Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Go Speed Racer! Go Speed Racer! Go Speed Racer! Go!

Sorry, but thanks to you I finally know why that’s stuck in my head lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I never managed to take out those early helicopters, didn't know you could. I just shot down the barricades fast as possible and ran on into the next room.

Pro tip you didn't pick up on- you can shoot lights and furniture in the laser maze to open pathways and kill enemies with explosions- very helpful to have the lasers help you take out the bad guys.

Definitely use Barrage attacks against Vlad- they're very damaging. Glad you found the Heavy Machine Gun- I was going to point it out if you didn't.

The next level is my favorite, you probably already know why.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Museum Level is my favorite for a number of reasons. The opening cutscene is one- dissension in the enemy ranks nearly leading to them getting things started, and then Tequila sees Billie for the first time in fifteen years and the expression on his face- he is so visibly upset. Then you got great action and so many interesting set pieces I can't recall seeing in another FPS. The challenge is nice too- so many enemies and so little cover in a lot of places. The health packs are welcome, but more so is that music you hear when all the enemies in an area are dead.

The Russians in SWAT gear are probably the Mafiya's equivalent of Spetsnaz, doesn't surprise me the Russian Mob has one.

BTW, there is a special Achievement for the Museum-

Paleontologist (Bronze)

In the Chicago History Museum level, completely destroy the Brachiosaurus or the T-Rex.

That is what Paleontologists do in real life, right? Shoot up and destroy dinosaur skeletons? :D

I have pulled it off, but it takes a lot of deliberate shooting. You have to get every bone and leave just the frame. Some bones are load-bearing and set off chain reactions if shot, that helps.

The boss fight isn't that great, but they do get style points for the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit (way to endanger Asia's greatest artistic achievement, Mr. Woo!) and giving the boss a Golden Pistol. Oh, and btw, if he were the Russian equivalent of Tequila, his name would probably be Vodka or Mule. :D

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The boss fight in this video never impressed me, but at least we get more of the plot. I hate that smoke room too, although rooms I hate more are ahead.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Betcha they cut a car chase level between this one and the next. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
You can totally shoot Dapang when he's on the balcony (it does about as much damage to him as it does to Wong), but it's a lot funnier to see his entire life bar vanish after one barrage. :D

Barrages are very good against the Broadsword- I'm surprised you didn't use them.

Thanks for the LP.

• Locked thread