Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Haruharuharuko posted:

I weirdly want to try this but really just on console because I could use another controller mmo

Ooh right, I forgot this is coming to console. If there is cross platform progression, I want to play this on console too and go back and forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My aion story is i played healer.

And after getting enough KDP to get the drop from the boss i needed the guild leader gave it to his egirlfriend.

So next raid was some huge thing i cant even remember but it was important. (I think it was in a zone where the otehr side could come and gently caress with you? so we had to do it quickly or something. Its been so long.)

So i was one of the main healers for this raid and i just didnt heal the right people and we failed hard. LOL.

guild leader was frothing at the mouth on vent and i just replied ingame with "so can i get my XXXXX (whatever the gently caress the item was) now?"

I dont think i logged in again after that.

Oh i have another aion story. Healing dungeons, picking up a pug that was rolling on poo poo he couldnt even use.
So i stopped healing him.

And as he is dead on the floor asking why the gently caress i wasnt healing him i replied " youve been ninja'ing on rolls, i cant see ninjas, so i cant heal you.

he left and we cleared the dungeon.

So,
yeah dont play it, it sucks

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It sounds more like the game sucks and you have bad social skills

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Third World Reagan posted:

It sounds more like the game sucks and you have bad social skills

Of course the game sucks. It's an MMO.

Of course they have no social skills. They are an MMO player.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Meskhenet posted:

And after getting enough KDP to get the drop from the boss i needed the guild leader gave it to his egirlfriend.

So next raid was some huge thing i cant even remember but it was important. (I think it was in a zone where the otehr side could come and gently caress with you? so we had to do it quickly or something. Its been so long.)

So i was one of the main healers for this raid and i just didnt heal the right people and we failed hard. LOL.

guild leader was frothing at the mouth on vent and i just replied ingame with "so can i get my XXXXX (whatever the gently caress the item was) now?"

Oh i have another aion story. Healing dungeons, picking up a pug that was rolling on poo poo he couldnt even use.

And as he is dead on the floor asking why the gently caress i wasnt healing him i replied " youve been ninja'ing on rolls, i cant see ninjas, so i cant heal you.

So,

I feel like playing healer was something of a power play for you and you should play a different role in MMOs

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Funny how those stories have absolutely nothing to do with Aion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something I miss about MMORPGs, is that high you got from grinding mobs and getting a really good drop that was a nice upgrade for your character. Nowadays you just do simple and really easy quests that give you what you need and then you move on. My mmo brain worms wants to play an MMO where its primarily about just grinding, and hoping for something nice to drop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You could play one of the new final fantasy solo games or a xenoblade game

basically the same thing but solo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Something I miss about MMORPGs, is that high you got from grinding mobs and getting a really good drop that was a nice upgrade for your character. Nowadays you just do simple and really easy quests that give you what you need and then you move on. My mmo brain worms wants to play an MMO where its primarily about just grinding, and hoping for something nice to drop.

black desert is right there op :v

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Truga posted:

I keep trying Black Desert, a few goons have helped too, but I can't get into the combat and world, it just doesn't appeal to me. Sucks, because its such a popular MMO that a lot of people really enjoy.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Truga posted:

What drops are you grinding for to upgrade your character in BDO? Like at that point, MapleStory qualifies as well, even though all the relevant gear drops are from bossing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Truga posted:

rose online is right there op :v

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone ever try Blade and Soul? It's f2p, made a character. I'm only a couple of hours in but I'm having fun. Game is gorgeous. Apparently they upgraded the graphics some time in the last couple of years. No idea what people think of this one because I've never read anything about it.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

So,

that all has nothing to do with aion. Just leave the party/guild instead of doing this passive aggressive poo poo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gwrtheyrn posted:

What drops are you grinding for to upgrade your character in BDO? Like at that point, MapleStory qualifies as well, even though all the relevant gear drops are from bossing

there's drops that let you upgrade your armor pieces where either you get 100 smol drops and then combine them, or you get 1 big drop you can use directly, and it's tuned so on average you get 1 full drop every 100 smol drops. so if you get unlucky you can still upgrade your item in a reasonable timeframe, but if you get lucky you'll be done quick

then i guess there's the necklace grind everyone's doing right now because they added an item that lets you upgrade it without a chance of downgrading, but that's more of a "get many many necklaces and gamble" grind than a 1 big drop grind like the above

like, black desert has a ton of issues, but if you just want to zone out and grind 10s of thousands of enemies while very slowly getting your levels and gear, you really can't do better right now lol

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Truga posted:

there's drops that let you upgrade your armor pieces where either you get 100 smol drops and then combine them, or you get 1 big drop you can use directly, and it's tuned so on average you get 1 full drop every 100 smol drops. so if you get unlucky you can still upgrade your item in a reasonable timeframe, but if you get lucky you'll be done quick

Or, unless things have changed, you just grind somewhere else that makes more silver because a lot of the rare drop grind spots had horribly nerfed silver income compared to ones that didn't, and then you just buy one from an idiot who sells it. Like there are always drops you can use, but for the longest time, the best solution was always to just buy the drop because the market price limit was too low as was the silver income at the spot it dropped. The only drops people actually grinded for themselves when I stopped were either things that could only be gotten for yourself at the time (infinite potion, compass, map, etc) or were just not available on the market because the only people getting them would never sell them (e.g. debo necks).

Maybe things have changed, but for the longest time, BDO was a 'just buy everything' game, and silver income was what mattered. Flames were in the game already, but they were market price capped at 'dirt cheap'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Trying to play Throne and Liberty right now, in a queue size of 1355 so far.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gwrtheyrn posted:

Or, unless things have changed, you just grind somewhere else that makes more silver because a lot of the rare drop grind spots had horribly nerfed silver income compared to ones that didn't, and then you just buy one from an idiot who sells it. Like there are always drops you can use, but for the longest time, the best solution was always to just buy the drop because the market price limit was too low as was the silver income at the spot it dropped. The only drops people actually grinded for themselves when I stopped were either things that could only be gotten for yourself at the time (infinite potion, compass, map, etc) or were just not available on the market because the only people getting them would never sell them (e.g. debo necks).

Maybe things have changed, but for the longest time, BDO was a 'just buy everything' game, and silver income was what mattered. Flames were in the game already, but they were market price capped at 'dirt cheap'

idk, the highest silver per hour i make at my AP is also where i'm working on labreska flames, and when i hit 300ap i'm gonna be grinding the poo poo out of highlands, because that's the highest silver for my class at that ap and i get the ator flames there

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Going through the tutorial stuff right now, and this feels a bit clunky. I think its partly because the tutorial just wants you to play in very specific ways, and im still getting use to the controls. So I need to give it more time, and get into normal gameplay.

[edit]
Getting into the normal gameplay now, and this game is ultra beautiful looking. The world is really impressive.

[edit]
Ooh god this is one of those Korean MMOs where crafting has a chance to fail.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 11, 2024

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Truga posted:

idk, the highest silver per hour i make at my AP is also where i'm working on labreska flames, and when i hit 300ap i'm gonna be grinding the poo poo out of highlands, because that's the highest silver for my class at that ap and i get the ator flames there

They must have changed their philosophy on this then, because turos was basically always garbage when those flames were the latest thing.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

LOL

are there really people defending bullshit players being trolled in an MMO here on SA.

Where you in the same guild and lost out on that boss? or were you the pug in a guild party rolling on items you couldnt possibly use ?

Maybe you need a new fishing pact!

And speaking of fishing pacts. Archage 2 is set for release 2026 or so

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Meskhenet posted:

lol I looked up the first game just now and was surprised to learn that its still running. I swore it shut down.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

lol I looked up the first game just now and was surprised to learn that its still running. I swore it shut down.

