Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
What do you guys think are some of the absolute greatest moments in gaming

Mine:

Kefka Causing the world of ruin. Maybe number 1 overall for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyaLoaUbExk

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

gently caress yeah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bUjJr5Jc6o

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

This one is so good. I gotta get the PS2 out and play this again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When you go near the Power Plant in STALKER: Call of Pripyat after the guy on the loudspeaker tells you to gently caress off and he says, "Okay, drop that retard."

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
new donk city festival

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

new donk city festival

I just did this last weekend, definitely

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

new donk city festival

good one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the moment in super metroid where you cycle back to the ship you started at with a ton of new upgrades and the music changes to this uplifting powerful theme is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4Gsp5rcwM

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
When I abandoned a game of starcraft because my flatmate decided she wanted to gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

504 posted:

When I abandoned a game of starcraft because my flatmate decided she wanted to gently caress.

Cool story bro.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

504 posted:

Mods? It’s the first page ffs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When you get the Plasma Beam in Metroid Prime and the game immediately shows you how it can vaporize the flying pirates.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Moments where the player transitions from one state of mind in a game to another are great:

Reaching World 8 for the first time in Super Mario Bros 3 and seeing how massive it is

Discovering the Special Zone in Super Mario World

The Nibelheim flashback in FF7

Crossing the bridge in FF1

First seeing the army of Metal Gear Rays in MGS2

Reaching Anor Londo for the first time in Dark Souls 1

Discovering the game has only just started when you beat Orochi in Okami

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Time I snorted some crack off the ole wife's stinky pussy lmfao, was raiding Uldaman (Yes, 50 mans, like back in the good old days, none of this casual poo poo(, poo poo was loving Choice bros! Dip the wick and set fire to that rear end, that's my motto as far as gaming, Hell I gave up gaming after my wife started lating me gently caress her pussy.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Time I snorted some crack off the ole wife's stinky pussy lmfao, was raiding Uldaman (Yes, 50 mans, like back in the good old days, none of this casual poo poo(, poo poo was loving Choice bros! Dip the wick and set fire to that rear end, that's my motto as far as gaming, Hell I gave up gaming after my wife started lating me gently caress her pussy.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Was on a cross-country visit @ my brother's and he had just bought a Wii + Wii fitness board and he was super excited for everyone to play. He has never been into gaming and really wanted to help my sister in law shred some post-pregnancy weight. So we all make our Miis which everyone probably knows are player-made avatars and we've all 3 made them to look like ourselves as much as possible and we do the initial fitness test which ends with doing a weigh-in on the balance board and it gauges your form in order to give you a personalized work-out routine and nothing much happens when me and my brother does this and then it is my sister in law's turn and the game does a WOooooOoopp! sound while her Mii balloons up in size and grows fat and it is so funny to me that a laugh until I cry and I end up going home Saturday instead of staying for Sunday

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUXGW6sWYDY

Riding into Mexico for the first time in Red Dead Redemption. When I did it it was evening in the game and you enter this whole new beautiful environment you haven't seen before in the game and the music is really chill. For some reason this really stuck with me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

Was on a cross-country visit @ my brother's and he had just bought a Wii + Wii fitness board and he was super excited for everyone to play. He has never been into gaming and really wanted to help my sister in law shred some post-pregnancy weight. So we all make our Miis which everyone probably knows are player-made avatars and we've all 3 made them to look like ourselves as much as possible and we do the initial fitness test which ends with doing a weigh-in on the balance board and it gauges your form in order to give you a personalized work-out routine and nothing much happens when me and my brother does this and then it is my sister in law's turn and the game does a WOooooOoopp! sound while her Mii balloons up in size and grows fat and it is so funny to me that a laugh until I cry and I end up going home Saturday instead of staying for Sunday

lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

504 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Glad you were honorable enough to not attack Paulo's base while he was busy with her.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Stepping out of the prison ship in Unreal.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Shadow Moses in MGS4.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

Shadow Moses in MGS4.

Also, Snake vs. Ocelot on top of Outer Haven

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rolling through the tunnels and up to the ring pyramid for the first time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

Moments where the player transitions from one state of mind in a game to another are great:

Reaching World 8 for the first time in Super Mario Bros 3 and seeing how massive it is

Discovering the Special Zone in Super Mario World

The Nibelheim flashback in FF7

Crossing the bridge in FF1

First seeing the army of Metal Gear Rays in MGS2

Reaching Anor Londo for the first time in Dark Souls 1

Discovering the game has only just started when you beat Orochi in Okami

finding the door to another kingdom in the lunch kingdom in mario odyssey before beating the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

finding the door to another kingdom in the lunch kingdom in mario odyssey before beating the game

I did this and said Holy poo poo out loud

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also love it when games have a "victory lap" postgame where the Big Evil is defeated and you can go around and see how the world is different and everyone is reacting - Earthbound and Super Mario Odyssey come to mind, and FFX-2 is pretty much a whole game of this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I did this and said Holy poo poo out loud

its so cool, just about all of those only transport you to previous levels, they put that one there just to freak people out

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I also love it when games have a "victory lap" postgame where the Big Evil is defeated and you can go around and see how the world is different and everyone is reacting - Earthbound and Super Mario Odyssey come to mind, and FFX-2 is pretty much a whole game of this

Dunno if Dragon Quest invented this but it's been in every one as far as I know.

The motorcycle scene in FFVII was awesome and a great way to wrap up the intro portion of the game.

The dog through the window in Resident Evil on your first play through.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Hahahahahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHr9XLCHos

For some reason the comical aesthetic and campy tone of these games made the melodramatic moments stand out more than they do in the Sony AAA Bearded Sad Father Simulator series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's such a bizarre, abrupt tonal shift, like up until that point you guys are dodging swarms of flesh eating bats and solving the secret of the ooze and shooting cannons off of humongous diesel trucks and entering a giant worm to blow it up from inside and then... that happens.

• Locked thread