Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The Mittani-is-banned ad got me to click, so good job.

Still not coming back to EVE, but good luck with the exterminationing, Goonfriends - hope you're all having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nice video editing, "Nima Dallocort"

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

is boat still a goon

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Boatswain posted:

Who the gently caress is Xenuria? He keeps posting awful threads in the Helldump (Helldump #1) but I never understand what he is talking about.

if you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Micromancer posted:

a FAX that would cost around $600 USD.

post fit please

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Micromancer posted:

The last BPC I heard of selling went for 40b. The last one built I saw on contract was 65b. It has a corpse bay to store the corpses of the people I've failed to heal. The alt is named Sort Dagon

Oh, I didn't know there are pirate FAXs now, I just thought you had some bonkers fit on a random FAX that cost that much. That's nuts.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

At max skills, ballpark estimate of how many fitted Ravens can fit inside the largest capacity freighter?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Agrikk posted:

How is it that SA moderates it’s forums ~better than places like Eve forums or r/eve?
:10bux:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

ccp finally killed highsec freighter ganking with the bumping nerf

end of an era, it got me trillions in scams

it's been a few years so i figured i would check in with this thread to see what's going on, and this is the post i read.

globby this saddens me to hear, i am sorry. but i look back on our times together with fondness and remembrance. you taught me a lot, mostly about mach bumping and how to be a better sociopath.

does this mean jita will no longer burn, ever again?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

seeing as you can only bump a target for less than 3 minutes at a time, queueing up targets for a gank fleet is pretty much impossible. i'd be surprised if a burn jita even happened, and if it does the isk value destroyed is going to be very low relatively

likewise, the easiest way to get a mark on comms to bonus room was bumping freighters. gone are the 12 hour days of me emptying out this guy's 400b wallet, or taking a corporation with 7 sotiyos

truly the end of an era :(

ccp sucks

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Discussion Quorum posted:

I still remember my ICQ number even though my friends and I switched to AIM and then IRC in high school.

Can't remember someone's name half the time no matter how many times I silently yell at myself not to brain-fart it away, but an arbitrary number I haven't needed in 20 years is instant recall.

Boy this hit me hard. Still remember my 8 digits. I had to get that one after I lost the password for my 6 digit ICQ number, rip. Way back when, people were willing to shell out hundreds of dollar for a 6 digit one.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

wilderthanmild posted:

Hmm, apparently the trig invasion has hit Niarja which is a chokepoint between the two biggest high sec trading hubs of Jita and Amarr.

I'm guessing this will annoy a lot of people and probably kill a lot of bot traders.

Trigs just wanted to take over freighter ganking from CODE

(Amarr is 9 jumps from Jita. The shortest Highsec route that ignores Niarja is 45 jumps... I think a lot of freighters are going to take the Niarja gambit. Truly a Kobayashi Maru scenario)

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Keegers posted:

Just joined back up on PC after playing the mobile version. Probably been asked before, but why is goonfleet still using jabber/mumble? It seems like you could transition over to discord and have it combine the two. With discord bots I'm sure it could be as secure as the current system?

Guessing it would probably be a big undertaking and why change something that isnt broke.

If you want the full story, head on over to this page and read the following 2-3

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866278&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=406

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

Presumably bluegoon got banned because of his dumb psyops thread and probably melted down in jabber calling people meanwords, and it seems not much has changed since then

For some reason I tagged Bluegoon's EVE name in SALR

It's coming up as https://zkillboard.com/character/1989133359/

Horde and Moa? Nice

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Pookum posted:

I'm trying so hard to reinstall the game but I'm working in a third world poo poo hole. Is there any way to download the game on a laptop in the city with good wifi and then transfer them over to my desktop that's at base camp where im lucky to get 56k? Like can i just copy the whole folder over?

There's a 11.5gb resources file you can download that'll help a LOT.

https://www.eveonline.com/download

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Snail Information posted:

Command ships are in big demand as boosters I think. Only specific ones, what exactly do you wanna fly?

Oh dammit don't do this to me

Are Amarr CS and Minmatar CS still used?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Comstar posted:

All of the tech 2 battle cruiser ones. FC5 5 5 5 5 unless my clones dead.

Wait, what are these “destroyer” ones ??

T2 destroyers that can fit links and can also micro-jump other ships in a small circle a few hundred km away from the rest of the fleet

edit: looks like links are no longer offgrid, sheesh is that awkward?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

ChickenWing posted:

hmm okay welp cheese brain strikes again, although realistically wherever ju-/vfk/ya0 dump to is probably monitored to gently caress

I had no issues getting my JU- stuff out of lowsec in a lovely T1 indy, nobody was on the undock and there were like 3 people in system.

Doing it without a scout with a bil in the hold got my heart pumping again after all these years, I'll give you that.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

EVEMon also has the ability to show assets, including inside asset-protected wraps. Was very helpful to me since I couldn't get JEVEAssets to work.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Comstar posted:

I'm still weirded out seeing fleet broadcasts not mentioning to bring tackle or Rifters (which I haven't seen one of yet).

At the risk of saying something incorrect... You should bring your Rifter to any and every fleet you see pinged.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I figure after 4 years it's time for me to lose Eve again, so I've reapplied (I think?)

Got about 60mil SP in subcaps - judging from the last few pages and zKill I should be brushing up on my Jackdaw, Ferox and Rokh skills... anything else get called for a lot?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So back when I quit I was beginning to train for Archon ratting, and for whatever reason (skill goo maybe?) already have JDC-V. Now that I'm back, it turns out I was a LOT closer to a Capswarm ready Revelation than I thought! Really excited to fly a Bhaalgorn as well when Baltec's get called. All that 2016 Nightmare training and Incursion isk really paid off!

It's 2020 and I'm excited to play EVE Online again, holy smokes.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DNGC773 posted:

Don’t get me wrong it isn’t the best name for a coalition of coalitions to be called. But I think it’s hilarious hence why I use it so much here.

From what I have seen far more imperium use it than actual members of legacy PanFam...etc.

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I think goons are making fun of you for it and the members of legacy are embarrassed by it

Again, pure conjecture on my part.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Otacon posted:

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I think goons are making fun of you for it and the members of legacy are embarrassed by it

Again, pure conjecture on my part.

I just want to get a little more into this, for the sake of creating an understanding. Goons traditionally make fun of silly things. People being made fun of for doing silly things are sometimes embarrassed by it.

I hope this provides some further clarity into my thought processes on this matter.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Well that's no good.

I'm rather asset heavy but ISK light at the moment, at least relative to what I can fly. Should I be looking to position stuff to jump down before taking the mark of the beast, or just expect to take the pod express and look to pick up the pieces down there?

I just came back to Goons and everyone above me is right - the 1DQ market is hilariously well stocked with modules and ships and for anything we use on fleets the prices are cheaper than Jita (and to a lesser extent, contracts - recommend using the "Auto Buy" option instead to save some money)

Freight costs using shipping services to 1DQ are higher now than in the past - really recommend ditching anything and tossing them in Jita/Perimeter.

Enjoyed dying for the swarm in my first fleet back, hell yeah I had fun in EVE tonight! https://zkillboard.com/kill/87328603/

Otacon fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 23, 2020

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DGC773 posted:

When I hit 1000 posts I can join GoonWaffe right?

Not without an introductory post in FYAD unfortunately

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

https://fleetcom.space/campaign/DzMPwvZ4FhcTGtBa9

Not really a perfect representation of actual war kills but this was pretty amusing to see on reddit

good job goons?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If goons come out in favor of all the changes, wouldn't CCP reverse their decisions pretty fast? Gons bad, etc.?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Micromancer posted:

Lastly: I still cant find the loving picture.

google image search

"power strip on flip flop in pool"

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So 1DQ by Christmas, confirmed?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i saw a km of some former ascee guy get posted in 1dq local so i asked why he bothered undocking to which a bunch of karmafleet guys told me to stop asking about it

what's the story behind that

He was using slurs/being a racist piece of poo poo and it was reported so he was kicked/blacklisted

That's the entire story

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i was in theta comms this weekend and dawn joined and was drunkenly arguing with saladin about whether or not john hartley has his poo poo together and it was getting mad awkward

anyways whats a squad thats good and full of poster goons to gatecamp with. i joined stereotype a few times but unfortunately I'm not normally up until 7a

I too would like to have an answer to this, Theta seems to be all about cloaky hunting and my bomber skills need more work

Anyone timezone EST say 8p-midnight?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Snail Information posted:

Have you ever tried that? You'd get stone silence. That's not even what brought this discussion on, it was goons talking about how theta is too high skill to hang out casually in right now.

I can fly bombers but I feel like a T1 scrub in a T2 universe

Really need to work on missile stuff someday

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Back in Dek I used to post my alt in a Blackbird with 4 or 5 Remote Sensor Boosters split between (usually) a Keres and a Hyena and it was fun, I'd like to relive the memories

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

minchar posted:

Losing ships is literally the highest form of krabbing in GoonWaffe.

This is 100% confirmed and as always it is awesome.

With the changes to jump clones (and not having a 20-24 hour timer when switching from learning implants, easily my favorite change since I last played in 2016) I've been going on any little fleet I have time for, and actively making isk while padding my meaningless killboard.

Hoping to see some more action this week!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Sickening posted:

Be careful on recommending newbies training into interceptors. FC's apparently loath people who want to fly interceptors in fleets that dont know how or don't want to be a scout.

There are ares fleets though for specific objectives, but they form super fast, are often capped at like 20 people, and aren't exactly newbie friendly.

You probably better more mileage out of flying a harpy right now.

This. Ares is the mainline ship of Dramafleets for entosis fuckery, but I agree Assault Frigates are pretty spiffy and should be a pretty quick train.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

I am getting insane amounts of money from goons now that I'm actually in. I feel kind of bad because I'll use it to buy expensive ships + equipment that will immediately get blown up.

On the other hand, we apparently have some sort of insurance fraud scheme going where getting blown up is actually good? Makes me feel a bit better about the whole thing.

Sent you some space cash for being adorable, as is the custom

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

i love baltec fleet

thank you affordable care app!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

iospace posted:

Bit late, but does that make it a Bhaaltec? :v:

That was the exact name of my ship that perished :mcnally:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU