Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

time to redo the first 50 eps again but quicker this time and with some new characters

They're adapting s3's arc starting in November. You got to pick up the pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wark Say leaning into the Bill and Ted references.
Excellent.
Anime Chat Thread 21: Hey everyone! I don't wanna yell at anyone while I'm all tired and about to lay down for bed, so now I'm rested and ready to type. My guess is that all of you pretty much think I don't spend any time thinking about the kind of probations I hand out, but I really actually really really do. I've been your moderator for about 22 months now, and this entire time I've been working on this post I'm posting right now, sort of like a state of the address or something, or like a supreme court opinion on adtrw. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter, I feel that alot of you are being too hard on Japan, the writing doesn't deserve the constant derision it receives because it's not terrible, it's just mediocre. If you're being too hard on shows for being just medocore then you're sort of going to be driving away our main clientele, which as a moderator is my top priority to protect. I know tokyo ghoul or tomo-chan or franxx or whatever is mediocre to all of you but people coming here from crunchyroll and reddit are not going to enjoy a wall of "It's terrible" if they're here to discuss their new favorite anime or manga. On the point of being too hard on japan, all of you know that japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think all of you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy. There doesn't need to be a massive ban storm for you guys to get the picture because I know how much smarter all of you are than the rest of the forums and as an aside if you hadn't realized it yet, I'm not going to be flinging insults at anyone, ever, it's not who I want to be.

I'm sorry Matoi I couldn't resist.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

kirbysuperstar posted:

Spill is a blessing

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Walk on girl rules but if you havent seen tatami some stuff won't make sense, they take place in the same town and college and Carrie's jokes over

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
gently caress.

Like a minute off of the snipe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Give the dude a minute. He's probably reading through all the mod threads, like how to sticky stuff, and the script to say when someone brings up the illuminati.
the script is 'cagliostro is best gear'

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wark is busy trying to convince lowtax to rename adtrw to The Sea of Porcupines, just be cool

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Walk on girl rules but if you havent seen tatami some stuff won't make sense, they take place in the same town and college and Carrie's jokes over

I think it would be interesting for someone to watch the movie first and then the series. Just to see their take on it y'know

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Phimose Knight posted:

I only watched Season 1 because it's "the good one". I kinda liked it, the action direction feels good even if the CGI issssss 90s CGI.
Sometimes the characters act like real people and that owns (except for one instance with the Sileighty driver girl where she's like "let me race your friend and I'll give u my virgin"). And it has gud eurobeat but it's mostly driven (no pun intended) by the music matching what's happening. though there isn't a literal rain of fire.
Random thought is that uhhhh it's sad that other manga/anime referencing it always reference INERTIA DRIFT?! and PUMP UP THE EUROBEAT, it feels pretty lazy, like in the same way someone referencing Star Wars by going I AM YOUR FATHER feels lazy.

Stage 4 is my all-time favorite. They really get into the mechanics of the cars and the dynamics of different drifting styles. The battle between Keisuke and God-Foot is the best poo poo ever holy gently caress. Stage 4 episode 21 I think?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Speaking of which I'm looking for movie recs. I'm not looking for anything in particular so hit me up.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

homeless snail posted:

wark is busy trying to convince lowtax to rename adtrw to The Sea of Porcupines, just be cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGAOuhG5OCc

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Speaking of which I'm looking for movie recs. I'm not looking for anything in particular so hit me up.

Pop N Q so you're ready for whenever they do the sequel tv series

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

littleorv posted:

Anime movies or more general?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

Pop N Q so you're ready for whenever they do the sequel tv series

but you didn't even like the movie yourself

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Knorth posted:

Anime movies or more general?

Anime movies yeah

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

but you didn't even like the movie yourself

but what if the hypothetical tv series is good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Blame? That was pretty fun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It feels like a real night where you got way too wasted but had a good time.

It's a really joyous movie with a lot of energy and got real laughs from me.

Especially like the leads a lot and recommend the movie entirely go see it see it see it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
In this Corner of the World is also really good if you haven't seen it before

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

how about that anime

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

It feels like a real night where you got way too wasted but had a good time.

It's a really joyous movie with a lot of energy and got real laughs from me.

Especially like the leads a lot and recommend the movie entirely go see it see it see it

:agreed:

I watched it with people who have never heard of Tatami and they had a great time btw

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

how about that anime

yeah brother

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

how about that anime

anime is fine.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'll sticky this for a period if you don't terribly mind, Dryzen. If goons feel like it's not necessary, we'll see about that. :)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Knorth posted:

:agreed:

I watched it with people who have never heard of Tatami and they had a great time btw

I think it's just mostly the scene that is entirely about the filmmaking club head from tatami like I cant imagine someone getting what the climbing Boob wall bit was about.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

how about that anime

the people were astonished by this doctrine

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

littleorv posted:

Watch death by hanging

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I'll sticky this for a period if you don't terribly mind, Dryzen. If goons feel like it's not necessary, we'll see about that. :)

This is all I wanted. Thank you

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My favorite part about walk on girl is how tight and connected it all was especially since that ended up being the main theme of the movie. Everybody plays a part and is connected to others and I love it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The art in Ad Astra kind of hides how well written it is, even though so far it's been constant action the characters are instantly understandable and it's paced super well. Lol at Caius' plight

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

im punching my chat timecard

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dogsicle posted:

Welcome to the party pal

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

The art in Ad Astra kind of hides how well written it is, even though so far it's been constant action the characters are instantly understandable and it's paced super well. Lol at Caius' plight

It has a big and distinct cast of men with incredibly ugly faces, except for the leads and hannibal's crew who are bishies.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

bushies. Its a supremely grounded and researched look at the time period I love so it rules. And it's funny sometimes too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Help I'm rereading Air Gear and I'm liking it more than I remembered.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
also I told y'all it was gonna be Wark

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dogsicle posted: