Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phantasium posted:

it's just two missions, iirc.

Three I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Phantasium posted:

it's just two missions, iirc.

It's three missions plus free fly mode.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cool, that's better than i was expecting.

it just sounded like they were thinking there was a whole second game there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat QQ.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Really want this but ive bought so many games recently I feel I should really Patient Gamer this one and wait for a sale.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Have to take a break and do grown up poo poo but so far so good :thumbsup:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Every game should have replays at the end of a level with sick camera angles to watch all the cool poo poo you did

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mmmmm and there is more landing and refuelling sequences between missions I am in heaven

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Game looks sick

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
It's pretty fun.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope this sells well. They have made exactly what I wanted and it was worth the wait.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
VR is really something else :stare:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm not gonna buY PSVR but I can not wait to visit my friend who did and play the VR missions at his place. Although between this and tetris it's tempting

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Idk does Dreams have VR support? I think I just got into the beta and that game looks wild

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

Idk does Dreams have VR support? I think I just got into the beta and that game looks wild

i think that entire thing is a VR and move showcase

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m saving VR as a treat for the end and also Tetris Effect looks like it will be astonishing in VR but gently caress no I’m not paying €40 for a loving Tetris game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

rear end Combat 7

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I haven’t played it yet but apparently the port of AC5 that was included has been upscaled and looks really well.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That was most excellent however the story is just retarded and not Ace Combat Retarded. New Game+ or straight into 5?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

play 5 and see how it holds up.

I’m pissed I’ll never get to play the upscaled version

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It’s upscaled nicely and plays really smooth. This betrays the age of the scenery textures but the planes and cockpits themselves look great.

Only bummer is the lack of autosave :negative: lost my progress earlier

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My only disappointment with this game is that the multiplayer, while fun, feels really barebones even in comparison to previous games. 4v4 multiplayer just feels really small-scale compared to the relatively massive single player missions. I’d love to see some sort of 12v12 Siege mode with a big battle going on on the ground with objectives each team has to attack/defend, or something.

Oddly enough, I think Assault Horizon actually supported 8v8 matches and objective modes, but I hardly touched that game and frankly the less said about it the better.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

E: doublepost

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My only disappointment with this game is that the multiplayer, while fun, feels really barebones even in comparison to previous games. 4v4 multiplayer just feels really small-scale compared to the relatively massive single player missions. I’d love to see some sort of 12v12 Siege mode with a big battle going on on the ground with objectives each team has to attack/defend, or something.

Yeah exactly like what is the point of having anything except fighters online

Hopefully theyll expand it over time

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I really should rant about how weak the final mission in this is. One of the things that always stuck with me about this series is how cool the final mission in each game is- the ones that stick out most are the final mission of 4 which occurs in the midst of an armageddon-level asteroid event, the final mission of 0 which is probably the coolest 1-on-1 dogfight in the series to date, and the last mission in 6 where you have to assault a gigantic doomsday cannon base that has a loud ominous voice doing a countdown.

The final mission in 7 is a relatively easy dogfight against a pair of experimental drones while your 12 teammates do nothing except for a couple randos who die. Then you do a tunnel run which is kinda neat until you reach a large chamber where... the last enemy just lazily flies around and does nothing while you shoot it. Then you shoot some light fixtures and fly up. Boring. The game’s story made such a big deal about how Mihaly’s experience and skill gets uploaded to those drones and I was hoping that the drones would actually be intimidating and scary and harder to fight. Maybe they could taunt you by playing back the recordings of the people Mihaly killed, like imagine them chasing after you while saying *kssshtt* THE WEAK GET EATEN. *kssshht* I’M SCARED. or something

My point is, they need to hurry up and release Ace Combat 8 already because I’m starting to get impatient.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ive unironically been thinking about AC4's final mission since i first played it 15 years ago lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I really should rant about how weak the final mission in this is. One of the things that always stuck with me about this series is how cool the final mission in each game is- the ones that stick out most are the final mission of 4 which occurs in the midst of an armageddon-level asteroid event, the final mission of 0 which is probably the coolest 1-on-1 dogfight in the series to date, and the last mission in 6 where you have to assault a gigantic doomsday cannon base that has a loud ominous voice doing a countdown.

The final mission in 7 is a relatively easy dogfight against a pair of experimental drones while your 12 teammates do nothing except for a couple randos who die. Then you do a tunnel run which is kinda neat until you reach a large chamber where... the last enemy just lazily flies around and does nothing while you shoot it. Then you shoot some light fixtures and fly up. Boring. The game’s story made such a big deal about how Mihaly’s experience and skill gets uploaded to those drones and I was hoping that the drones would actually be intimidating and scary and harder to fight. Maybe they could taunt you by playing back the recordings of the people Mihaly killed, like imagine them chasing after you while saying *kssshtt* THE WEAK GET EATEN. *kssshht* I’M SCARED. or something

My point is, they need to hurry up and release Ace Combat 8 already because I’m starting to get impatient.

Agreed on all of this, OP. The game lacked a main antagonist as to be honest I can’t remember which of the countries was the baddie.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Agreed on all of this, OP. The game lacked a main antagonist as to be honest I can’t remember which of the countries was the baddie.

Lol yeah that is so horribly conveyed and it doesnt help every single fake country is a combination of the words europe and asia

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Eurasia and Asiope and Eusiaroupe etc

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

julian assflange posted:

I thought I was the only one.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

maybe there is no good or bad like irl. ever think about that you simpletons?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

julian assflange posted:

I caught Aris playing it and he kept asking if the girl in the cutscene was him.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
drat AC5 has some good missions I totally forgot about

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
AC5 has a Japanese dub.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

why don’t they just release it standalone.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my morning jackass posted:

why don’t they just release it standalone.

I hope they will. Not sure what the sales figures are like in the US but it sold well in Japan and Europe so there is interest in the franchise still. A port of 0 would be just :discourse:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/kazutoki/status/1089456906983198721?s=21

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I’m on my fifth playthrough of this. Just wrapped up my MG-only playthrough (I hate that last mission even more now) and am currently on my <4 hours+no damage playthrough. I LOVE this game and I’m so excited to play 4/5, and Zero again.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm extremely bad at this game but I'm enjoying it immensely. I started off using expert controls thinking I might have to turn them off but it's pretty much how I expected the game to control I really like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The other control option in ace combat games seriously hinders your ability to play and I don't know why it's there