Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Dirk doesnt yell at me, op

That's because you're cool and fun. Mike makes me happy I didn't grow up in a house with lead paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Also, hi. I abuse weed and blaze daily (in venal) :2bong:

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Ohgod thanks but no thanks. It involves downloading the client, logging in and creating a character so I'll pass on this one. Too much cancer in one day

Eve's cancer can't be that far off from having to preview your own posts

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
I did an API check, it isn't Toolarmy. The dude puts "Toolarmy" in every one of his names + isnt a FW pubbie. Looks like Mike might still have the smoothbrains

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Jabber is boring now because there's a 90% chance the person you're talking to has the brainpower of a Border Collie. One that's been oxygen deprived.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
I'm sorry, Lassie.

No seriously I had a guy dispute the notion of time = money (with regards to active logged in time) by going "but what about credit card???"

e: highbrains can't post gud

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

dialhforhero posted:

Is anyone actually, truly, 💯 banned? Serious question as it seems as long as you have any shred of humility you can eventually get back in.

The elusifman would like to have a word with you.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
So how about them mining changes? How many people swapped to moons forever ago?

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Did he shill the game with his wizard hat on? Bear in mind the XO of The Bastion is a marketing exec with Daybreak. Big leaks.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Dalael posted:

Someone's always going to be mean to you. Not because it's you, but

It's probably that one guy upset about him being inactivity purged.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

R I P zeke, we will miss you

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Well not only did they hit rorquals, they also nerfed the drones they use AND the respawn rate of mining anomalies to lower the amount of mining going on in Delve. In the upcoming patch they're looking at nerfing the anoms/belts again by reducing the size of the rocks by as much as 50%.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

This man is a liar, there's nothing in venal. He meant smoke :420: ya dig?

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Captain Melo posted:

.. and I am genuinely confused why more people don't do it.

Ewww missions.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
I'd say the minimum to run burners and not totally waste your time is a min of 3 accounts. Assuming you aren't self loathing you'll only double dip each for an average of ~12 missions per 4 hour decline period. 12 missions is about ~830m at the time of posting.

E: Team Burners are ~140 seconds on average to clear, Agents are ~90 seconds.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Are those alpha or omega accounts?

So CCP decided to lock alphas out of L4 missions due to botters. You have to be omega.

However due to gurista LP being silly valuable, you make the ~1.5b back in roughly 24 self-run missions, if you contract them out via the lazy method it takes 40 missions per alt to plex. Couple this with the fact that your pullers need ~600k SP for social skills, you can turn them into reaction or SP farm alts and negate the account upkeep almost 100%

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
I think this is a bold, new direction.

A new action MMORPG by CCP, titled "Failure"

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
FCs mostly choose the positioning of the fleet. One of their backseaters will handle target calling, another one will be yelling at stragglers.

GSF/The Imperium has the skirmish commander system to promote random mouthbreathers into potential FCs, after you spend a while running trashcan frigate/jackdaw fleets you'll be given real responsibility.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
You really dont want to look at the Advanced Blazing Tech thread then

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Xarn posted:

Also re that elysium post, you are forgetting the best part. That guy went in saying something like "only soyboys use the words toxic masculinity unironically", which is just :psyboom:

drat, sad I missed it. Been a minute since I watched a pitchfork mob

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

There is an argument that if you lived under the largess of the space state, you should also eat crow with the state? I could cite examples of having real painful moments in eve history where Mittens gave away hundreds of man hours of effort to a drinking buddy, but life went on.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
I for one find it very strange how passionate some folks are about this. Not even on a "gently caress TEST and everything they touch" level, but on a "I loving hate the TTT so much it should burn with all it's market traders inside " level.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Baculus posted:

meh. im probably just angry and confused.

i spent a billion on a BPO to make tornado hulls only to be told "thanks no thanks" for ~reasons~, spent a few billion in giving away ships and on jump fuel. literally lining up everything i have and selling off half my assets to buy a supercap just to help delta move poo poo, and i just get told not to do things and i feel like im bashing my head against a wall.

If you have a bpo for tornados (My condolences on that), and build them at input buy values, you'd be able to move them in w6v just fine, as the folks selling them are doing it around 160m. It's roughly 80m to build a hull, then without t2 guns the rest of the fit is maybe 20-30m? You probably wont be able to recover the investment off delta alone.

Dont buy a supercap as a suitcase either. What?

Baculus posted:

being told for a month to not fly a ship i want to fly or being scolded for losing ships is very much not why i came out here. if i want to lose a dictor trying to keep a brave cap bubbled thats between me, my wallet, and atrum if i choose to involve him. but now transitioning to blingy ships in gatecamps is okay... idk im trying to hit the goal so hard and i feel like i cant and i dont really know why. maybe im just too dumb for this stuff.

Yo if you're gonna do the "people are harshing on my game" thing at least have examples.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

SugarAddict posted:

Does this marauder buff mean anything? +50% DPS while bastioned does quite alot. Almost makes me want to buy a marauder and go back to running level 4s, but as it stands there are many groups who's whole purpose is to gank mission runners in highsec, so that leaves low/null as safer than highsec for mission running at times.

I mean if the math somehow doesnt drive you off L4 missions, I dont know what will, it wont be huge for pvp at scale since bastion makes you a huge target to any capital ship gun.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Considering most of the jammers are theirs, they would probably have caps. You still have to deal with how much damage you're going to take from hacfleets primarying the 2b/each battleships off the field though.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Rhymenoserous posted:

I have this buck wild idea why don’t y’all flex your director muscles on a fight actually worth the effort and kick Xenuria out, last I checked he was soliciting a eve rule34 weirdo to make his eve person nude so he can jack off to it.

Xenuria doesnt contribute things to the group, so he wont get kicked. That's how it works when you let tiny peepees get little power sinecures

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Not getting in the way is understandable, it's this idea that we dont have translators for all these rando corps that could, very easily, get a translation of a policy made. We have the talent for it, there's very few excuses to not follow procedure in tyool2021.

GSF has always gone out of it's way to eject thingdoers that rock the boat too hard for the bot-adjacents who just rat and say cringe poo poo like "F2" and "I love SNS"

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They still have to know that the policy exists. This is hard when you don't speak the same language as most of the people in the alliance. This has nothing to do with whether translations of policy exist or if auto-translate can do a good enough job to get the message across.

I maintain that Tuzy can do things better

You mean like make an altcorp specifically to get poo poo mailed there so he can monitor it with the phone app? gently caress that was hard.

Talking about hard, notice Tuz isnt here to defend his e-honor?

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Rudeboy Detective posted:

The Tuzman is probably off laughing his lungs out tbh

In my experience tuzy doesn't really enjoy things that arent packaged with an apple logo

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
worth

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

That Works posted:

Xenuria still being in was one of the things that made it easier to peace out last time and in some part kept me from coming back when I've gotten the urge.

That's a pretty strange line to draw, when the sources are suspect and you will only ever encounter the guy in one jabber channel ever

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Raged posted:

Hmmm, where would people playing a space game get "airlocked"? Not a loving clue.

Threatening to eject somebody who foreswore eve years ago isnt exactly a threat

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Farscape gets better as they kind of settle into their own voice. It's kinda like bab5 where the first season is kind of awful. It really goes places you cant expect with muppets

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Rudeboy Detective posted:

On what grounds?

Sinclair is a way shittier lead than The Box but I'd say it's no more awkward than the first 69 seasons of TNG.

Tacky musical stings, obvious plotlines, the acting was above the material for s1, beyond that it's great

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
You know she yelled her own name the whole time too

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

goodbye 4000 clones

This but into a tissue

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Dont pressure ccp into a corpse chute, they'll wind up making keepstars randomly ejaculate them

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Kestral posted:

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Somehow the corpses will attract space storms

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah krabhauses dont generally get alliance level protection unless you can easily facilitate their coming/going. When we'd get hit by BL or PH up in venal we'd hire pathfinders to get a WH nearby and then get up with skirmish command.

Then we'd have to make bookmarks, a grid of them per structure, and try to provide some sorta help beyond just a gunner, like an ECM wing or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
At best you'd slap a target painter in and use titanium sabot, artillery are not great at hitting things smaller than themselves without lots of webs and/or good transversal and/or high sig radius