Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hello

good to meet you

How do you do

Let us go play dragons dogma online

Here are things you need

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xIB_oSBkVg2i_sADxUBsf5B_e-RDh0jZ

https://discord.gg/MezsqmJ

maybe this

https://github.com/riftcrystal/DDON-Translation/releases/tag/03030004.a-PR

also VPN information

You need one for account creation and logging in, after that you can turn the vpn off and use a mask

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/comments/3lhqt4/vpn_workaround/

quote:

Hey everyone,

As you know, you're now forced to use a VPN to play the game (unless you use the proxy workaround). To work around this:

Run command prompt as an administrator

Enter the following: route add 106.185.74.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 <default gateway>

Replace <default gateway> with your router's default gateway without the <> (just look up on google how to find this and make sure that your VPN is turned off when getting this information)

Log into the game with the VPN turned on then simply disconnect the VPN once you're in the character select screen or in-game!

See edit if you want to make this route persistent over reboots

Can't be certain if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. Also, we don't know if DDO is now watching IP addresses so just play with it on if you're worried!

PS. If you need to remove the route just enter: "route delete 106.185.74.0". Be careful not to do anything else to your route table as this can potentially make it so that you are unable to connect to the internet.

EDIT: If you want to make it persistent, just add the flag -p in the route add command as follows: route -p add 106.185.74.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 <default gateway>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jimlit posted:

So I tried this out a few days ago and ended up giving up cause the launcher was totally blacked out every time I opened it. Nothing on reddit seemed to solve my issue. you ever seen this problem before?

lol I am attempting to navigate this poo poo right now and holy crap is using reddit and discord a loving mess as far as organization on what you need to do

I'll update it later if I get it working

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I downloaded dragons dogma and english patch, the loving discord and reddit is not very good so I ended up patching 6 gigs over a vpn. Thank you mudfish vpn for being cheap.

I can put a torrent up of the game, 32 gigs, but I don't know a good open torrent tracker.

It would come patched to what ever you need today and include english patch. So to play you would just need to make an account and use vpn to log into the game and get to the character screen. After that a VPN can be turned off if you have the mask set up.

This is more work than most people want to do, and I don't even know if the game is fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Current status

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Playing dragons dogma online right now with a few friends

Even made a torrent to get the game client over to them via a not vpn

But you have to launch the game with a vpn, select your character, and then you can kill the vpn no longer requiring it.

NordVPN is a lowtax sponsored thing but I still have mudfish, a lovely korean one that I put 5 bucks into about 8 years ago and haven't run out of money yet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've set it up for about 5 people now and it is fun. But there are currently some newbie traps.

If you never played dragons dogma, each class you level up can unlock passives that any class can equip.

The trick to this is to level up one class, probably a red dps class, then level your pawn up as well, and if you want to level something else afterwards, use your pawn to power level you.

But so far it isn't that bad of a game, you just won't read any of the plot ever.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is.

Also alchemist is one of the two "blue" classes which means mostly a tank.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I do not think so. I would have to ask the reddit discord about that, but this looks a lot more like a mmo without that stupid class stat gain poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

I really hate everyone who shows me DD Online. High Scepter is the exact thing I like to play.

I don't suppose you can respec appearance like in DD itself?

Armor has fashion slots for you and your pawn that you unlock via questing. Not sure about characters.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

You are making me extremely unhappy that it hasn't come out here.

https://vine.co/v/iPzawtdue6x

Also

I have never been afraid of fan translated japanese f2p games but I am a fan of bad games. A little bit of wiggle wag writing has never stopped me from a good time.

And right now they are throwing items and experience at new players as a catch up thing. I got one vocation to level 40 within about 10 minutes of play, then did a dumb thing and got another one up. There is more free money and experience coming in a few days.

And chat on server 13 is mostly english.

EDIT: about to get my third pawn.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 2, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://ddon.wikidot.com/cashshop:home

We used the third anniversary gashapon with the free stuff they gave us and got some nice things from it.

It looks like it is 2-5 dollars a roll, but lol if you pay real money for any gashapon.

http://ddon.wikidot.com/treasurelots:home

Their premium stuff is chest expansion, some small benefits, or a combination of for 5, 15, or 17 usd a month and eh, it isn't really needed.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

No pvp that I know of. MMO is a lose term here. As much as vindictus is a mmo, so is dragons dogma online.

You have a hub you can see people in, an open world you can travel in and bring 3 pawns / friends but that is instanced to you. There are also some extreme missions that you can take 8 people in and so far that has been great for power leveling new players.

The first one is level 40 or 45 and then every 5 levels after that. But if you are below that level, you get a flat amount of exp. If you are above it, you get reduced. Group size doesn't seem to change experience in the extreme missions.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Speaking of pvp, I still wish more games took everquest 2s approach of skills where your skills has a pvp effect and pve effect. Some skills change completely in what it did since CC for 30 seconds is great for pve but awful for pvp.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Full vpn mode is what we use for the login screen.

