Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
if you're looking to scratch that old style MMO itch, UO Outlands is huge and is releasing their next expansion Q1 2024 - if you played UO back in the day and wondered what a spiritual successor to t2a would look like if designed in the last few years, come check it out

https://uooutlands.com/news/the-wildlands-expansion-coming-q4-2023/

thread here come play with us!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i've been playing sod and i haven't encountered any of the parse/speedrun obsessed people outside of the class discords (which is largely what those are for)

find/start a guild that doesn't give a poo poo about logging and you can entirely ignore them, it's not like any of these fights are complex enough for any of this poo poo to matter

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
if you join a speedrunning guild ya it's gonna be filled with those psychos

i've been playing sod since it launched in november after not having played wow since like 2011 and i've not encountered a single one in the wild, the problem is largely overstated if you don't surround yourself with clowns

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you could punch jwilsons in UO in the 90s, it's been derivative for decades