Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
You should update the OP with the actual information about joining GoonWaffe and unvacationing instead of the stuff about API keys which are not real anymore.

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

Hexel posted:

can alphas do anything yet

Yeah alphas are in a much better place they can fly battleships and poo poo.

Can confirm GoonWaffe both Good and Cool. Join and exercise your :10bux: given membership in the privileged caste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
We're burning down the North so yeah it's a good time to play if you like winning.

Do the application according to the Wiki and I think they sort you out with a caring and compassionate team consisting of Maneck and maybe/hopefully some lackeys?

There may be emails involved if you're joining from a team we consider to be badguys / lovely.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Hi, unfortunate space bureaucrat in charge of herding artists here. Banner ads aren't ours or at least not modern.

Will see if I can't get new dumb ads done up to offer to Lowtax's bone fund.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Join KarmaFleet if you want to participate, play the game, be part of the largest corp in the alliance, etc

Join GoonWaffe if you want to be part of the space Brahmin caste, be special purely by virtue of your tenbux heritage, not have any requirements to participate or log in at all, and serve a largely vestigial and yet essential role of providing cultural identity and meaning

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Querns deposed him obvs.

There are a lot of fake banner ads happening. Just roll with it.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
You can't click consume after the expiry date. If you already ate it it will continue to work.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

well that is 4 hostile keepstars pushed into hull RF, nbd

"lol, made you undock"

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Malefitz posted:

Serious question: has the north won any meaningful battle in the last few weeks? I have been quite inactive in this war lately so I really don't know but all the BRs I see here and on reddit seem like one-sided dunks. So I'm kind of impressed that the north shows up at all to these fights...or is it just that our propaganda machinery is brilliant at it again and it's not as one-sided as it seems?

Our propaganda machine is in danger of becoming bored because the North is doing all the work for us.

Like here I was all ready to spin losses and so on but we just keep on winning and at this point pretty much the only propaganda to be written is "uh yeah we are ... we're still just winning all the time."

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Farewell Travel Raptor

Hello Travel Stiletto

my walking shoes

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Ares/malediction are better for being a travelceptor, since they have four lows. The stiletto can't fit all of a cyno, hyperspatials, enough cargo to light the cyno with cyno 4, and sub-2s align all at once.

Can Ares/Maledictions fit the tank to survive smartbombs though? In my head a travelceptor is not so much something with a cyno and cargohold but something with 10k shield buffer and a sub-2s align. Probably not able to get as quick as a Raptor since I think you need to put nozzle rigs on a Stiletto instead of Hyperspatials but as far as taxis go cynos and cargo have never been on my radar.

That said I'm into Ares all the same, I just know Stilettos can do basically the exact same thing as a Raptor in terms of taxi service.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Nyn posted:

I am new to the SA forums but a LONG time Eve online player, kick rear end to see that SA is involved in Eve Online. Didn't know the imperium was an SA entity. Small world.

lmao this is where we're at now, what a world

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Also NCPL had a tremendous focus on killboard positive safe behavior and not losing rorquals and all that poo poo, whereas we went "gently caress it do your thing, who cares if you lose a super, that's your problem." So we have this huge ridiculous economy of Chinese super ratting lunatics behind our poo poo whereas NCPL has miners and poo poo, but they are all self-loathing PvPers instead of dedicated Rorqual mains building an economy.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The titan numbers for the X47 armor timer, between us and the northern forces (minus PL) were within 1% of each other. What you said definitely accounts for the gap closing, but it didn't afford us any particular advantage in the actual fight, other than being slightly more willing to allow titans to die due to our massive production advantage.

Oh yeah no argument there.

That we were willing to commit all in like that was a result of our big ol' economic machine, but the actual tactical battle was won by them not learning or updating based on the realities of titan warfare etc.

The two big titan fights in this war were won tactically by our using Supers as fuckin' heavy tackle in one, and then using dual tanked buses instead of hull energizers in the other.

I don't have the insight into the inner workings of NCPL to know why that is, but I do suspect there are cultural reasons and not just "their FCs aren't as good" because I don't think that's true.

working mom posted:

:allears: please tell me more about a group you're not part of

Okay I mean what kind of stuff? Also where is the lie?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
You know poo poo's serious when someone is using the power of prayer.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Nyn posted:

This is how I interpreted said statement as well.

