Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I have the atelier cast with middling gear soloing the whole of OpSi, 'cept for the nasty fight in the middle I clear with OP UR fleets. Keeps things simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks for the OpSi input, its a bit more clear now.
What are the Map Coordinates [location] items for? They just take you to a normally accessible zone on the tactical map, not sure i see the point?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks for the OpSi input, its a bit more clear now.
What are the Map Coordinates [location] items for? They just take you to a normally accessible zone on the tactical map, not sure i see the point?

It's not a normally accessible zone (that would be a secure or explorable zone). They take you to a hidden zone (the ones with a chest icon)

quote:

Hidden Zone

Also known as Obscured Zones or Fractured Seas, these zones are created by Coordinate Loggers and are marked on the map by yellow treasure chests.

These zones always have Siren Rally Points spawning continuous reinforcements. Reinforcement fleets do not give XP or rewards, though the fleets defending the Rally Points or were initially on the map do. Reinforcement fleets either are only medium size (2 triangles) or have exactly two modifiers, while fleets that are large size (3 triangles) spawned at the beginning. Scanning can determine whether fleets are reinforcements or not.

Once all Siren Rally Points are destroyed, reward drops and an exit teleporter will spawn. On higher corrosion levels a Siren Rally Point may potentially only be reached once an associated Weather Control Tower has been destroyed.

Hidden Zones use the same Adaptive Tuning values of the respective regular zone.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I have seen, and often cleared (because they give Meta coords fast) the yellow chest zones. Didn’t realize they were tied to an item in my inventory, i habe just been accessing them via the map screen.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
I'm fairly sure a small number do spawn without any items, because I am also guilty of forgetting to use pretty much any items in OpSi but the stat boost purple cola containers, but yeah if you want to reliably max your 200 META points quickly, pop a few of those Coordinate Loggers and go at it

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I just realized I haven't seen any of the OpSi maze puzzles in months. Were those in the campaign only or have I just been avoiding those nodes? I've done the ones where everything is in fog of war and you have to clear them in order but I haven't seen any lately where the AI keeps stepping in to offer to solve it for you and you have to figure out how to get to the end between ice slides, switches and teleporters.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

bagrada posted:

I just realized I haven't seen any of the OpSi maze puzzles in months. Were those in the campaign only or have I just been avoiding those nodes? I've done the ones where everything is in fog of war and you have to clear them in order but I haven't seen any lately where the AI keeps stepping in to offer to solve it for you and you have to figure out how to get to the end between ice slides, switches and teleporters.

There's a limited number of those and once you clear them all, they don't show up again.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Serpentis posted:

I'm fairly sure a small number do spawn without any items, because I am also guilty of forgetting to use pretty much any items in OpSi but the stat boost purple cola containers, but yeah if you want to reliably max your 200 META points quickly, pop a few of those Coordinate Loggers and go at it

No, you need the item (coordinates) for them to spawn. But coordinates are a fairly common reward for clearing regular areas and the like.

As for the fastest way to get the 200 points, just enter a lvl 6 secured (safe) zone and grab all 7 chests for 105 points in 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat. You can clear them later.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
... If TB was a destroyer, I think I'd have to preemptively end Ark Royal now.

In all serious, how are you supposed to train tb in this event? As soon as she opened up advance classes she turned into a twitchy, ultrastressed girl who slept in all the time, scrambled to find things to do to keep her morale up, struggled to find the energy and money for her education, and turned into a hapless office lady.

While I can relate to this, I'd hoped to do better for my daughter.

killer_robot fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 8, 2024

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Don't spam advanced classes, bro.

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
Same result first time around. Then I went aggressive Tiger Mom and ended up with a NEET. :( Third time's the charm, right? I've reset my "3rd" try twice now. Had to sit down with a notepad and work out if getting 240 Dexterity was even possible lol

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Feels like the game uses a lot more battery in the recentmost update (ios)
Doing 15 stages of the event takes me from 100% to 82%

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I think the key to TBmagotchi is keeping your mood above 60 because the bonus to stat gain is pretty huge.

When you're planning activities, don't plan any activities that reduce your mood below 60 during the week because any mood boosts you get during the week are only added at the end. Like, if you start the week at 74 mood, only plan activities that reduce your mood by a maximum of 14 or else you will lose the stat bonus.

For outside events, I think the best plan is to go to the Gastronomy area, work for the money, buy the mood food, go to the Amusement Park for more mood, then go to the Holiday area and go fishing and camping for more money and mood. This will maximize your mood and money.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Welp. Finished her life goals with 5 weeks to spare and... she still turns into a NEET.

I don't get this thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

killer_robot posted:

Welp. Finished her life goals with 5 weeks to spare and... she still turns into a NEET.

