Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Floppychop posted:

Religion is full of people trying to get by on technicalities, just look at stuff like Sabbath ovens/lights/elevators.

For a time of rest. The Sabbath is a ton of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Are there referral codes anyone can post?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

That's fair.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

What early skills should I start with?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Can't go wrong with shield, armor, engineering, and drone skills. I think there's beginner skillplans on the wiki.

Does the alliance have a newbee skillplan?

No I mean like right now. I started working on missiles. The in game guide says repair but it's a red skill.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

learnincurve posted:

If you can see the forums: goonivercity has a 60 day training plan for newbies

I don't have access yet but I make my way around space trying stuff.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

learnincurve posted:

The career agents are fantastic for isk and knowledge, I would do the mining one and get the basic skills for a Venture mining frig. They give them out at home base and it’s a nice and easy set of skills to have.

Alright I'll do that!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Someone contacted me and gave me a ton of useful advice and even offered me a 9 million isk mission ship. I told him that I might move in with some friends in Delve some time in the future. He instantly left the conversation. This is the third time this has happened.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Fqubed posted:

Just come to delve.

It's in the works so no worries. But in the meantime I'm saving up for some skillbooks and testing ships.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Fqubed posted:

So, do you need isk to buy the skillbooks? Whats your ingame name

It's the same as here but it's fine. It's more about knowing what specific books are useful since they're around 100k each. The game is also trying get me to buy books that aren't useful at the moment.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Post your in game name.

It's Feliday Melody but I'm still in the starting areas for the moment. We can chat when I get to Delve.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Jazzzzz posted:

They aren't trying to chat you up, they're asking your name so they can send you money to get you started

Right Sorry!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Stereotype posted:

A new eve goon being excited about a ship worth 9m makes jaded veterans reflexively send you a hundred times that in isk because to some players a billion isk is pocket change.

When I started a year and a half ago I was incredibly nervous flying my $100m asteros around, but now I casually gate things worth ten or twenty times that much.

A guy in delta sqad has 500B isk just in plex and another 500B in super caps and then like 5 rorqs. Some people in this game are insanely rich.

I was genuinely worried because I couldn't afford insurance for my frigate. These missions were rough and I didn't want to lose it. (I'm fine now though thanks!)

I was wondering why my ship had no shield and I think it was because it cost 22.000 isk which was too much.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ded posted:

Join a goon spaceship guild. Ask in gs_frigates for a free frigate of your choice (unlimited quantities seriously just ask). Go on a op pinged out on jabber. Mention that you are brand new to the game and trying to learn how to tackle in your t1 frigate. Bask in the glory that is free isk in your wallet.

That does sound like fun. I'll be going around east of Amarr while they work on my application in the meantime.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

orange juche posted:

ACCEPT THE WARM MOIST EMBRACE OF GOON GENEROSITY, GET THEE rear end TO DELVE POST HASTE, gently caress HIGHSEC IT'S FOR LOSERS.

Agreed. I've been patrolling around the south east looking for things to shot (killed one thing, forget to loot it, died twice, fun over all). Returning to Amarr is the most depressing part. I almost got myself exploded by the police by reflexively targeting and almost shooting a ship that came too close in highsec. This is going to happen sooner or later.

Playing cat and mouse with a saber and his friend was probably a hundred times more interesting than mission running.

I'm just hanging around Amarr while my application is being processed. I applied pretty early so I'm not dragging out this stay in high sec.

People have been really helpful so far so things have been fun.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 5, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Kesper North posted:

There's a weapon safety to stop you doing this isn't there?

It gave me some trouble out in space so I didn't really trust it.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 5, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mederlock posted:

If you want to make a relative boatload of isk (for a newbie) and have some fun with competition for the sites, roam around in a cheap T1 scanning frigate with a data analyzer and scanning skills, and start scanning down and running the Crimson Harvest and Tetrimon network node cosmic signatures Data Sites(hide the "anomalies" and ignore combat sites, relic sites, gas sites, wormholes, and Data sites with a 'difficulty' of I or II). Scanning is a bit of an advanced skill, but there are guides on the Eve University wiki that can you can get started on it, before you get accepted into the alliance and see our internal resources for newbies. And if you get good at them, the more difficult sites in Derelik pay out about 45-120 mil isk per site.(ends November 10)

You might find scanning boring, and if you do just skip it. If there's one good thing about this game, it's that there is plenty of variety in the options and playstyles available to you. T1 abyssals are also decent and newbie friendly, would recommend looking into that as well if blowing up ships is more your style :shobon:

This is a lot of good advice thanks and I'm going to save this. I have some starting funds (thanks you know who you are) which will last several dozen replacement ships. I think I'll be using those funds up first on war ships before I try exploring ways to make more money.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

shame on an IGA posted:

Know that you don't get a notification or change of corp membership when buttons have been pushed, you gotta go into the corp menu and see if the "accept invitation" button has become available to you. If so, push button.

Buttons may have been pushed, you gotta look for evidence of it.

Maybe i misunderstood the process. I emailed all my info and I thought that an invite would be sent to my pilot when everything was ready. I didn't apply in game until I got confirmation.

Am i supposed to apply in game right away?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Okay because I'm reading this article

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101#Process_A-1:_First-Time_SA_Member_Applications

And it says to email my information and then wait for an invite in game.

After I receive and accept that invite. I'm then supposed to register on the website.

Unless I'm misreading it.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Frida Call Me posted:

assume anything on the goonwiki is between 5 and 10 years out of date

you just look up the corporation in-game and then there's a place where you can apply to it, and someone on the recruitment team will approve it. you go back to the same place you applied to check the status of your application.