All those thoughts, prayers, and it's still the Eve thread. What a lame god :(

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Hexel posted:

:vince:

is one a fortnite clone?

Nah one is Clash of Clans or whatever and the other is ??? but supposed to be basically Eve but not connected to the universe

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
VNI for ratting now instead of an Ishtar. I just use a taxiceptor for travel but a nullified T3c is fine. Although honestly you're only in null for one jump before you're using the bridges.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Three smartbombing Machariels

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
It does, that's them insurance frauding their own poo poo, extremely honorably.

It prevents INIT from getting killmails, because everyone knows goons are completely and solely motivated by the killboard.

See Also: NCdot blowing up their own faction fortizars to deny us killmails.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
They'll open the Eve Gates to a new galaxy entirely and you can only fit Frigates through for the soft reboot.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dalael posted:

it's almost as if there's people of all types

Something is awful dot com is a land of contrasts

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

orange juche posted:

SESFAN QU'LAH IS #1

............................/´¯/)
..........................,/¯../
........................./..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Put this in your bio if you agree

Not empty quoting

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Join fleet, tackle a gate rat, etc.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
You can PLEX by AFK ratting in a VNI but as has been said you're not gonna make the big bucks that way. Salvaging can do better but it's active hours which makes it worse. Just give CCP money unless you're at a scale where you're pulling down PLEX money passively.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dalael posted:

i'm not sure what's being derailed here

well I mean we're mostly posting about Eve which by many definitions could be considered a derail

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

DrDork posted:

Undocking is literally the worst part about EvE. If you literally undock, you are literally doing it wrong.

Literally this, but logging in

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

chupacabraTERROR posted:

director level emptyquotes

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

orange juche posted:

Extremely valuable gas clouds have been discovered in the Pegasus constellation which have created a gold rush. ORE was quick to claim 'ownership' as the constellation borders its sovereign space, but the Serpentis and the Syndicate, as well as multiple entrepreneurs from the Gallente Federation, have all claimed their own piece of the pie. Inevitably collisions have occurred and the constellation has become a sort of 'warzone' between various groups of greedy claimants.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw sounding pretty cool yeah

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Hexel posted:

dang they gutted fanfest too? chinese overlords are going ham on ccp

They forgot to renew their contract with Harpa last year and lost the venue this year as a result so they decided to play it off as "we're going on a world tour and taking a break."

This was known by the end of last Fanfest I'm p sure or shortly after so it predates the PA purchase

So this is CCP fuckup classic instead of the new flavor.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

CainFortea posted:

So they forgot to pay their sov bills for fanfest?

lmao yeah literally this

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Wibla posted:

I can think of a few other things you can do in EVE that doesn't involve being in much danger, but is hella fun. Like suicide ganking, or executing bads in Delve :sun:

I mean the fun there comes from the fallout, not the thing itself, yeah?

It's not the gank or execution, it's the tears we make along the way.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
A lot of players at the "endgame" who have titan or super pilots or so on will drop their subs unless they are using them, this is pretty common practice.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Somebody scammed his alt for 300B

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I think the corp changes happened with the war dec stuff as part of a whole package to make that poo poo easier for new players getting owned by war decs in high sec. I'm not 100% sure tho.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
One of the problems that was causing mass disconnects during big tidi fights lately was straight up the client going "oh wow look at all these objects, need to call some more memory" and then exceeding the 4GB of memory it could handle and crashing

The 64 bit client isn't going to help tidi or w/e but it will stop dumb poo poo like that from happening hopefully

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
According to random rambling on the Internet it is SKINs in particular that are loading into memory for each ship and when 2000 ships are on the grid and each has a SKIN it apparently is just becoming a real fuckjob for gobbling up over the 4GB cap on memory

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
mods move Eve thread to cspam tia

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Remember when pearl abyss bought CCP explicitly because they are good at community stuff and half the price was gated behind performance and then CCP roasted an actual dude by name and had the gaming media trash his actual real life instead of staying focused on the thing and then that thing probably wasn't real at all??

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
poo poo I can't believe we lost a titan, this strategic asset will surely be missed.

Oh, a ratting titan.

lmao