I don't get this thing.

Finishing the goals doesn't actually get you an ending. The requirements for each ending can be seen by going to Memories > Endings. If you meet a requirement for an ending the text will turn orange. If you meet all the requirements you get the ending.

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

What happens if you don't finish the growth goals? Does it end early or just not progress?

I'm determined to get this single ending and never touch this side game ever again, but it is killing me orz

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
I really wish they would add a tame loading screen toggle, there are times where I'm at work and just don't feel like answering awkward questions! So then I don't progress stuff like opsi. Though thanks for your advice awhile back, I finally got to the point I got the reset timer to appear!

And what is the point of TB? Does she replace your secretary? Do something special? Give Chris Hansen your location if you finish her quest?

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

What happens if you don't finish the growth goals? Does it end early or just not progress?

I'm determined to get this single ending and never touch this side game ever again, but it is killing me orz

There's a built in time limit, but the growth goals just give you a huge boost if you win it. It's not mandatory, and doesn't give you a good ending by itself. If you just do the growth goals, you get the NEET ending.

Finagle posted:

And what is the point of TB? Does she replace your secretary? Do something special? Give Chris Hansen your location if you finish her quest?

Purely and entirely cosmetic excuse to throw in an overly long, repetitive, Princess Maker module to the game. They give you an extra secretary devoted to whatever you've done with her and that's the only award. TB herself is the Siri that assists you with OpSi missions. She's an expressionless virtual assistant you suddenly decide needs a personality for 'personal growth'.

killer_robot fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 12, 2024

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

killer_robot posted:

There's a built in time limit, but the growth goals just give you a huge boost if you win it. It's not mandatory.
Finally did it, I'm freeeeeeeee! :byodood:
I don't know if they nerfed it slightly or if RNG was just extremely nice to me this go around... took like 10 tries, jfc

Ending cg spoiler: https://i.imgur.com/5HltyIp.png

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Good job, only 8 more to go!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Livestream time!

New event is from 2/29 to 3/14.

They're talking about Sovetsky Soyuz but we've been faked out before...

UR ship is in fact Soyuz!

Also appearing are...

SSR Destroyer Ognevoy (IRL Ognevoy literally had Tashkent's guns salvaged from her wreck, so hopefully she's at least as good)
Elite Battleship Poltava (wait they're already into the Elites?), she's Gangut's sister
Elite Destroyer Svirepy (NOT Ognevoy, I was faked out because they kept saying Ognevoy while they were talking about her)
SSR Pamiat Merkuria META!

That's it for new ships. Looks like Pamiat is the map drop/shop ship, same as with U-556 META from Bismark Zwei's event. There's a gold battleship gun in the shop, presumably Soyuz's intended armament. Svirepy is the point accumulation ship. That means only Soyuz, Ognevoy, and Poltava will be rated up on the banner.

Skins are "Phantom Thief" themed, that's literally the text on the side of each skin preview (Persona 5 collab incoming? /s)

Soyuz gets a L2D.
Ognevoy, Poltava, Svirepy get standard skins.
Monarch and (wtf) Abercrombie also get standard skins.
Allen M Sumner gets a Dynamic skin that does NOT look like her lol. Does look very Persona 5 though.
Soyuz, Sumner, and Ognevoy are the rentable skins.

Looks like they're rerunning some skins, including Shimakaze's Alice in Wonderland skin, Shinano's swimsuit skin, and Ulrich van Hutten's race queen skin.

Now they're announcing JP's favorite ship vote results. Kearsarge is 4, Hindenburg is 5, surprisingly Shimakaze is all the way down at 10. 1 is Unzen, 2 is Musashi, 3 is Taihou.

They're showing off "Battlesuit Shikikan" sprites, not sure of the context. Oh, it's merch. Not gonna bother reporting any of the rest of the merch stuff.

That's all the non-merch/RL news. I'll get pictures of the other new ships once the announcement tweets get made so I can steal the images.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 24, 2024

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did single pulls and managed to get Soyuz on the third one. Her passives seem pretty good

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, Soyuz is good. It's currently being debated and mathed out whether she's a top 3 battleship for generic situations, but even if not, she's still a UR faction buffer with a great barrage.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm hoping to get her sooner than later for my Chkalov research xp farm but I'm at 80/200 and ran out of gold. I've got the cubes to hit pity eventually if needed but hopefully it doesn't go that far. Then again I've always been lucky with URs so I'm overdue for some bad luck.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Got all the rate up ships in 40 pulls.

cousin.avi
Oct 1, 2005

50 pulls so far and no Soyuz or Meta. Plenty of cubes but perpetually short on cash is the story of my naval career.

