Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J
Jun 10, 2001

How does vendor restocking work? I'm trying to get my vineyard going and I've made some grapes but I'm running out of grape seeds and the merchant isn't restocking and it's been like 3 weeks. Did I gently caress myself here? Someone mentioned fertilizer to get more seeds a few posts up and I've never used fertilizer, don't know how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Its some sort of bug, I saw it in mine after quitting and coming back to a 50 point jump in quality.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

J posted:

How does vendor restocking work? I'm trying to get my vineyard going and I've made some grapes but I'm running out of grape seeds and the merchant isn't restocking and it's been like 3 weeks. Did I gently caress myself here? Someone mentioned fertilizer to get more seeds a few posts up and I've never used fertilizer, don't know how it works.

Speaking of which, does anyone actually buy Grapes? Merchant and Dead Horse didn't. I have a bunch of grapes but not the tech to make wine yet, so just wondering. Also does anyone buy like cooked food and stuff or is that solely just for your own benefit?

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Xaris posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone actually buy Grapes? Merchant and Dead Horse didn't. I have a bunch of grapes but not the tech to make wine yet, so just wondering. Also does anyone buy like cooked food and stuff or is that solely just for your own benefit?

Buy the technology for pies from the innkeepers wife. Then you can sell bronze and silver grape pies to the innkeeper, and gold grape pies to the Merchant. (They need to rank up before they'll buy the silver and gold quality pies, though.) Don't expect them to buy out your vineyard, though. The market crashes if you sell more than 6 per week. (Or if the restock bug triggers.)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Since I didn't realize this, protip: the quality percentage mark that you get when making items is the chance that you will get that tier of item, you don't have to get it to 100%

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
What do i do with my old rusty tools? Can i sell them somewhere? they're taking up valubale space

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

HenryEx posted:

What do i do with my old rusty tools? Can i sell them somewhere? they're taking up valubale space

You can sell them to the blacksmith, though it doesn’t seem like you can sell the first set of upgrades?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Blacksmith will buy rusty tools. For some reason, iron tools can't be sold or destroyed. If there's a way to break them down into anything at all useful, I haven't found it. But there is a goofy way to dispose of them - put them in the bookshelves on the 2nd floor of the dungeon. Anything in those shelves will get destroyed when you leave.

edit: Also, closing the game and launching it again got my vendors to restock. Must be a bug.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Don't forget to report the bug. The dev might fix it the next day.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there anything wrong with just sleeping rather than ever eating to restore energy? The passage of time doesn't seem to matter a whole hell of a lot.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

Is there anything wrong with just sleeping rather than ever eating to restore energy? The passage of time doesn't seem to matter a whole hell of a lot.

Nope. If you miss doing something on one day, it will be exactly the same 5 days from then. For the most part, the only real thing is that most NPC’s are only available to talk with at day time.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yay. Now that I understand the flow of the game (and the fact that the gamepad controls are way better, whoof) this is getting really amazingly compelling to play. :)

(edit) Only just now able to get the graveyard to 5 quality total, I've got most everything that doesn't require blue, so... onward!!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 26, 2018

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ciaphas posted:

The only time you ever need to worry about eating is when doing the Dungeon, really.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I feel like I'm missing something glaringly obvious, but how can you tell what day you're on? I see the sun and moon spin around on that circular diagram in the top left, but there's no other indication or arrow pointing to the day, and it seems like knowing what day it is is pretty important. Feel free to call me an idiot.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Food isn't about not wasting calendar time. Its about not wasting your time. The graveyard, morgue, and church can be uncomfortably far away from bed until you get the basement cleared. Or sometimes you just want to live in the forest chopping trees until your tree snake is unmanageable. So foods useful for goosing the energy meter when you want to do xyz without needing to run to bed and back.

By the time you have the basement cleared, yeah it kind of shifts to dungeon stuff or to get buffs.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I love the tonal dissonance of the cutesy pixel graphics and generic rpg village music contrasting with the horrible poo poo you are doing like mutilating corpses in your basement and worshipping satan

J
Jun 10, 2001

Stokes posted:

I feel like I'm missing something glaringly obvious, but how can you tell what day you're on? I see the sun and moon spin around on that circular diagram in the top left, but there's no other indication or arrow pointing to the day, and it seems like knowing what day it is is pretty important. Feel free to call me an idiot.

The current day is the 6 o clock position on the diagram. The next day is the one to the right of that. Basically it rotates clockwise. If you look at the "known NPCs" list on the tab screen it will show you the icon representing the day they will be available to talk to.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I can't seem to locate the Quarry mentioned in the OP. I cleared the landslide leading to the "Forest near river" on the map, is that the wrong one?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ciaphas posted:

I can't seem to locate the Quarry mentioned in the OP. I cleared the landslide leading to the "Forest near river" on the map, is that the wrong one?
Sounds like the right one, past the old apiary. Then there's a river crossing and the quarry is in the far northwest.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

It’s across another bridge to the west from that forest.
You can either rebuild the bridge, then head north (bridge is right south of a river fishing spot), or you can rebuild bridge to the swamp, then go basically straight north.

You can recognize it, because there’s a marble quarry, stone vein, iron vein, and coal vein.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Got it, thanks, hadn't thought to check either bridge.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Questions-

- Donkey is just sitting there waiting for me to either give him Wine or for him to leave, even though I've put 10 carrots in the box and seen his dialogue. Did I trigger a bug? I think I can work around it and finagle my way to some wine, if that'll get him delivering the dead again, but sheesh
- What should I be doing with all these unstacking intestines and hearts and brains after I've studied one of each? What about the other stuff like blood and bone and fat?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The innkeeper has his tier 2 items on "This will be unlocked the next day" for literally 3 weeks now. What do i miss here

edit: in fact, the Miller and the Farmer have their tier 2 items stuck on "gonna unlock tomorrow" too, which means i can't get onion or hops seed, which means the Inquisitor's party is literally impossible

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Questions-

- Donkey is just sitting there waiting for me to either give him Wine or for him to leave, even though I've put 10 carrots in the box and seen his dialogue. Did I trigger a bug? I think I can work around it and finagle my way to some wine, if that'll get him delivering the dead again, but sheesh
- What should I be doing with all these unstacking intestines and hearts and brains after I've studied one of each? What about the other stuff like blood and bone and fat?

He wants a bottle of seed oil to grease his wheels, buy one from the crazy man to the east of the village.

you can grind the important parts into alchemic supplies way later, keep one of each for the study table (they give hella blue points) an don't bother with them, blood has uses later on (sorta, you need about 20 of it), and you can press fat into oil later on which you need for many important things. Just stack up on the stackable things, you can reasonably use them later on, especially skin.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

HenryEx posted:

The innkeeper has his tier 2 items on "This will be unlocked the next day" for literally 3 weeks now. What do i miss here

edit: in fact, the Miller and the Farmer have their tier 2 items stuck on "gonna unlock tomorrow" too, which means i can't get onion or hops seed, which means the Inquisitor's party is literally impossible

Quit the game, restart. It’s a known bug.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Aight thanks. I'll head out there. I need more qualityyyyy

New question, what's the fastest way to get a single wood beam? this barricade in the basement is driving me fuckin bonker

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ciaphas posted:

Questions-

I’ve been thinking about doing a “non-cannibal” run and seeing exactly what I might use body parts for.

All of it is usable in Alchemy, but (with one exception below) it all duplicates other stuff, so you don’t need it.

Fat also can be used to make candles, but the high-end candles can be made with seed oil.

Flesh makes food, but you can use toads instead (though they’re a lot tougher to get).

Blood is the only thing that is irreplaceable for some good alchemy recipes, but even that isn’t essential.

Snake will need skulls and blood later, if you haven’t hit that quest yet. As far as I can tell, that’s the only forced use of human remains in the game.

Edit: Oh, also - Ash is necessary for the alchemy formulas that up plant value, which means you might need them for gold-star grapes/hops/onions/pumpkins but I think you can get around needing those

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 27, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Skin is super useful for making paper as well, except if you really farm bats.

Meat is good and all but honestly planting some apple and berry trees and harvesting green slimes to make jellies is very sustainable.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Right, thanks for reminding me. Farming bats wasn’t too hard - just make your bee/quarry trips at night and you’d pick up 3-6.

BUT also, human skin is necessary for iron armor. Which is weird that bat skin won’t do, and you can just wait until Steel which doesn’t require anythain’t leatherish.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of frogs, since that one lady wanted 12 frogs, i spent like 2 in-game weeks fishing around (i hadn't touched fishing at all before that point) and it seems like the wiki describes an almost completely different system than what is in-game. Also, none of the 5 fishing spots in the game even offered me the chance to fish for frogs.

Where the hell do you get frogs???

(aside from clotho)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm in a funny situation where I've actually played too efficiently on this file. I have every tech unlocked where you don't need Blue points, but the only source of blue points is researching, which requires faith. The amount of faith you can get is hard-capped per week, so now I've got to wait a week for another Sun day mass, on top of the ten faith I need to meet Ms Charm and Snake.

Ciaphas posted:

New question, what's the fastest way to get a single wood beam? this barricade in the basement is driving me fuckin bonker

Unfortunately there's no quick way to acquire one outside of crafting one normally.

HenryEx posted:

(aside from clotho)

Fish in the swamp, during the daytime, using a butterfly or moth as bait

skeleton warrior posted:

BUT also, human skin is necessary for iron armor. Which is weird that bat skin won’t do, and you can just wait until Steel which doesn’t require anythain’t leatherish.

There's some NPC vendor and I know this is super not helpful but I don't remember who it is, that sells you Iron Armor. It wasn't someone you would normally expect to get it from like the Blacksmith, but it was also free, so you can just...grab it whenever.

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 27, 2018

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You can purchase wood beam from wood merchant. It saves a lot of time.

Edit: The frog can be found in the swamp fishing area. I think the best fishing rod might have screw it to 0%

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 27, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Nyaa posted:

You can purchase wood beam from wood merchant. It saves a lot of time.

Edit: The frog can be found in the swamp fishing area. I think the best fishing rod might have screw it to 0%

gently caress, it never even crossed my mind to check there. Can you also buy polished stone from the stonemason and totally skip the tech requirements to build an alchemy table?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

gently caress, it never even crossed my mind to check there. Can you also buy polished stone from the stonemason and totally skip the tech requirements to build an alchemy table?
Yes, and I think so or you can at tier 3.

Wood beam is tier 2 and polished stone is also tier 2.

Edit: Do the Commerce boost blessing and sell the scroll to the specific merchant for a quick unlock boost.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What's the best way to get money before you have access to the Trader's License, which lets you do the Inquisitor's quest to unlock the vineyard? I've been selling coal to the blacksmith but I keep running him out of money.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's the best way to get money before you have access to the Trader's License, which lets you do the Inquisitor's quest to unlock the vineyard? I've been selling coal to the blacksmith but I keep running him out of money.

You should be able to access the Vineyard right now, the only Inquisitor quest you need to have done is giving him the firewood and flyers.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apropos commerce blessing: it's the first one aside from the "the force may be with you" sermon i've crafted, but it's not giving me any item? Tried it twice, then went to the More Faith sermon instead. Maybe you need it above bronze level to get the trade booster?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You should be able to access the Vineyard right now, the only Inquisitor quest you need to have done is giving him the firewood and flyers.

Huh, so you can. You just need the quest to unlock the blueprint table.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

HenryEx posted:

Apropos commerce blessing: it's the first one aside from the "the force may be with you" sermon i've crafted, but it's not giving me any item? Tried it twice, then went to the More Faith sermon instead. Maybe you need it above bronze level to get the trade booster?

Make sure you're on the latest version, I think the merchant boost physical item was in the last patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

skeleton warrior posted:

Snake will need skulls and blood later, if you haven’t hit that quest yet. As far as I can tell, that’s the only forced use of human remains in the game.

Remember that you need a Skull to start the Astrologer side quest so I think your mission might be doomed from the start