Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
League of Legends MMO called RUNETERRA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

https://reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/ac7vez/is_riot_games_working_on_an_mmorpg_entitled/

It seems as if my original post here is possibly coming true?

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

I said come in! posted:

A League of Legends MMORPG would probably be the game to overthrow World of Warcraft and re-energize the MMORPG genre.

Re-energize the gaming market as a whole.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

no it isn't. fortnite is more popular.

Of All Time, I don’t think so.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah lol wasn't the most popular of all time either (for example dota1 had as many matches in china on its three biggest clients as league had worldwide at its height). and i was just speaking of now.

Glenn Quebec posted:

According to some wiki list and by a metric I didn't pay attention to it's Tetris, Minecraft and GTAV.

Ohhhh explains a lot. But still I want a LoL MMORPG this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Ehud posted:

I think Fortnite is the most well known game of the last five years in the US.

Athletes play Fortnite and do the in game dance emotes as celebrations. Drake played the game with the top Fortnite streamer. They do news stories about it on Today and GMA. It has huge mainstream popularity.

They profited 3 billion last year.

It’s crazy money cuz of kids. But I just need a good MMo, and the only company I actually see giving Blizzard a run for their money is riot games.