Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Dick Fagballzson posted:

You should order some Alfredo. I hear that is the pasta of choice of low class garbage people.

And I'll just leave this right here. Actual Italian people eating Americanized slop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHJhB4pmPCg

Yeah I hate to burst your romantic bubble about the magical cultured old worlders, but anyone below the age of 50 in this is also not unfamiliar with eating American fast-food and enjoying it. By which I mean stuff like KFC lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ima talka witha my handsa and nota eata anything buta the same 5 dishes ivea eaten everya daya my whole lifea

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gary oldmans diary posted:

ima talka witha my handsa and nota eata anything buta the same 5 dishes ivea eaten everya daya my whole lifea

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
If Olive Garden wanted to be Italy authentic then they should bankrupt their company.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
When i think of Italian food, the 1st thing that comes to mind sure is a bucket-load of pasta and meat drenched in a gallon of cream sauce. Jesus wept: the CALORIES.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at anyone who thinks “you know those fried raviolis aren’t authentic!” is some revelatory own or somehow makes it not taste good.

The overwhelming majority of people couldn’t care less about where the original thought sees of their meal is coming from, it’s all just meat, dairy and grains smashed and boiled into different shapes.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL at anyone who thinks “you know those fried raviolis aren’t authentic!” is some revelatory own or somehow makes it not taste good.

The overwhelming majority of people couldn’t care less about where the original thought sees of their meal is coming from, it’s all just meat, dairy and grains smashed and boiled into different shapes.

it's good lol

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

All I want are cheap hot snacks. If Olive Garden serves 'em, then just serve them to me. Piled High.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

So is poo, but it goes through stomach, intestines, and your butthole first

I guess what I'm saying is that Olive Garden diners are one step above people who eat their own poo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dick Fagballzson posted:

You should order some Alfredo. I hear that is the pasta of choice of low class garbage people.

And I'll just leave this right here. Actual Italian people eating Americanized slop

This is just making me remember when Anthony Bourdain made delicious looking pasta for his friends in Italy and they poo poo all over it because apparently being a host in Italy means you can be an rear end to your guest who tried to feed you

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:discourse:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is just making me remember when Anthony Bourdain made delicious looking pasta for his friends in Italy and they poo poo all over it because apparently being a host in Italy means you can be an rear end to your guest who tried to feed you

When Conan O'Brien filmed his special in Italy they found a bunch of scam artists that pretended to show them how to find truffles. Thankfully they didn't speak English so Conan called them frauds.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dick Fagballzson posted:

italians are the snobbiest douchebags lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I have never in my entire life heard anyone call, consider, or even halfway suggest that Mac & Cheese is an Italian or Italian-American food lol.

But no Italians aren't nearly as snobby about food as the French, no one beats the French.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Grape posted:

I have never in my entire life heard anyone call, consider, or even halfway suggest that Mac & Cheese is an Italian or Italian-American food lol.

But no Italians aren't nearly as snobby about food as the French, no one beats the French.

From the way it's framed it seems like they're calling it italian because macaroni is pasta which is complete bs

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Whenever old world Italians get uppity about cultural superiority just remind them their country has gender politics on the illustrious level of Japan.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

No one would give a poo poo about Italian food if not for the New World (tomatoes) and Asia (pasta), so the uppity fuckers can suck a dick.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Grape posted:

mac and cheese was popularized by thomas jefferson. his journals at monticello had over a dozen different recipes for various styles of noodle, cheese, and combination of the two.

it's as american as it gets.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Coolguye posted:

mac and cheese was popularized by thomas jefferson. his journals at monticello had over a dozen different recipes for various styles of noodle, cheese, and combination of the two.

it's as american as it gets.

Yeah, that doesn't disagree with anything I posted.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I'm pretty sure I could find a bunch of whiny Americans, feed them cheap garbage from another country, and get them to turn their nose up at it.

