Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm going through Daniel Ellsberg's book, The Doomsday Machine, about nuclear warfare right now. It's pretty good, and the focus for at least the first half is based on his work in nuclear war planning in the late 50s through the 60s. He makes a pretty good case about how we'll all die from the eventual escalation if a nuclear bomb is ever used in combat been nuclear powers. I think his liberalism prevents him form seeing how racism and rabid anti-communism probably influenced US war planning though. He still seems confused at the time of writing why the US plans for nuclear war with the Soviet Union still involved destroying China even after the Sino-Soviet split was underway.

Anyway nuclear weapons are bad, but I still think Iran should get some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread