Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:siren: Ace Combat 7 has a release date :siren:

Gonna be puking like hell over my PSVR from January 18th 2019.

2019!? :negative:

In the meantime let’s reminisce about epic moments had with our good pals Solo Wing Pixy and the Sand Island Squadron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I want his logo as my av

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wish Ace Combat 6 was Xbox One backwards compatible

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
5 is my favorite

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my morning jackass posted:

I also pray for a 4K backwards compatible 6 cause it still looks quite good.

Apparently this is quite unlikely as some guy said it had been removed from the Xbox 360 store and that bodes poorly for future backwards compatible games :smith:

Not sure why the PS2 games never appeared in the PS3 or PS4.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you wanted to play them all again I’d skip Air Combat and maybe have Electrosphere (3) as an option.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
5 was a very generous video game

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

envelopode posted:

4 had excellent bad voice acting, especially in the story sections between chapters. Not sure if the others are the same way.

That’s the Ace Combat schtick

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
6 had those stupid super cluster missiles fired by a large rail gun in the arctic. It also had an airborne aircraft carrier and flying support battleships.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
drat I really want to replay 5 and 0 now

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wrr posted:

Sick I want a mission that takes place up there.

There was a mission in one of the games where you had to fly through a final piece of falling debris to destroy it I think.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wrr posted:

Are you thinking of the SOLG at the very end of the game? You don't HAVE to fly through it to destroy it but you CAN if you want to. I'd always get behind it to start shooting it down only to get killed by a solar panel flying off.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking of

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darkman Fanpage posted:

time to dance with the angels?

Urgh.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh my loving god that owns. Thank you Bamco

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna be rolling on my PS4 with my crew Edge, Grimm and the uncool jock guy who means well.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just ordered a PSVR and now I’m even more excited for this

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nearly there :choco:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:rms: My pre-order is placed and my body is ready. :rms:

Gonna be chilling out on Sand Island in just a few more days :feelsgood:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can’t wait to play it again next week, OP.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

frank.club posted:

i never played 6 because it looked really bad

There was nothing particularly wrong with 6 except for the dialogue being extra lame (or not lame enough?) and the fact that it was exclusive to Xbox. If you pre-order 7 for Xbox you get a copy of 6 which was not previously backwards compatible.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Is 6 gonna be available without a preorder at some point?

I would hope so or at least backwards compatible

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Today’s the day :getin:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just loaded it up. It has a Japanese dub also

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phantasium posted:

it's just two missions, iirc.

Three I think

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Have to take a break and do grown up poo poo but so far so good :thumbsup:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mmmmm and there is more landing and refuelling sequences between missions I am in heaven

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope this sells well. They have made exactly what I wanted and it was worth the wait.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m saving VR as a treat for the end and also Tetris Effect looks like it will be astonishing in VR but gently caress no I’m not paying €40 for a loving Tetris game

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I haven’t played it yet but apparently the port of AC5 that was included has been upscaled and looks really well.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That was most excellent however the story is just retarded and not Ace Combat Retarded. New Game+ or straight into 5?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It’s upscaled nicely and plays really smooth. This betrays the age of the scenery textures but the planes and cockpits themselves look great.

Only bummer is the lack of autosave :negative: lost my progress earlier

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I really should rant about how weak the final mission in this is. One of the things that always stuck with me about this series is how cool the final mission in each game is- the ones that stick out most are the final mission of 4 which occurs in the midst of an armageddon-level asteroid event, the final mission of 0 which is probably the coolest 1-on-1 dogfight in the series to date, and the last mission in 6 where you have to assault a gigantic doomsday cannon base that has a loud ominous voice doing a countdown.

The final mission in 7 is a relatively easy dogfight against a pair of experimental drones while your 12 teammates do nothing except for a couple randos who die. Then you do a tunnel run which is kinda neat until you reach a large chamber where... the last enemy just lazily flies around and does nothing while you shoot it. Then you shoot some light fixtures and fly up. Boring. The game’s story made such a big deal about how Mihaly’s experience and skill gets uploaded to those drones and I was hoping that the drones would actually be intimidating and scary and harder to fight. Maybe they could taunt you by playing back the recordings of the people Mihaly killed, like imagine them chasing after you while saying *kssshtt* THE WEAK GET EATEN. *kssshht* I’M SCARED. or something

My point is, they need to hurry up and release Ace Combat 8 already because I’m starting to get impatient.

Agreed on all of this, OP. The game lacked a main antagonist as to be honest I can’t remember which of the countries was the baddie.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
drat AC5 has some good missions I totally forgot about

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
AC5 has a Japanese dub.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

why don’t they just release it standalone.

I hope they will. Not sure what the sales figures are like in the US but it sold well in Japan and Europe so there is interest in the franchise still. A port of 0 would be just :discourse:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/kazutoki/status/1089456906983198721?s=21

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’ll start my second playthrough soon but I’m hooked on AC5 so many great missions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bought this yesterday, it’s amazing so far. The air combat feels quite good and the difficulty feels really balanced on hard mode.

The story... well... it’s fine.

Are there aces to fight in each mission in this?

New Game+ for the aces I think, OP