Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Just one big one that exploded into a bunch of small ones.

http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Ulysses_1994XF04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
6 had those stupid super cluster missiles fired by a large rail gun in the arctic. It also had an airborne aircraft carrier and flying support battleships.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
drat I really want to replay 5 and 0 now

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I never got to play 6 so I'm looking forward to this on PC.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wrr posted:

How many loving asteroids does strangereal have to deal with in order to justify two mega-weapons

the big one that caused all the conflicts these games are about is supposed to have done some cowboy bebop poo poo and the planet basically has a debris ring now

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

the big one that caused all the conflicts these games are about is supposed to have done some cowboy bebop poo poo and the planet basically has a debris ring now

Sick I want a mission that takes place up there.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wrr posted:

Sick I want a mission that takes place up there.

There was a mission in one of the games where you had to fly through a final piece of falling debris to destroy it I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think that was 5 but I could be wrong

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

julian assflange posted:

There was a mission in one of the games where you had to fly through a final piece of falling debris to destroy it I think.

drat and I thought flying out the top of the missile silo in 4 was cool. I need to catch up on this series

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

So I guess the VR mode includes stuff from AC4?

They call out Mobius 1, and I swear the song playing is from that game (though it's been a long time since I played).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESyiEEAZ3Bw

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Are you thinking of the SOLG at the very end of the game? You don't HAVE to fly through it to destroy it but you CAN if you want to. I'd always get behind it to start shooting it down only to get killed by a solar panel flying off.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wrr posted:

Are you thinking of the SOLG at the very end of the game? You don't HAVE to fly through it to destroy it but you CAN if you want to. I'd always get behind it to start shooting it down only to get killed by a solar panel flying off.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking of

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

One other thing I liked about 4 is that after every mission, it replays your flight path including your orientation, so you get to see how many times you flew in circles like an idiot while you were trying to catch a Yellow.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
time to dance with the angels?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darkman Fanpage posted:

time to dance with the angels?

Urgh.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

so nobody said it in here yet but the preorder bonuses for the game are AC5 if you're preordering it on PSN, or AC6 if on Xbox (via backwards capability, which it's not actually a part of yet).

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Phantasium posted:

so nobody said it in here yet but the preorder bonuses for the game are AC5 if you're preordering it on PSN, or AC6 if on Xbox (via backwards capability, which it's not actually a part of yet).

Will 5 be available on its own?

I kinda want to play this with VR but don’t want to get it knowing I’ll only use it for this game. It’ll prob look better on xbone too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Wait there's a PS4 version of AC5 coming out? Or are they gonna put them on the PS2 list. I hope they put 0 out that way bc my disc is scratched

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Wait there's a PS4 version of AC5 coming out? Or are they gonna put them on the PS2 list. I hope they put 0 out that way bc my disc is scratched

Yeah I think it's supposed to just be one of those PS2-to-PS4 games, though, so just emulated. I'm not sure there's any details because it's only mentioned in the list of preorder bonuses.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh my loving god that owns. Thank you Bamco

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna be rolling on my PS4 with my crew Edge, Grimm and the uncool jock guy who means well.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Phantasium posted:

This rules.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://youtu.be/ZZrl_m_XQcE

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jesus fuckin christ i need a ps4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZrl_m_XQcE

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just ordered a PSVR and now I’m even more excited for this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

julian assflange posted:

I just ordered a PSVR and now I’m even more excited for this
Thumper on PSVR is an incredible game, make sure you pick it up when you get the headset.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nearly there :choco:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:rms: My pre-order is placed and my body is ready. :rms:

Gonna be chilling out on Sand Island in just a few more days :feelsgood:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think that the last mission in 5 is one of the best final boss fights in games. the villians are completely spent, know they're gonna lose,and deorbit a satellite just as mutually assured destruction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xtUyn9M9mE

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can’t wait to play it again next week, OP.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i never played 6 because it looked really bad

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

frank.club posted:

i never played 6 because it looked really bad

There was nothing particularly wrong with 6 except for the dialogue being extra lame (or not lame enough?) and the fact that it was exclusive to Xbox. If you pre-order 7 for Xbox you get a copy of 6 which was not previously backwards compatible.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Is 6 gonna be available without a preorder at some point?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my morning jackass posted:

Is 6 gonna be available without a preorder at some point?

I would hope so or at least backwards compatible

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Are there any good flight sticks for the xbone or ps4? I was also considering VR but as cool as that would be I can’t think of any other cool VR games.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Today’s the day :getin:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Playing this after work.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just loaded it up. It has a Japanese dub also

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched a video of the first VR mission and it seems like the VR mode is a remake of AC4 in VR :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it's just two missions, iirc.