Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Spy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Spy

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That's awesome.

Now stop posting.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
tbh it was around VFK siege that PL started to have the rot set in. A lot of toxic personalities started joining who were try hards and/or grrr goons.

The older members of PL actually liked goons or had a tongue in cheek grrr goons so the new guys copied them.

Mister Vee and I used to play a lot of HoN and L4D2 with them. People like Jogyn, Shadoo, Tappits, Jeffraider, Mr Spaghetti, Elise, Anders, Tinkeng, Shigsy, Nestor etc are actually all pretty cool guys to game with. Even they disliked a lot of the newer try hards who joined. My goddddd PL were awful in BF3 though.

Funny story. Around that time, I was in corp diplo and had a spy in NC. and because I gamed with PL, everyone thought I was a spy except Vile Rat (rip). It was a lot of fun watching the tinfoil poo poo they said in CD about anything PL. Some of them would try to connect the dots with anything remotely possible.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
PL's culture mostly evolved into good players to good players/try hards/toxic trolls.

They wanted to be very good which there isn't anything wrong with that and they did troll you for bad poo poo but it evolved into an arrogance and instead of doing a mistake and taking some trolling, it actually became something fun to take it too far. Older people members made fun of person X for a gently caress up in a joke way. Newer members made fun of someone in an almost bullying way.

It's similar to DBRB. DBRB has always got a lot poo poo. He's eccentric as gently caress but he's keen and does a lot of the dirty work. Older goons know this. They might not like him but they know his heart is in the right place. There was a period of time where a lot of newer people in the Imperium/CFC/Goons etc etc who saw the joke trolling of him and thought it was serious and quite a lot of the comments got pretty malicious. I don't know how things are now since I've not actually played for 2 years give or take

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

What no, boat is a truly reprehensible piece of poo poo, there was no joking.

I should have said I guess. Most older goons. There are some that do properly loathe him

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

gently caress dbrb except unironically. he deserves 100% of the mocking he receives, hth

Why?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I miss Scavok :(

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
No one should be allowed to post here.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any way to join jabber without resubbing? I heard you could at some point under the banner of vacationer but heard also that they stopped it. Got purged from waffe a few years back but there isn't any place to shoot poo poo with EVE goons outside of jabber that I know of.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What's this I hear about internal drama in test/Pl/NC. etc? Some former PL friends heard about it (they don't know much either).

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Stereotype posted:

man 10% tidi is brutal. I just watched it from my perch in my cloaky ceptor though, I still can't fly anything that can really help, but it was pretty amazing to see that bombing run.

Ceptors are great for fleets. I mostly flew one with an offline cyno. If the FC trusts you, you can do a lot for them even if he never uses you but he knows that you can be relied upon to be there for the fleet. . Bounces, align bounces, intel such as being ahead of the main fleet a few jumps. Even snagging some expensive ship or two while hostiles are bailing. Fleet ceptors are heavily under rated and never enough of them and most are bad.

I got a good rep for a ceptor pilot and for the multiple fleet stuff, I would bounce between fleets who needed something. Its a lot of fun playing a ceptor and I highly recommend it.

Don't fit for damage or tank. Go max speed. Speed is your defense. Carry 1 lovely gun if you want to whore on KM's.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone know if you get an email back from newbies@goonfleet.com if you bolloxed up you returning app?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Maneck posted:

Yours was fine. Unlike the rest of the inbox, which has a bunch of weird stuff that I've not seen before.

Thanks for pushing da buttan

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What's the deal with ISRAD rejoining? Penif and mittens made up?

Also, how come vily went over to test?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Junkiebev posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dare i??

Come baaack. I'll let vee know you are subbing

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How do you plan to stop ratting by dropping a keepstar in 8qt? Do you guys even look at maps?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Numismancer posted:

whatever you guys do please don't drop a keep deep in npc delve and move your whole coalition to it you'd be right in the center of our space and gosh that would be just awful for us none of us could rat or mine which is we all know why goons play eve online :ohdear:

No cyno jammer allowed, no go.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

do we still have the largest supercap fleet? why not helicopter dick

Dropping supers into tidi on an already set up fleet of other caps is usually a bad idea unless you have a big majority.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How is subcap logi in max tidi? Do you ever save anyone?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You always know if DGC posts while out drinking because you return and see a thread spike.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I am guilty of replying to DGC the other week.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I see this thread has got even more poo poo in 24 hours.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Building 500 dreads a week...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'm guessing bubbling a freighter with a core in it and log off and then after 15 mins drop KS on same position might be a thing.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Paging DGC for hot takes.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
God why do I bother.

DGC, do you not get that what you did was considered previously an exploit that any mid to large size alliance knew about? The fact CCP has said it so in the past (and suspended people) and then privately said gently caress it go for it and failed to tell anyone about the roll back of their old code of conduct.

The fact you also had upwards of 800 probes out is super suspect. I highly doubt you had 120 people out for probing. Also just loving lol that sabres we bubbling in the the bubbles. Just in case right? If you only had anchored bubbles up and a normal amount of probes out and not every sabre making GBS threads out bubbles within bubbles then maybe people might be just ahh well, well played.

Nice meta. Well done. But stop acting innocent and doing word play poo poo.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Kill ihub
Wait 3 weeks
Cyno Jam system
Kill KS
Rinse/repeat

EVE Online

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Dr. Pangloss posted:

What because I don't care about the construction jobs you were doing I'm a boot licker? gently caress you. Because I don't jump on a band wagon with obvious rabble rousing spys like xia jianhua that has ZERO pvp activity since april 2017 till September 2020. Not loving weird at all, and as far as I can tell has participated in ZERO none karma fleet operations since then.

I on the other hand was on all 5 keepstars, from before start till it was destroyed. I had alts in bombers, in ravens, in domis, and even an alt on a gate camp. I don't have a space job, i'm zero important, and Asher after 5 loving years STILL can't pronounce my drat name. I'm not salty, i'm not butt hurt mother fucker, i'm pissed off that goon bros are going after john hartley for being an angry guy, we've known this, he has tantrums, but he isn't a cruel or mean individual and he isn't unfair.

So you can take my 300+paps in this war, 10 years in this alliance and shove them up your rear end, it's toxic poo poo like you that bring this alliance down, not John having a melt down after MONTHS of running 10-12 hours worth of fleets ever day. Every second this goes on is another second post that you write just like TEST bitches in R/eve.

And for the record, I didn't even mention my killboard. Though every single one of the kills ON that green as gently caress killboard is and has been for the glory of the Imperium. My 90 bucks a month for the glory of the imperium. Now remind me, how is you belittling a "good goon" line member's efforts, any different than John Hartley yelling at a bad one during a fleet, or losing his temper on industrialists mooching off his citadels. Is that what you do all the time? Doesn't that coat of arms under your name mean you have an important space job? I'm just curious if that's what you do, snicker and laugh at the stupid loving grunts who spend a hundred bucks on subs, cuz I can't pay for it with ingame money any more... play for hours upon hours fighting the enemies of the Imperium? Fact is since CCP took the ways I made money away i have no option left BUT to pay for the subs, all for the glory of the Imperium. I was done, I'd won EvE, The Mittani called me back to defend our home.

I'm sure you were there for the 9 hour, 16 hour, 6 hour, 15 hour, of pain and glory of the Imperium and in the name of his Imperial Majesty, The Mittani, may he live forever. Xia sure as gently caress wasn't and THAT is my point in defending people who put in even more effort than me, against shitlers who fly a fleet every two weeks and SELL ship hulls to nerds at +Jita prices.

lmao gently caress off

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Playing EVE with one account sounds awful.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
49- with it's 49 moons PoS bash! Lets go.

Hopefully with this war, foviesov will get dumped. Ihub defense is dumb and fairly easy to flip back.

I think the upwell structures are pretty cool minus the tethering while onlining (wtf is this). Link sov to a citadel or something but fozziesov needs to gently caress off.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Who the gently caress is coming up with ideas for this game at CCP...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If you do fancy a bit of occasional low sec blapping, avoid podding people. It hammers your sec status.

Avoid if possible going below -5 overall sec status. Concord will appear in high sec.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

DGC773 posted:

Name me one good post since I dropped here?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Did PH really bring more people than Test to kill a fort in Test space....hehe....

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

notaspy posted:

Out of interest, why is noone in stain?

Stain space is a ball ache for capital logistics. It's lovely location means using hostile space to get anything in.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
something something a gently caress tonne of dread hulls something something

Sitting on 10's of trillions of ISK is dumb

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao, we get rid of DGC now this. Cripes

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

DGC773 posted:

Tonight we dine in 1DQ.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You didn't even eat the free beard the waiter gives you dumb loving oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Linking your skill sheet would be useful to see what you have or don't have.