Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I don't want to give them a click because I'm petty and spiteful. What was the article title?

"Remove Jump Freighters, Introduce Force Freighters"

No, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

R-Type posted:

There should be a game mechanism whereas you create accept a shitass contract like that you get IRL doxxed then all your ISK gets donated to South Africa

FTFY

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

gigx got banned again :laffo:

I guess his wife's going to have to FC again

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Crazycryodude posted:

Tbh I'd much prefer EVE getting bought out by North Korea, the only real change would be you'd have to keep a portrait of Kim Il-Sung in your cockpit at all times

Those guys who had a DPRK schtick for their capital building corp from a couple of years ago would have been right at home

e: This sort of thing:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

EightBit posted:

I haven't played in years, does Gallente stuff still suck?

Not particularly more than other stuff.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

ChickenWing posted:

it should be in capswarm, if it's the same thread I'm thinking about

(I'm the OP :sun: )

It is. And still going strong after nearly four years.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Hexel posted:

If at any given moment, N3 ping for all hands on dick supercarriers and capital ships, they will get more individual people in fleet than your entire coalition can combined on its very best day.

This isn't conjecture, this is something that has been proven again and again because your leaders like to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the game itself in favor of posting and posturing and writing tl;dr CEO updates about garbage that will never see the light of day (and if it does, the only place it will be is on the killboard of my alliance) instead of realizing that every capital and supercapital pilot with a pulse and a will to use their dread/super/titan/slowcat is gravitating towards one side because hey, guess what, that side actually DOES use their big toys on the regular and when push comes to shove as evidenced by the fight in DY- your alliance is literally impotent.

If a super 'fight' actually happens, it isn't going to be an actual fight, it is going to be a CFC gangrape hosted by Manny, Grath and Vince and you'll have no one to blame but your own leaders and FCs for being yes men faggots instead of growing a pair of balls and equipping some initiative.

:allears:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i asked about doing some of the IT poo poo and got ignored, and i don't think you can just join GSOL so v0v

The OP describes GSOL as “Truckers and construction workers in space,” which sort of suggests anyone can do it, but the reality (as I see it, not being in GSOL) is that it’s more like making the rounds with a set of master keys and doing tedious things with them.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
I will quadruple it. I won’t send it back to you, but as it sits in my wallet, I assure you, it will be quadrupled (or more!)

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Dalael posted:

once you're in the corp, you can set your clone station remotely (We can still do that, can we?) to 1DQ1-A

You can still do that, once a year

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Rutibex posted:

Carriers and super carriers are primarily used for ratting.

Sometimes supers get to fit heavy warp scramblers and warp in on the enemy at 0 as disposable tackle. :black101:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Ynglaur posted:

Are those poors in PL still using Rorquals as jump HICs?

They would, but they can’t afford them

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Someone was re-running some old ads for a while, but the new ones are still going

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Truga posted:

ah yeah, that makes sense.

my favourite carebear story is that the word got banned on star citizen forums because many people felt insulted by it

The amount of words they have to ban on the Star Citizen forums to protect the cultists from crimethink is pretty impressive

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

froody guy posted:

Let's do it:

EVE Online
The Mittani
Goons
Non consensual pvp
Non consensual pve
Carebear
Derek Smart
Crytek
Elite Dangerous
Release date
Scam
Ponzi
Nigerian prince
Checkbox

refund
tickle (tickler, tickling)

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Hexel posted:

:eyepop:

does that thing even have a release date yet

Approximately the 20th of Never. But they're having their big CitizenCon (for various values of 'con') tomorrow, so the likelihood of hilarity is pretty high.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Thanks to whoever posted that market guide. I'm a lovely newbie with very little capital but have managed to climb from 1B ISK net worth to 2.5B ISK in a week, pretty happy with myself.

E: Best item I've managed to find so far is the one I've been able to flip at ~500x the purchase price.

That was a wonderful guide. Please never post it again; there's enough competition in the market as is :sun:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

chupacabraTERROR posted:

hope you're happy rutibex!!!!

Seriously. This is the most fiendishly subtle form of goonfucking yet.

:v:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
I'll never understand why some dudes selling 50,000,000 of a thing are so desperately driven to undercut someone selling 1,000 of that thing :iiam:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Rutibex posted:

If you are trading with a very small amount of money to start you can end up having not enough cash on hand to cover all of your outstanding orders (Margin Trading IV is the newbies friend). This means you have to sell off your stuff quickly, or you will bottom out and lose all of your orders.

I guess, but if you're really that desperate for liquidity, wouldn't it be a lot less work to just dump something on a buy order? Not all of the bid/ask spreads are that extreme, no?

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Philonius posted:

Traders are not producing anything. They don't dump to buy orders, they are the buy orders.

That's the same logic as "I mined it, therefore it's free". If you put a value on your time, you're far better off selling to a buy than re-pricing every five minutes.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Philonius posted:

No, it's not.

If I have a 100 isk, and put up a buy order for that amount, and it gets filled, I now have that item and zero liquid isk.

I put up the item as a 150 isk sell order. That's how I plan to make money. Dumping to another 100ish isk buy order does nothing for me. That's the situation a newbie trader will be in. A bunch of buy orders, a bunch of sell orders, and very little liquid isk to move into more markets. So they 0.01 isk their stuff, in order to get a faster turnaround. If you're sitting on 100 billion of assets and orders, that's too much loving work.

You seem to think that you're disagreeing with me, but you're just restating my point. If your time has value, you don't reprice your order every five minutes.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Nitrousoxide posted:

Does the free account on EVE have access to mining barges? I've got a hankering to go back to Theta Squad but I don't want to pay for Omega.

Barges are Omega only. Ventures can be used by Alphas.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Rutibex posted:

Good luck ever changing the location of your clone. It takes me like 20 attempts for that menu to even load.

This was literally the most painful part of returning to the game and moving to Delve.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

orange juche posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. AFK Jump freighters on fire off the shoulder of Uedama. I watched polarized blasters glitter in the dark near the Niarja Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Dalael posted:

Near the end, if you don't feel bad for the guy, you ain't human

That's the real Voigt-Kampff test

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

feedmegin posted:

Has there literally ever been a time the Ferox was good? I flew one in Delve 1 but that was because I was new, Achura and poor. Like, 'couldn't afford a Drake' poor.

There's a Ferox doctrine that seems to be in pretty regular use these days

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

ZombieLenin posted:

Not to sound like a total loving newb (I mostly am because I stopped playing for 4 years); however, now that I am in Goonwaffe is there a loving primer for where I need to go and how I get my poo poo to null without it taking all week because of jump fatigue? I checked the goonwaffe forums/wiki but gently caress if I could find any information on this.

There's some decent info on the wiki at https://wiki.goonfleet.com/I%27ve_Just_Joined_Goonwaffe,_Now_What%3F (that page is probably more relevant for someone who's just installed the game, though)

Short version is that we live in Delve, the 1DQ Thetastar is the main market hub and AFK palace, and if your stuff is worth moving, there are jump freighter services advertised in the S-Mart section of the goonfleet forums.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

ZombieLenin posted:

Most of my stuff is worth moving, but I would probably leave a lot of it—I see no need to bring 40 bill in faction ships and fittings. My primary concern is moving multiple capitals out to delve.

I haven’t checked the jump distance yet, but I would love to be able to move my Thanatos and Moros in a single day, or over a couple of days. That said my Thanatos can probably handle all of the subcaps and fittings I would really need to set up, and I could buy the rest there.

Jump fatigue isn't as bad as it used to be, so this shouldn't be too painful. If you're moving stuff out of Deklein, the route isn't too bad since between GSF and INITdot we own a lot of stuff on the way. (We had a keepstar and a bunch of other structures in 6RCQ during the latest war up there, but I'm not sure if they're still around.)

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Ynglaur posted:

Aww, looks like the rage quit got deleted. I was going to up vote it.

Still there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/a5roq0/ccp_can_we_rename_j115405_to_rage_if_player/ebow4no/

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Nobody wanted any of that stuff anyway, you see

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

vandalism posted:

I'm loving around with the character creator and is it even possible to make a decent dude? All my guys have beef jerky face. Do all races get a unique hair options? Or just certain bloodlines?

https://evewho.com/pilot/Manface+Missile+Tits

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, what the gently caress did CCP do now? I was able to log in on Kayl, but then my "tokens" got all hosed up. It said to unpin the accounts and log them back in to re-verify, but nothing's happening after entering in the verification code.

The login server takes a few hours off every now and then because :ccp:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
The funny thing is that the Consumer Price Index is actually steady, or even down over a long enough time frame.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Pomp posted:

i stared at this for ages before figuring out i was in the eve thread

Hey, the MER is good for something other than smugging about how Delve is worth more than the rest of the galaxy (even if smugging is its best and highest purpose).

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Addamere posted:

宇宙一のエリート戦士

グーグル翻訳も使用しています

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

I was certain that was going to turn into the Fourth Stimpire at some point.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

CainFortea posted:

So they forgot to pay their sov bills for fanfest?

:ccp: in a nutshell

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

imo the whole "bots are invading eve" thing seems to be directly tied to people complaining about chinese players that migrated to western servers

This, plus their complete inability to become even a nontrivial annoyance to fortress Delve. It can’t be because they’re lazy and incompetent, no, it must be goons botting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
“Those people are playing the game better than I do; please make them stop” is one of the more amusing recurring themes on :reddit: