Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Remember that you need a Skull to start the Astrologer side quest so I think your mission might be doomed from the start

well techincally you get to dig up a free skull at the start of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

I’ve been thinking about doing a “non-cannibal” run and seeing exactly what I might use body parts for.

I think gold-star hops seeds can be bought from miller rank 3. You can do the merchant's quests with silver-star foods and I know you can buy those seeds. And anything that specifically requires a pumpkin uses silver. You can make gold star-burgers using silver-star onions. So I think you can do the entire game with only harvesting 25 skulls, 20 units of blood, 4 dark organs, and the first pound of flesh. Although, in my mind you'd be allowed to autopsy however you want for the graveyard. It's just limitations on the uses of those parts.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's the best way to get money before you have access to the Trader's License, which lets you do the Inquisitor's quest to unlock the vineyard? I've been selling coal to the blacksmith but I keep running him out of money.

Wine is pretty good and low maintenance; if you want serious cash, mining is king. Get precious metals and dig up/break apart iron from the quarry until you get silver ore. 6 bars per week gives a steady mid-40 silver paycheck. Use blessings of commerce to rank up the blacksmith, also. You're churning through a mountain of ore so you may as well be selling steel parts, complex iron parts, iron bars, and steel bars for another 20(ish?) silver. The gold you pick up isn't predictable, but it either saves you 50 silver on importing jewelry for decoration or it's worth 30(ish?) in export.

TheBlandName fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 27, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oh wow god drat, I decided to invest in Silver and yeah I just made a cool 60 silver coins. Time to start buying up all the grape seeds I can so I can corner the market from all sides

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Does stuff like throwing the body in the river or selling longpork to people come back to haunt you? Can I concievably keep that first corpse that you get asked to throw away in the graveyard until I research cremation and dispose of it that way?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I haven’t beaten the game yet, but despite the game description of challanging your morality, there isn’t any npc so far that realize it and didn’t let it slide.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Taking the fishing mini game directly from Stardew is fine because I like it; making it shittier by giving you half a second to start the game is bad.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fishing is pretty easy to me once I figure out the counting thing. Maybe cause i get the best rod asap.

I really should try those expensive gem bait now that i can afford it...

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's the best way to get money before you have access to the Trader's License, which lets you do the Inquisitor's quest to unlock the vineyard? I've been selling coal to the blacksmith but I keep running him out of money.

Good ways to make money: Mining. Early on (before precious metals) you can mine coal quickly and sell it cheaply. Later on (precious metals) gold and silver sell well

Farming: early on, beets - later on, Winemaking.

Burials/cremations - the license is 1s 50c, and provided your donkey doesn't wig out you can do 6 in a week. Takes a lot of lumber, though.

Sermons: Sermon money is based on three things - the size of your church, the sermon, and the quality of your Graveyard and Church. If you focus on a high quality graveyard and use candles and stuff you can rack up money for your one sermon a week, but you only get one a week.

To the poster above fish talk:
You have to chuck the first body into the lake to unlock cremation. It's what triggers Gerry telling you that he prefers to burn bodies.

TheAnomaly fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 27, 2018

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

if you are investing in farming, you should consider getting cooking to sell for more variety and profit.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

No, you can just unlock it normally - I haven't thrown a corpse into the river and I just burned one that I fully disected last night.

Man, that sounds bad.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Twincityhacker posted:

Man, that sounds bad.
Don’t worry about it, we are all in the fbi list by now :v:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Phrosphor posted:

Does stuff like throwing the body in the river or selling longpork to people come back to haunt you? Can I concievably keep that first corpse that you get asked to throw away in the graveyard until I research cremation and dispose of it that way?

I don't think so, but I wish it did. After X number of bodies the river starts to get dammed up from the sheer number of corpses.

Actually I think that the skull says that the river flows to The Town so maybe a strongly worded letter about not filling up their harbor with sinner corpses

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I've got the kind of brain poisoning where I love to play idle/incremental games, will this satisfy the urge? Also what's the deal with the reviews?

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Are there any other blacksmith quests I’m missing besides his first? I’m sad that there are friendship meters I’m not filling.

Also meh, I gotta grind until I’ve unlocked his tier 2 to buy that dang cauldron. I can make pots and iron poo poo, I should totally be able to make a cauldron

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Ignore the reviews, obviously. If you like Stardew Valley you'll feel right at home gameplay-wise, but Graveyard Keeper has a totally different vibe.

The presence of the tech-tree and an end goal mean you've always got a point on the horizon you're working towards. You get a quest to do one thing which splits into fifteen things you need to build/learn to accomplish it.

If you just want to to build poo poo and make numbers go up you can min/max your corpses and improve your church and graveyard's rating or just pave the enitre thing over with stone.

The game is really fun but that's probably why its flaws stand out so much. It is quite grindy in places, the one-key-npc-per-day can get frustrating because their quests require you to hop between them (so wait 3 days to do the next step, then 3 more to hand it in). Alchemy is a shitshow without a guide, and there's too little variety in equipment.

Flaws aside though it's great. As a fellow incremental game addict it scratches the itch.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Elswyyr posted:

I've got the kind of brain poisoning where I love to play idle/incremental games, will this satisfy the urge? Also what's the deal with the reviews?

Do you like survival games but wish there was no survival aspect to them?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Curse you, Donkey. Communism sucks when I'm the one unjustly holding the means of production.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Saint Freak posted:

Do you like survival games but wish there was no survival aspect to them?

i never quite realized this was what i wanted from video games put in so succinct a way

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Shirec posted:

, I should totally be able to make a cauldron
You can.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

wait i need how much loving red tp for circular saws??? :suicide:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

wait i need how much loving red tp for circular saws??? :suicide:

Just research tools and stuff any they will absolutely flood you with red points.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh, good idea, i'll do that once i've got more... uh, study stuff? the stuff you need besides faith. haven't worked out getting more of that yet after old books are exhausted, guess I gotta make new ones.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

oh, good idea, i'll do that once i've got more... uh, study stuff? the stuff you need besides faith. haven't worked out getting more of that yet after old books are exhausted, guess I gotta make new ones.

The science points? The easiest thing to do is to use human skin to make a bunch of paper, then just study that paper to get science. You can get a ton of paper out of just one skin.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The science points? The easiest thing to do is to use human skin to make a bunch of paper, then just study that paper to get science. You can get a ton of paper out of just one skin.

This game is great because it makes people casually mentioned using human skin for various things

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

“Draining blood and fat makes my graveyard look better.” :v:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So what's the best food/recipee for going into the Dungeon?

And whats the best Prayer for getting faith poinst? I figured out buying the 5-silver book for 25 blue points every week from Astrologer helps a loving ton.

I'm just now getting into Marble tech and stuff, I still have no idea how the book/writing poo poo in this works but hey I made some flights. Pen & Ink seem like a pain and they don't loving stack, ugh.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

This game is great because it makes people casually mentioned using human skin for various things
Just too bad you can't increase your daily gain. :v:

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Faith reward from sermons is tied to your church quality. Build everything you can and light some candles if you need more. Otherwise the prayer for faith or combo prayer yield the most. (Donations come from graveyard quality).

Dungeon food it doesn't really matter if you need energy, bring anything. Healing seems to only come from booze so get drunk while you slay. Or just die because it doesn't matter!

Also one way to grind blue points and waste energy to pass time is to craft stone grave fence II and then disassemble them back into a carved stone. You only lose the regular stone so it doesn't even cost iron for chisels.

Double also, marble can be mined from a pile of rectangles at the top of Witch Hill. You can open a shortcut by removing the giant log just north of the vineyard!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Faith reward from sermons is tied to your church quality. Build everything you can and light some candles if you need more. Otherwise the prayer for faith or combo prayer yield the most. (Donations come from graveyard quality).

Dungeon food it doesn't really matter if you need energy, bring anything. Healing seems to only come from booze so get drunk while you slay. Or just die because it doesn't matter!

Also one way to grind blue points and waste energy to pass time is to craft stone grave fence II and then disassemble them back into a carved stone. You only lose the regular stone so it doesn't even cost iron for chisels.

Double also, marble can be mined from a pile of rectangles at the top of Witch Hill. You can open a shortcut by removing the giant log just north of the vineyard!
I was more referring to healing, yeah energy isn't a problem. I just need to bring mroe healing poo poo with me I think. loving firebats.

Also good advice. I saw the marble patch, does it run out? I was just going to go the quarry and grab the marble there but maybe the Witch Hill one is easier?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

No mineral will ran out in the latest patch. I would say qurry is still more effecient because you can build a stone breaker there to break those tablet on the spot.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
If you're doing marble at the quarry remember to bring a huge pile of wooden wedges.

I leave a bunch of marble on the floor at Witch Hill and just bring one back if I happen to visit. Same thing with stone if I'm up grabbing honey.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

quote:

New teleport points added -- the lighthouse and the quarry.
Updated the gamepad plugin. Some controller-related issues should be fixed.
Fixed game freeze when fishing without a rod.
Fixed "Speed potion" - now it works correctly.
Fixed game freeze when you buy everything from a vendor (could happen with an egg seller).
Fixed game freeze when exiting the game.
Some visual fixes related to grape growing.
A lot of fixes in Chinese / Japanese / