Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

How likely is it we'll see full space wilderness communism a la EVE, with the established goon empire able to outfit any level 1 character with good gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I've never played a sandbox survival game. After putting 2 hours into this game I think I can say with confidence that I do not like sandbox survival games.

Died twice at level 1 to a level 1 murderer (first 1v1, then him and his level 2 buddy), got reamed by a tag team of a teleporting wolf and spooky blue ghost man, and later I shot an arrow at one wolf and 2 more appeared and ate me. I'm probably just poo poo at the game, but starting over with nothing each time is crushing. By the end of it I was naked because I had died so much and never once found the material needed to repair things and had nowhere close to enough materials to craft the armor I knew how to craft.

The game does basically nothing to ease you into it's punishing design. Is it safe to attack this monster? Only way to find out is to risk literally everything!