Archeage fresh start mk2 unchained final season 3

Or whatever they call it these days

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
What the hell did you guys do in Throne and Liberty? One of the mods missent a message referencing SA and then banned me for asking about it. They do not seem like happy campers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PadreScout posted:

What the hell did you guys do in Throne and Liberty? One of the mods missent a message referencing SA and then banned me for asking about it. They do not seem like happy campers.

wait where did you see this message?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I have a new reasonable hypothesis.

Either way, meh. It's not for me. An hour of my life I'll never get back. Wasted more time on dumber stuff before and I'll probably do so again.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 11, 2024

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

I said come in! posted:

Ooh god this is one of those Korean MMOs where crafting has a chance to fail.

Mr. Neutron posted:

That is yet another in a long line of Korean pay to win garbage, no?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Meskhenet posted:

LOL

are there really people defending bullshit players being trolled in an MMO here on SA.

Where you in the same guild and lost out on that boss? or were you the pug in a guild party rolling on items you couldnt possibly use ?

Maybe you need a new fishing pact!

Your first story is borderline acceptable but only because you were playing in a guild that uses dkp and those kinds of guilds always deserve mockery.

Your second story is not acceptable. That's just being a dick.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
rift was also notable for getting rid of their wow-style "you can't play with each other" faction split in their first expansion, and not only did it work out great and proved factions are dumb but it saved the game which was not doing well at the time and then made a strong comeback

unfortunately the game went super p2w in the second expansion and that killed it so fuckin bad, you couldn't raid if you didn't spend money on earring slots or the overpowered-on-purpose extra classes

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Tried the throne & blade / blade & throne, whatever it's called. Wow, does that thing have the worst forced animations continually that I have ever seen - from "transform into travel mode for (activity)" to "open a door" to "Rappel from object to object". Everything feels janky and I think I can understand why overseas responses were they hate it. Oh and the motion blur is turned to an extreme level and is absolutely hilarious until turned off.

It also defaults to max graphics settings at the start and you can't change it for a while (part wau through the intro) which means the intro isn't just awful but doesn't run the best. Meanwhile even lowering to minimum graphics on AMD hardware doesn't help either.

Skills are like a guild wars clone which sounds nicer than it deserves.

I'm sorry, I thought this would be interesting and it's like an attempt at making an assassin's creed MMO without any effort whatsoever.

Even as a free game I'd consider Neverwinter before this.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Anyone try reign of guilds? The developers are in the Steam community making fun of people’s negative posts by looking through their list of games and calling out “anime game” players as outside their target audience which is such stupid PR I’m curious how the game actually works in practice

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Frog Act posted:

Anyone try reign of guilds? The developers are in the Steam community making fun of people’s negative posts by looking through their list of games and calling out “anime game” players as outside their target audience which is such stupid PR I’m curious how the game actually works in practice

Oh goody, do I get to watch a company commit suicide in real time due to fragile male software developer ego?

This is one of my favorite pastimes!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Frog Act posted:

On the one hand, knowing that an MMO specifically is not targeting anime game players makes me more interested in it. On the other hand, that’s some monumentally stupid dev behavior. On the third hand, Reign of Guilds is such a terrible, generic and lazy name that there is no way the game is good.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kedo posted:

Oh goody, do I get to watch a company commit suicide in real time due to fragile male software developer ego?

This is one of my favorite pastimes!

Too anime. You're not our target audience!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gwrtheyrn posted:

They must have changed their philosophy on this then, because turos was basically always garbage when those flames were the latest thing.

yeah idk, not all new content is good, but they're at least trying new things now

also, hell freezing over

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

stranger of paradise is at least capturing my loot goblin itch

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Reign of Guilds is what happens after the Guild Wars are over, right?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

canonically Guild Wars takes place immediately after the end of the Guild Wars. Guild Wars 2 takes place 200 300 years after the end of the Guild Wars

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 15, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao I got an e-mail about Legends of Aria Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
feel the thrill and nostalgia for a game released 5 years ago