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

With every new event, I'm reminded how utterly spoiled we are with auto-search and repeat sortie...

I don't wanna limp around the map 3 squares at a time...

Oh, "neat", I didn't actually click Battle, how long has this been sitting here doing nothing?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

Oh, "neat", I didn't actually click Battle, how long has this been sitting here doing nothing?

Exactly this.

AL is a fun little time waster, with a good balance of its daily expected time consumption vs new content vs progression. Probably the gacha i have played the longest.
I usually burn out from gear shuffling fatigue, having to balance set bonuses vs stat bonuses and like 8 other categories of numbers is mindblowingly unfun.
These formulaic AL map event grinds/chores aren't far off in terms of unfun though.

Do 7 fights then boss, do 3 fights then boss, do 3 fights then boss, yay 3 stars on C1.
Do 7 fights then boss, do 3 fights then boss, do 3 fights then boss, yay 3 stars on C2.
Do 9 fights then boss, do 5 fights then boss, do 5 fights then boss, yay 3 stars on C3.
Do 11 fights then boss, do 5 fights then boss, do 5 fights then boss, yay 3 stars on D1.
Do 12 fights then boss, do 6 fights then boss, do 6 fights then boss, yay 3 stars on D2.
Do 12 fights then boss, do 6 fights then boss, do 6 fights then boss, yay 3 stars on D3.

And every single fight needs to be navigated to manually, entered manually, started manually.
And to think i did this for A, B, C and D on every event until the previous one, welp.

I usually take 3-4 days to get 3 stars on D3.

Other than that AL is pretty good. OpSi is pretty fun now that i have finally figured out the tricks. For February's OpSi i got every single gear lab item.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

1,000 years dungeon for whoever decided to make a META boss that you have to fight on manual.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah this one i probably wont be able to get to 25k/6*

I cant even clear level 6 in 1 fight. Previous one i could do 13 in 1 fight, 15 in 4.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Been kinda slacking on OpSi 'cuz I really don't need anything in there and there's only so many times you can single shot Kirov. What's up with this fight?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If your main fleet fires within 1.5 seconds of each other the boss becomes invincible.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Oh lol, add another half foot to that hole you're gonna put Helena in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The design for HMS Anson in the coming event has made everyone mad. She's literally Cherino, the tiny Stalin parody from Blue Archive.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Yeah I dunno why they changed the "theme" of the King George V class ships. Having one weird sister really stands out.

Warspite and Elizabeth are funny as a pair but Anson doesn't fit with the rest at all. Is Anson like the youngest ship or something else unique about her?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OGS-Remix posted:

Yeah I dunno why they changed the "theme" of the King George V class ships. Having one weird sister really stands out.

Warspite and Elizabeth are funny as a pair but Anson doesn't fit with the rest at all. Is Anson like the youngest ship or something else unique about her?

Nope. Howe was the last KGV to enter service.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Confirmation pending, but it sounds like the Anson design was so disliked by the EN and CN servers alike they’re axing the design totally.
Anson may or may not appear again later
Looks like replacement in the event slot *might* be another KMS paper CA, Friedrich Carl?

Edit: if so thank god, that Anson design would have been a fine submarine but was awful for a KGV battleship

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 24, 2024

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

What was the design like?

VV: Oh yeah that's not good at all. Not unsalvageable, but yeah, I'd April Fools cope with that too

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 24, 2024

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Serperoth posted:

What was the design like?

Even as someone who is very lenient on ship designs... it's pretty awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

It's telling that one of the first big EN community reactions was copium-praying that it was an April Fool's joke on the line of her being the 1911 dreadnought HMS Centurion disguised in WW2 as HMS Anson* because it is that unfitting for a King George V class battleship.

Another thought was that it was a British submarine design that got repurposed for Anson (because apparently the Royal Navy is not allowed to have submarines...?) but that's neither here or there to me to be honest; just not a good design at all IMO and glad it's been nuked away.

*(not very successfully at all, mind you)

EDIT: And yep, we've had Friedrich Carl slotted in to replace Anson in the upcoming SSR slot she would have had.

So the update now looks like:

HMS Nubian (SSR, Tribal class destroyer a la Eskimo)
<not announced on EN Twitter yet but I've seen a CN image announced>
KMS Friedrich Carl (?SSR? CA ... I have no idea what paper design she is meant to be)
<no English language image yet I assume because of the whole Anson kerfuffle, I'll find her CN image in a bit>
HMS Devonshire (SR CA, London class, might be the last one of her class actually)
https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1771144796733669712/photo/1
HMS Liverpool (SR CL, Gloucester class)
https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1771205201862721863/photo/1

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 24, 2024