Maneck fixed it for me which was very nice of them. And thank you for helping out. Otherwise I'd still be in Amarr just causing trouble for people.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

First fleet. Died instantly. Lots of fun was had.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/96458371/

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It's been a pretty fantastic day in every way possible. 10/10.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

orange juche posted:

do the tips include how to best deploy titans to shoot the most whiny blue ratters?

:stonk:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It wasn't even a fleet. I was just patrolling and accidentally landed on them. The other people were looking for them too and showed up in the nick of time.

https://br.evetools.org/br/6187aed248564b0012a0829a

I asked first and no one else wanted the loot, so it was a nice haul.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Yeah, I saw that but that's cool. I'm very slowly accruing the *vast* amount of blueprints and reaction formulae, doing research on the blueprints while I skill up my main production character who will produce the fiddly bits. I've got a few other characters on other I'm going to max out reaction and/or production slots to ease the load as it were. And what's incredibly sick is I'm kind of finding working this bollocks out... enjoyable

I'll be your first customer and kindly take 4 bantams. Do you deliver to 1dq?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'm planning to build carriers, faxes and dreads, so no

Well those are a while off....

I might just be that first customer yet ;)

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

FC: "Feliday do you know how to change safety"
Fleet member: "At sec status -7,8 they probably do

This made my day.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Svanse was the FC. He was really nice and patient with me. Way more than I had earned.

I think the filament teleports are affected by the safety? My safety has been red for a while now. But if it hadn't been I would never have figured out what made the fleets spontaneously teleport across space. Or why I would have been left behind.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mederlock posted:

How did you get that low a sec status in such a short time span? :black101:

I got incredibly bored in HS and just started shooting at anything. I just wanted to see what I could get away with.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mederlock posted:

:black101: :black101: :black101: I knew showing you some manual piloting tricks was the right call :v:

It was great. I learned a lot. Tackling by slingshotting at the other ship in an arc made a huge difference in damage taken.

Logi anchor practise was very difficult, and I wasn't even close to nailing that. But I'm practising in Delve by stalking random ships and then pretending the stuff they're interacting with is the enemy, and then manually piloting to keep the right distance.

Rust Martialis posted:

For a second I assumed you meant your High School and went 'wow, psycho on the forums'

Haha! Wow, yes, that was extremely poor phrasing.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 8, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Bilirubin posted:

Add logi anchor to your watchlist, then right click on the name and select "orbit [select specified distance]" if in fleet.

Always add FC to your watchlist as well.

To add someone to watchlist: right click their names in fleet, and select "add to watchlist"

At least AFAIK I don't have logi skills trained, and also assuming we are talking about the same thing

Learning how to spiral approach a target for point/scram/web is something everyone should learn early though

No I mean acting logi anchor and manually piloting to keep the fleet between us and the bad guys.

Mederlock was acting the part of the fleet. Burning around in a Jackdaw while I was supposed to keep him at around 20 km and then stay on the opposite side of him of the enemy (in this case played by the 1DQ keepstar) while doing manual piloting.

Is was very difficult. But maybe I could do it with a Cruiser?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

helperdog posted:

Hi everyone sorry I've been gone I have finals coming up soon and had to write a rlly long paper that was not very fun. If people would like an update I have found my way to jita and arranged my skills but idk what else to do. Matty told me he will give me the deputy ship that can use a candle to light the way for my friends which is nice. I like helping my friends do things so it seems like a good ship for me. Anyway I got scout a new dog bed and he really enjoys it, but now that the daylight savings happened we can't go to the park as much so he is a bit restless and has been digging in to it to make himself a perfect spot

There r a lot of messages I missed and I read rlly slow so I will not read them I'm sorry

Aw so cute :3:

Are you doing well in Eve?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

That thread was certainly something. :stare:

And then they shot him anyway.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Maneck posted:

The most famous living goon is dead. Long live the most famous living goon.

In honour of our deer departed founder, henceforth anyone referencing Lowtax in their applications or reapplications will instead be blacklisted. They don't actually give me a blacklist button.

Hey Maneck. Thanks for dealing with all my terrible emails.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 11, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Thanks to the SRP team for replacing my much loved Kirin that I'm very certain they didn't have to pay out for.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Just give me some space, alright. I'm working with this.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

quote:

[ 2021.11.13 18:32:58 ] CorrinoGiovanni > Giant protest in Jita, if you are an Orca/Rrq piloit who dislikes the changes, you ought to be there. On top of bullying CCP on twitter or something. I dunno
[ 2021.11.13 18:33:19 ] Feliday Melody > This protest has nothing to do with Rorqs
[ 2021.11.13 18:33:48 ] ISD Drew > Feliday Melody lets keep conjectur on the JITA stuff out of rookie help chat as its off topic please :)

People had spent over an hour talking about and speculating about the protest, and would continue to do so for hours more. But ISDs overwhelmingly only set their foot down when I responded to something about it.

ISDs are the worst.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 14, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

learnincurve posted:

ISD Guy in rookie help has given up policing me explaining about Jita Protests completely now. Taking the time to tell people to not use caps locks but fine with me telling them to take fireworks to sell in jita.

Great! I'll return later to manage the EU timezone of explaining the protests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Helpimscared posted:

I feel like every time I come back to this game everyone is mad at it. So I have a hard time understanding when things are actually bad and when it’s just the usual bitching.

Makes me sad though, I really do want EVE to do well.

The fleets are great.