I tried to make it fun to actually read) to getting where you want to be if you're hurting for cash - turns out the EVE pve community are really lovely writers who only ever half explain things.

if you're starting out and you're apprehensive about anything don't be afraid to :justpost:. if you need a little help starting out or a sweet deal on a faction hull or something ask around, or PM me. i'd be extremely happy to arrange to get you into a hull on the cheap if you're willing to sell me the BPCs you get in the abyss. i will also buy your red/white loot for fair prices - sometimes the buy orders on 1dq are good and sometimes they're 40% Jita because people are lovely assholes.

i love triangle ships and any BPCs you sell to me will be made for use by the alliance, as well as DELTA SQAD and also inferior squad theta.

My main issue is that where in Delve would it be safe to run these things? I legit have only one character, my main, who would be able to run these, and I want him in Delve at all times. Is the M2- keep grid the safest place? Guess not lol Just pick a dead-end like Y-O or 7UTB? Ok, I need to be scanned down, which helps. Are there any places in Delve with deep safes?

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 25, 2021

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Sadly this guy died on the way to the space hospital
https://zkillboard.com/kill/90523977/

At least he can get SRP, unlike some TEST titan pilots.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

MrTargetPractice posted:

It's wild that some people act like hating goons is their full time job. The only reason Eve is fun for me is being able yo chill with laid back people and shootmans. Not only does every other alliance not seem to be able to do that large scale but it also seems like they don't understand that is a large part of our line member's motivation. You don't need sov to do that.

The Great War was before my time, but I'd love to know what the gently caress y'all old timers did to the galaxy that loads of people just see red when goons enter the chat. I see some hostiles (NC. in particular) go on unhinged allcaps rants during big fights. Even the smaller alliances and pubbies would be content with the server turning into Serenity and becoming panfam's serfs for the rest of EVE's lifetime, they hate goons that much. It's incredible to see.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Stabbers are so fun when they're in a group of 15-20+, EG fleets are a blast with them. Fast & agile as gently caress, 480 dps cold on paper, w/550 dps heated and good application to boot. There have been times where our fleet warped/jumped into traps and got out with little to no losses we're so quick. Our kills are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but it's near impossible for our enemies to win their beloved isk war because the ships are so cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Zaradis posted:

Have you heard of Delta’s thrasher fleet?

I like running down small TEST caracal gangs led by their D-tier FCs. Loads of people are caught off by the DPS massed Stabbers can do. Even solo Stabbers. So many Sabres and Hecates think they can take you solo.

e; Why are the rats on every loving gate in numbers now?

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 9, 2021