Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I am very excited about this game and am considering getting VR for it but will probably be dissuaded by the fact that I would never use it for anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Despite being a half finished mess I really enjoyed 3 back in the day. The part where you go into that underground city or whatever blew my mind.

I also pray for a 4K backwards compatible 6 cause it still looks quite good.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I missed all the ps2 era games and will prob never play them which makes me a little sad.

I’m hoping that 7 has a lot more plane options than 6 and by the trailer it seems like some classics are back.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

you can get a ps2.

I really should but I haven’t seen one around lately. Are the ace combat games hard to come by?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Did someone release a fan mod that added the cut parts from the English version of electrosphere with translation or did I dream this up?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Phantasium posted:

so nobody said it in here yet but the preorder bonuses for the game are AC5 if you're preordering it on PSN, or AC6 if on Xbox (via backwards capability, which it's not actually a part of yet).

Will 5 be available on its own?

I kinda want to play this with VR but don’t want to get it knowing I’ll only use it for this game. It’ll prob look better on xbone too

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Is 6 gonna be available without a preorder at some point?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Are there any good flight sticks for the xbone or ps4? I was also considering VR but as cool as that would be I can’t think of any other cool VR games.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

play 5 and see how it holds up.

I’m pissed I’ll never get to play the upscaled version

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

maybe there is no good or bad like irl. ever think about that you simpletons?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

why don’t they just release it standalone.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Bought this yesterday, it’s amazing so far. The air combat feels quite good and the difficulty feels really balanced on hard mode.

The story... well... it’s fine.

Are there aces to fight in each mission in this?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

All the missions feel pretty similar so far. Do a part with ground targets>drones show up after.

It’s way more interesting fighting other planes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’m almost done a second playthrough on ace mode and I find it much more enjoyable. The AI planes actually present a reasonable challenge, especially towards the end. Also with better aircraft the early levels against the drones are far less tedious.

The sound design of this game is so good. OST really sets the mood, and it feels so good to just evade a missile and hear it rocket by.

It’s pretty hard to get aces to appear I feel. I’ve had a couple s ranks where they didn’t come up.