Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I motion that minitru doesn't get an OP shoutout until they make banner ads that don't include variations on the word "human being", thanks and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

eonwe posted:

give me a titan

:eonwe:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

it's a thinly veiled recruitment scamming j4g post

though when confronted with cheesecloth most goons think about the cheese instead of what's under it

honk

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

so what's the story on isbad pulling out of pandemic legion anyways

:allears:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CainFortea posted:

When they eventually start ~wulfpax~ it won't be quite so ironic since now AFs are actually good.

wait gently caress when did this happen

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

lovely tuna snatch posted:

One week into GoonWaffe (and EVE itself) and I still haven't got the slightest clue what is going on.

Positive: I've participated in 4 fleets.
Negative: 99% of time has gone to figuring out where the gently caress everyone warped to.

Positive: Properly doing skill training according to the wiki page.
Negative: Can only pilot a lovely Atron, even mining doesn't look feasible currently in nullsec (NPC-s kill me).

Positive: Every exchange I've had with people from GoonWaffe has been nothing but positive.
Negative: nothing.

Positive: Managed to scavenge some PVP wrecks for about 2M ISK of loot.
Negative: Flew to nullsec with 10M, down to 5M in ISK now.

Positive: Almost read through all the basic articles on the Wiki.
Negative: That appears to account for approximately 0.05% of the Wiki content. Still no clue what most of the words and abbreviations on GoonWaffe forums stand for. Should I submit my Atron losses through Affordable care? What the gently caress is an ESI/CREST link? How come everyone manages to align to locations in a second and I need to navigate 30 seconds to find the right spot in place?

Looks fun, guess this is the best time (so many skills to still train) to continue figuring poo poo out, before I am able to fly (and get destroyed) in higher value ships.

please make sure you ask lots of questions in every fleet you go on because one of the few things that warms a bittervet's cold heart is helping a newbee

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

The Claptain posted:

Be sure to :justpost: in goonwaffe forum because we still only have one page of threads.

wow what the gently caress

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

y'all motherfuckers need some plusrep circlejerks

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

on a forum that regularly randomizes rep to a value between 1,000 and -50,000

the plusrep isn't the point

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

TheQuietWilds posted:

It’s the circlejerk

ur rite

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

and for the love of posting

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:justpost:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

El Marrow posted:

That may be, but they have over a decade of experience maintaining it, which is every bit as valuable to a software team.

Python is simply the scripting language they use for certain aspects of their networked systems and internal tooling. It's anything but dead and obsolete. It's one of the most in-demand programming languages on the planet. They use it for their API layer, while C++ drives the client as well as the primary game engine code on the server side, which is blazingly fast.

Hey may be talking about stackless python specifically, upon whose adoption I can't comment, but whose wiki article shows Eve and some mail client as their 'notable adopters' so

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

its too small for that

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I knew it was fake when it said that Sothrasil was sky marshal.

Knew it, but still knew it would worm its way into my nightmares

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I'm trying to imagine it now. Seboed cap fleets camping the gates into Delve! Special black ops battleship fleets camping jump bridges in Providence! Bombers! Bombers everywhere! :black101:

what's the supercap version of diverting your hellcamp fleet to go chase something strategically irrelevant and having the entire enemy supercap fleet escape because of it, extending the war by N months?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

those drat delve residents :bahgawd:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

voodoospork posted:

If being active to get in is against the rules, I'm probably already hosed anyway because I've never been a really active poster. I don't see the point in pretending anyone is an idiot. If we could go out by our pirate lonesome and be successful, I would not be looking to gang up. I'm willing to be more active so as not to be the only chumps not ganging up. I feel like a goon because I have benefited time and again from goon knowledge. That's all I'm trying to do now. If that's in the form of information in the thread that I can use to do better in a video game, great. If it means I get to join in on antics that live in PVP infamy, that would be pretty stellar too.

I'll just apply to Goonwaffe and hope for the best.

Kim is a dumb bitter ex, don't listen to him.

The posting requirement is mostly just a "can we confirm from your post history (not in the eve thread) that you will be a culture fit." If not, shotgun posting to up your post count won't help. Apply to waffe, and if you get rejected, apply to Karmafleet (which is part of the same org, just has lower entry requirements). That way you'll still be under the same umbrella and don't have to go fart around by yourself or with some terrible pubbie corp.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

yogizh posted:

Why do people recommend joining Karmafleet ITT ? Just join the superposting behemoth which is Goonwaffe.

It's usually recommended when people start talking about posting requirements, implying they do not fulfill them and probably wouldn't get into 'waffe.

working mom posted:

Karma fleet
Not terrible pubbie corp

Pick one

I didn't say Karmafleet wasn't terrible, I said if you join them you won't have to fart around with a terrible pubbie corp. Joining karmafleet means you can fart around with better, less pubbie corps. You're just not in them :sun:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

froody guy posted:

Didn't mean to repeat or quote myself but I can't find the "Post here every day Greyscale must eat a dick" thread on goonfleet

it should be in capswarm, if it's the same thread I'm thinking about

(I'm the OP :sun: )

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ZekeNY posted:

It is. And still going strong after nearly four years.

dope

sorry for leaking capswarm opsec please don't blacklist me

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CainFortea posted:

If mandozer can get back in 5 times Kimsemus probably could. But he'd have to actually admit to being wrong and learn from his past which will never happen, especially with this game dead in one year.

mandozer had the added benefit of direkkktorate friends, which I'm p sure Kim does not

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I've admitted I was wrong, and I do now. I definitely made mistakes and wasn't immersed enough in the culture to do well in ArcheAge. Most people I've made amends with, and I was able to apologize to and play with deadtear in Life is Feudal. Actually came to respect him tremendously.

