Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

This looks sick, but I've never played any of the older games. Is there a Vox lore explainer?

Ace combat 4 is one of my all time favorite games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a very corny game that takes itself probably too seriously but the threat of Stonehenge for most of the game, usually with almost no warning, is such a powerful gamer feel. And then you blow it up and suddenly you feel like you're the one winning instead of doing a little damage and running

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wrr posted:

How many loving asteroids does strangereal have to deal with in order to justify two mega-weapons

the big one that caused all the conflicts these games are about is supposed to have done some cowboy bebop poo poo and the planet basically has a debris ring now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ive unironically been thinking about AC4's final mission since i first played it 15 years ago lol