Grape posted:

Yeah, it's called agreeing with you. New concept I guess.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tip posted:

I'm pretty sure I could find a bunch of whiny Americans, feed them cheap garbage from another country, and get them to turn their nose up at it.

Friend, let me direct you to a group of them:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866650&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Tip posted:

Yeah, it's called agreeing with you. New concept I guess.

:master:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Is that Dawgnit Andre???

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Grape posted:

i was reinforcing what you said, not contradicting it.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

did anyone berate the poor white trash that ponied up 300 smackeroos to eat garbage in this thread yet

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
ya what loving degenerate would pay 300 dollars to have all their meals taken care of for a year lol just eat from the grocery store dumpster for free retard

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dick Fagballzson posted:

⬇️

Bust Rodd posted:

Like holy gently caress who cares if old people don’t like to expand their horizons.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

scott zoloft posted:

ya what loving degenerate would pay 300 dollars to have all their meals taken care of for a year lol just eat from the grocery store dumpster for free retard

I feel like there's a middle ground that you're not thinking of :thunk:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lasagna is garbage and Italian food has so much more to offer than that outside of garbage rear end chains. Like arancini, real buffalo mozzarella, cacio e pepe, any amazingly delicious fish, pasta arrabbiata, eggplant parmesan, ricotta gnudi, gnocchi, anything made with ricotta, basically anything fresh that isn't Americanized bullshit slop.

Arancini = arab rice dish
Buffalo = not native to Western Europe
Pasta arrabbiata = literally Arab pasta
Eggplant parmesan = copy of moussaka
Gnocchi = made from the American potato

Italy makes fake arab and american foods

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Fagballzson posted:

That video leads me to believe that italians are ignorant assholes (also the food they fed them looks like garbage. Feed a Lou Malnati Chicago Style Pizza to an italian. I get that it's not pizza to them, but there is not way they would turn their nose up to it like they did in that video).

This video however, has italian grannies eating Olive Garden and they like some and don't like some... as a normal sane person would expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVyhE3-_lCM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Eggplant parm > Moussaka. Never cared for Moussaka.
It seems like it really ought to be hot, but I've always had it served cold and it just feels so wrong and weird to me.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
LOL holy gently caress cold moussaka

I'm hard pressed to think of a food that does worse when served cold

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grape posted:

Eggplant parm > Moussaka. Never cared for Moussaka.
It seems like it really ought to be hot, but I've always had it served cold and it just feels so wrong and weird to me.

If I ever went vegan eggplant would be my immediate go to for most type of meat substitutes. poo poo is delicious

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

autism ZX spectrum posted:

LOL holy gently caress cold moussaka

I'm hard pressed to think of a food that does worse when served cold

This was served by genuine bonafide old world Greeks though. Homemade! And not as leftovers. :shrug:

I'm head over heels for basically everything else they make (including finally showing me the wonders of well made dolmades). Even the somewhat gross village food was fine.
But cold moussaka ugh.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

If I get the pass I can go there 3 times each day for 8 weeks and hopefully connect with the cute and slightly nerdy server girl and she will see that I am an interesting and thoughtful person and i'll tell her I'm only eating Olive Garden 3 times each day ironically because its a good deal and I live with my parents but its not so bad they let me do my own thing and hopefully we can be friends and maybe more :)

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Decrepus posted:

If I get the pass I can go there 3 times each day for 8 weeks and hopefully connect with the cute and slightly nerdy server girl and she will see that I am an interesting and thoughtful person and i'll tell her I'm only eating Olive Garden 3 times each day ironically because its a good deal and I live with my parents but its not so bad they let me do my own thing and hopefully we can be friends and maybe more :)

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is a really cheap way to pay for food for a year if you dont die from obesity or w/e

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

marijuanamancer posted:

this is a really cheap way to pay for food for a year if you dont die from obesity or w/e

Has anyone actually read the small print for this thing cause I feel like it’s gonna end up being a “one meal a day” thing or they can arbitrarily throw you out if they feel like you’re abusing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

The passes have sold out in seconds in years past.

• Locked thread