So yeah, I am sorry for how I handled things. Now I wish I could put it in the past and play EVE with other goons, since I've finally left ncdot behind. I can't be much more forthright than that. I want to just munch rocks and crunch hulls and take out fleets with goons.

you and angelique should hang out

maybe make an applicants/supplicants post to really let us know how humbled you are

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Hexel posted:

If at any given moment, N3 ping for all hands on dick supercarriers and capital ships, they will get more individual people in fleet than your entire coalition can combined on its very best day.

This isn't conjecture, this is something that has been proven again and again because your leaders like to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the game itself in favor of posting and posturing and writing tl;dr CEO updates about garbage that will never see the light of day (and if it does, the only place it will be is on the killboard of my alliance) instead of realizing that every capital and supercapital pilot with a pulse and a will to use their dread/super/titan/slowcat is gravitating towards one side because hey, guess what, that side actually DOES use their big toys on the regular and when push comes to shove as evidenced by the fight in DY- your alliance is literally impotent.

If a super 'fight' actually happens, it isn't going to be an actual fight, it is going to be a CFC gangrape hosted by Manny, Grath and Vince and you'll have no one to blame but your own leaders and FCs for being yes men faggots instead of growing a pair of balls and equipping some initiative.

aw yeah inject that poo poo into my veins

what was that dude's name again? W-something

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

All rutibex needs to do is post with an anime signature in this thread to finally confirm that he is a Garr Khan (did nothing wrong) parachute

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

it's not elite, it's being [...] toxic/dead

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Props to whoever made the "mittens banned" ads because goddamn if there aren't names in here I haven't seen in five years

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Pomp posted:

Do not give Brad Wardell, who is using lawyers to bully the original SC creators into submission, who defends doxxing, who harasses women, your money

Alternatively, accept that there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and play the fun game

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Pomp posted:

You can care about multiple things my dude

You can also buy a thing while condemning the creator.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Addamere posted:

In fact, unless one is a naked hermit who lives alone in the wilderness (in which case how the gently caress are you posting) you have to buy things from terrible people

ur rite

basically, this argument boils down to:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

uwaeve posted:

Hello space friends I miss homeland defense jabber and the forums. Not enough to start playing again, but close. I occasionally check out the influence map to see if we've retaken Deklein but no luck so far. Keep up the good fight, I have never not believed (and will never not believe) in you.

hi rhombutts

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

well good news, we live in delve and all your poo poo in deklein is being delivered to lowsec on your behalf because of the new asset safety

one of us one of us

it honestly would have been funny if GotG tore down all their faction forts except VFK/YA0/JU-, just as a parting spite-shot

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

uwaeve posted:

What happened to TopGoon?

Sothrasil happened to TopGoon. It wasn't pretty. (It actually wasn't much of anything, he said "I HAVE A NEW DIRECTION FOR THIS SQUAD", booted the old S-Ls, and then promptly hosed back off to mainfleet. I think some stuff happened after that but I'd unsubbed since then)

most of the goodposters are also long gone, at least last I checked. HDef is a pale shadow of its former self

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Pretty much this. It was a bit more dragged out than that but the short version is that the people who were active and making stuff happen got sick of the lowest-common-denominator direction of things. Basically "Newbie Friendly" and "Idiot Friendly" got conflated and the "chill out low effort kill some guys" squad became the "drooling idiots crowing about pod killmails and getting fleetmates killed" squad. The people who had been making things happen went off to Reavers or Blackops.

Wait did that happen again?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

search my post history friendo :toot:

that one wasn't quite embarrassing enough

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I would love for my fighters to be piloted by real people doing a dog fighting game :v:

I promise you actually would not

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dalael posted:

I don't gently caress around with -0.1isk. For every 0.1 isk they drop, I drop by thousands. I'll force you to buy me out you fucker, and when you do, i'm going to add the very same amount you just bought the first minute I log in.

*edit: You fucker does not refer to Rutibex or anyone specific. Just the assholes who drop price by 0.1isk every few minutes

pro tip: this has minimal effect and is not owning anyone besides you

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

sometimes, sometimes they gently caress off quietly but I feel like he's gonna flame out like despera or the other 2 pl dudes who had d names

yeah judging by the volume of posting I'm 100% going with flameout

hey new guy what do you think about cloaky camping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

And because you're trying to do something on a completely different scale than most MMOs I don't know that there's anything off-the-shelf you can get as an engine to modify, rather than code an engine from scratch. It's not really a matter of tweaking. It's basically coding Eve 2.0 from scratch.

I mean, there's precedent - they ported the game from C++ to Python. My guess is that the actual good developers all got scooped up by companies that a) actually pay and b) aren't based on fartwater island, and the remainder are just sorta piling python scripts on top of a black box of server code that everyone is too scared to poke at the internals of.