Been using jp linode whatever most of the time. turn on mudfish, turn on full vpn if it isn't on, if it isn't on relog on mudfish, once it is loaded and 100%, turn on launcher (the launcher goes slow), load game, get to character select, turn off mudfish.

That works for us. Green latency.

Make sure you do the reddit ip mask as well if you want to turn mudfish off.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh boy new event for costumes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is that idea in a space game and awful

https://store.steampowered.com/app/574070/Space_Wars_Interstellar_Empires/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Harrow posted:

God drat it I might have to give it a try

Do you have to do things to unlock classes like Alchemist and High Scepter?

Not exactly.

You start the game as one of four classes in the tutorial and then once you are out of it can go to the inn in the main town and change to any class you want except high scepter. That takes a small walking quest.

Also meet the dreaded catoblepas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwdbyRDWwI

As for pawn training, they seem to mimic you if you play as that class but there is also a training thing where the more you play with them, the more conditions you can set such as target this size creature first or if boss is enraged, try to do this move.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Image for pawn training

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Japan doesn't understand the western market.

also they love gambling and loving you in a more hardcore way than american companies do

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

I appreciate the effort but I'm not gonna do VPN trickery and then try and decipher Japanese menus

VPN trickery is needed but most of us playing right now are using mudfish, put 5 dollars into it years ago, and still have change.

But the menus are 90% in english.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is nice to dream that you have a wife.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I agree but I just wish they deleted your character sooner.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am having a fun time in dragons dogma online even if it is pretty much dungeons and dragon.

The worst so far has been killing certain monsters to unlock new skills. But that doesn't seem so bad since it is varied enough.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Let me tell you guys about a game. Probably has alexander delarges seal of approval.

Also it is not a mmo, maybe it is, whatever.

In the line of other games such as tiger knight and conquerors blade, kingdom under fire II is coming to PC release.

But wait, what is this game?

A game that has been in development hell since 2008 and during one beta, was so full of gashapon mechanics it makes me smile. You pick a class and then 3 units to join you in battle for a semi rts / dyntasty warriors game.

If you wanted to level up said unit, sure, ok, level up your cav. But you want it to go from 1 star to 2 start? Donate it and get a random unit back. Congrats, your 1 star cav turned into 2 star muskets.

This may still be in and may not be in. Who knows!

But what I do know is 100 dollar preorders.

This is the closest you are getting to a mmo. I am sorry.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://youtube.com/watch?v=d08NhEr50sw&t=14m37s

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The dokev trailer is out

nothing really great just a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtcQl41oFQI

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

trip report

having fun in kingdom under fire 2

tutorial is 10 levels

18 it starts to get good

25 it is amazing

no idea how bad max level is (30)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

30 dollar buy in
5 dollar (really 10 dollar) cosmetics
Most cosmetics can be earned with in game currency
Gashapon for troops has been removed, but the grind is there for the high tier troops

I have not regretted it yet and the game constantly changes and introduces new things as you level

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I got to 30 and it definitely changes there.

Some troops are a rare chance drop from some maps. Some of those maps can only be done 3 times a day. That kinda sucks.

To get your poo poo to 5 star takes a bit, but it is achievable. Your units unlock more skills and passives and they rank up.

You can't dive through units very much without high risk. Mages own. Countering mages own.

A few friends and I are in a guild called OrcsForConsent, not my name, but whatever.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Stormgale posted:

Don't do this to me

Post in the thread

well more

do it

It isn't really a mmo but it is online

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

age of wushu broke me and I can't find anything with that sort of combat or freedom of movement and no western developer would get anywhere near that

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Truga posted:

as part of the patches that enable you to replay old quests.

this sounds like a huge turn off

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

EDIT: wrong thread

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lube banjo posted:

Where are all of the MMOJRPGs at anyway? I want a turn-based MMO with multiple characters and good writing. Like multi-boxing EQ back in the day, but officially supported

Uh there was one and it is only for whales now.

http://at.valofe.com/

At one point you got from an ogre tactics game to some weird xcom game and this is just for no reason.

Or you can just do phone games.

But most of those suck even with an emulator.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 30, 2019

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jebediah posted:

Here's an MMO BR called Hunter's Arena: Legends. 60 people, 3 man teams, PvE element for gear and level ups.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1061100/Hunters_Arena_Legends/

Go ham.

nice battle royale game not mmo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A shame so many people missed the no horse rules of age of wushu

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I care about story in an mmo at times but FF14 was really bad story.

I really only liked the latest expansion and felt everything else was forced upon you.

Also that you can't skip it but can pay to skip it is some bullshit.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I like reading stories

I hate reading bad stories

FF14 is a land of contrasts

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A shame we will never see dragons dogma online in the west. It was fun via vpn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

shores of hazeron