Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

RIP there being a less terrible goon guild specific thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Suxpool posted:

people keep saying panfam is just here for the goodfights but i'm pretty sure hedliner is just as committed to glassing delve as vily is.
I thought the thing people keep saying is that Panfam is just waiting for TEST's super fleet to be exposed to stab them in the back?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Well that cuts my desire to log in to.25%.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

mehall posted:

Re: goon srp, that was discussed in this thread already so I'll say it - the alliance pays 100% ish (we have fixed values per hull which are recalculated monthly to add up to about full cost Inc fitting when you include platinum insurance)
What changed was actual goons, those in goonswarm federation itself get a bonus 25% payout, which used to be 100%, which lets be real is crazy when we're welping a quarter of a trill in feroxes to stop a keep anchoring.
And has also been discussed 100% + 25% still often in practice is a loss no matter if you are buying off alliance contract or multibuy, so reshipping over and over into ships you know you are sending to Valhalla on a keepstar can drain your wallet if you aren't gently caress off space rich.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Why would we move out of Delve after the war is over? We'll still be living in Delve.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

You don't have to click a link anymore, but you have to be in fleet when the FC pushes a button.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

fart

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

OMFG FURRY posted:

holy poo poo just join no chatter. i think the only fleets i stay in comms are bomber fleets and those are always chill, but being in a fleet of more than 20 is when convos can get insufferable, regardless of the content.

I haven't logged in to either Eve in a while but I gotta say I'm more on the side of "any fleet with with more than 20 people will be insufferable" than "you just want to play the victim, where is your evidence, there isn't any" because yeah to really document all the poo poo would take away too much time from actually flying a ship.

But since everyone is saying name names, I'll name John Hartley as someone I've heard call people retarded and cocksuckers.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 27, 2020

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Malefitz posted:

"cis" (honest question: is this a dogwhistle too?)
Honest answer: I'm not sure else how to read you putting cis in quotes other than as a tacit disapproval of the terminology which is designed to make cis and trans people descriptively distinct without reifying an unspoken assumption that cis is "normal"

I also don't get people not getting that the attack helicopter thing was transphobic. What other group would you expect to be the butt of the joke of "I identify as an attack helicopter, ha ha, look how ridiculous I am identifying as this thing I'm obviously not actually"

Like I guess you could say furries/otherkin or some period tumblr weirdness, but those communities also aped the "identify as" language from the trans community.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Malefitz posted:

After google translating some of these words I think you want to tell me that cis is in fact the correct terminology but putting it in quotes indicates I'm disapproving of it?
If this is the case rest assured the only reason for me to put cis in quotes was because it was the first time for me to ever use this word and I'm quite sure I have seen it being used by others in an ironic way on lovely websites like reddit.
So I wasn't really sure if it was accepted as the correct terminology by the community or if it was more used by people who want to spitefully point out that they are, as you put it, "normal".

If I didn't catch your meaning correctly: sorry you gotta put me on Simple English.

Nah, you got it, and I get where you were coming from. Part of the thing about dogwhistles is the built in deniability, yeah? So still just to give you the honest answer to your honest question, that's something that could read as a dogwhistle for the reasons I gave. Cis is accepted as correct terminology, and a lot of spiteful people hate it as you've seen, and basically they are the sort who will always put it in quotes. So I'm not insisting you meant it in a lovely way, just giving you my read since you asked.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

wow maybe actually name drop these individuals instead of saying this for the 20th time
Lquid and Anna niedostepny

Lquid whose goonfleet.com profile pic is sex pest Louis CK holding a sign that says JEWS, oh and his posts are marked as Director posts, wonder why?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Do not post in this thread again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

As someone who hasn't been paying attention, what happened with TTT?