Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Played Eve for years back in the day started a new account via steam and “arg” this is the game it should have been a decade ago now. Docking on the autopilot was something people screamed and shouted about being for filthy casuals and how it would ruin the game but God drat this is the thing that made me, an miner, give them money again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Stereotype posted:

i was over a thousand posts behind on this thread.

it's pumpkin time till nov 7th if anyone was curious about ccp events

Omega 15% off and discounts on plex is the store thing, and 15 days of login rewards.

Got me a year for £85

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
GoonWaffe +1 and now I read.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Same, I have no idea what random name/account/email I used for my mining carebear character and found that the game has changed so much that it would be like starting again anyway.

Funnily enough I joined SA because I was bored with the game and goons were the new big thing - I paid my $10 thinking about joining at some point, but ended up quitting EVE and procrastinating here instead. So it’s been my reg date ago since I last played

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m kind of glad no one saw me learning to play the game 10 years ago, it’s still not exactly intuitive.

One thing that painful, they moved undock. It used to be bottom left, now it’s top right and I will never be able to remember this.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have wasted days days of my eve time not being in 0.0

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So first day in 0.0 courtesy of some bugger camping the station at amarr

Goons in home system are super awesome, got given a wee mining ship and a tacking frig within 30 seconds, and then in the evening mentioned that I was after newbie bpcs in local and a kind soul set up a few contracts for me.

So yeh goons in space are good and cool.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

Is the GoonWaffe joining stuff in the OP still relevant? If I do get my accounts back it would be cool to sponsor my friends in, god knows I'm not the one to teach them about the game I can't remember a thing

Yeh the OP is up to date, there is a whole step by step process vis the website. Pretty fast as well, like they need you to prove you are forums you and whatnot.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Waiting on tranquility to come up like a dog waiting for the door because I need to travel 25 jumps through high sec to sell some poo poo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s an exhumer I can’t fly and bought accidentally because I’m a chuffing idiot whose small dog jumped on her knee at exactly the wrong moment.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

I have my characters back! However I'm getting a 500 error when trying to (re-)register them on the Goonswam ESI page, I looked in GS_Help but it appears to be empty- where's the best place to go for help these days?

People were talking about a server bug this morning, I’ll ask in-game for you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not just you, people in alliance trying to register alts are having the same issue, but from what I wasn’t paying much attention to it’s a known thing people are working on.

edit: sending DM

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 1, 2021

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

BIgDevine posted:

Today I went on a fleet, bomber fit, couldn’t fit t2 so said I’d fit t1. Some one on coms said ‘make sure to bring faction’. Today I learnt they meant ammo not modules.

It was an expensive lesson, just yeeted about 400m when if I’d fitted t1 probs would of been 50m.

Enjoy my misery.

Edit: I might try SRP it for the lol’s

So that was you they were talking about in local :haw:

If it’s any consolation they think you are a baller playing your own way,

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I just googled Pochven and lol, I get why they run it, I’m not sure why they run it on mains within alliance though? Surely this would be a alt corp thing where you commit your real resources to your own 0.0, where there are no NPC stations, or am I missing something?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

Are there referral codes anyone can post?

This is mine, you get a million sp and I get stuff too
https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=2cbe5d4b-959b-46db-9a08-d5b3e2083bb1

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Extended DT tomorrow.

Anyone having esi issues try again after that because this looks to be a CCProblem.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

What early skills should I start with?

If you can see the forums: goonivercity has a 60 day training plan for newbies

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

I don't have access yet but I make my way around space trying stuff.

The career agents are fantastic for isk and knowledge, I would do the mining one and get the basic skills for a Venture mining frig. They give them out at home base and it’s a nice and easy set of skills to have.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Made it screaming out of highsec to home base with my noob industrialist bpos. I tell yah lads this trip is going to be worth hundreds of thousands to me in the coming weeks.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ll DM you a list but yes sneaky cloaky super lol fun times.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ve been making noob money off of making the wee free ships and mining the ore for them. Probably not more than I could have sold the minerals for though, but Xyyzy is obviously so nice that I wanna do my bit for them and all that.

There is a couple of gaps for newbies if you can get the BPOs up there. Ice mining upgrades and the larger non-mammoth haulers.

E: Check out the mineral costs and actual market price of Amarr BC if you want a laugh

Or if you are me, actual disappointment that plan to make all own ships failed.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 3, 2021

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Sickening posted:

Really awesome stuff

I’ll admit that I did pay to play a bit with the packs and the plex and injection buying and can now fly a covetor with T1 crystals, and have semi decent processing and sales skills (while being able to fly an annoying wee support frig semi ok) . Being a miner to my very core I found the secret roid belts on scanner within about 9 seconds of hitting 0.0 without knowing what they were and had to search the forums to find out if I was breaking any rules*, but didn’t know to check for NPC kills.

I got to say “new players, check for npc kills and salvage if abandoned” is infinitly more useful than the 9 page explanations of scanning, exploration and anonomolies I keep finding.

*can’t mine Mercoxit, so my noob rear end is doing someone a favour.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

It's Feliday Melody but I'm still in the starting areas for the moment. We can chat when I get to Delve.

You can get a full set of starter skillbooks via the newbie program so don’t spend too much rn

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Make the money!

They will give you newbie tackling ships for fleet, so don’t feel guilty about spending the isk you have on you until you can fly the bigger ships with skill and style*.

*also tanking skills

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

orange juche posted:

If you share in fleet that you're brand new to the game, you'll get enough isk to keep you in ships for a year.

Already rookie of the year tbh, took maybe half an hour of being in corp to ask the right questions to get overview set up for PvP :D

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

It's this. I have three accounts that can run myrms, my main can clear a hub in just over half an hour the lowest skilled one in about 45/50 mins, so I just set all three loose in a hub, scoop the loot and salvage the wrecks as they finish. It's exceptionally boring poo poo

I can make 40 mill an hour solo mining, but it lacks any element of surprise whatsoever. Like you might get a rare drop, I target the crokite, I shoot the crokite, I get the crokite.

(I bought large skill injectors so I could process the gosh darn crokite)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Sickening posted:

If only i could sell the ore/rocks reliably. Selling poo poo in 1dq1 loving sucks right now.

Processing in the system next door and then hauling it across to fill buy orders is a fairly decent profit margin and you can get in and out quick and get back to mining.

I’m not that fussed about the min maxing mining stuff when it’s being sold to alliance - I’ve only sold plex and bought skill injectors in 1dq1 for the same reason.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I am shocked and disappointed to see what they did to the Prophecy and added more EW to my skill queue in protest.

Balls to training drones.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s kicking off a bit on the other forums over Pochven lads. The Mitanni seems a tad upset.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I still don’t understand why people are building stuff in pock without the capability to defend it and handing untold billions to the enemy, instead of letting the enemy build stuff, get nice and comfortable, and then blowing it up while laughing.

But then I’m new and probably missing something big here.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Because they want to krab. The PVP is secondary.

But what are they spending the isk on? Ships that let them krab faster? Because the last time I played we called those guys level 4 mission runners.

Again apologies if there are awesomegoons amongst them using them to build a capital ship for delve station defence and whatnot.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ahhh I kind of get why it’s been allowed to live as a thing now, so the real PvPers are using it as a place to hunt Pandemic Horde and make some isk when they can’t be found and then there are The Other Guys.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Drama then? The point of it is drama?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Is there a market there or do they have to fly the fat loot elsewhere to sell?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Floppychop posted:

The bulk of the money is just payouts for finishing the sites.

Krabswarm didn't even loot the drops.

Nooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooo

oooooooo!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Fleeing with unimagined wealth 5 minutes to DT could be a really valuable learning experience for some of the super keen PvP intake in little bees tbh.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Someone from alliance?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
drat. I trained for the 0.0 ores and they will make me put those points in poo poo empire ore and it will be months before I can use T2 equivalent again

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We are going to make it easier for new players by adding a mid slot to the covetor but make it so you only get 38% of the veldspar you mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
All they had to do to keep the 99% of the miners in the game happy was add a second slot to the barges.

No miner in the game is going to use standard and all the T2 crystals and BPs being changed into standard by default is going to cause a riot in empire, but really slowly as people crawl round into the right direction bumping into things.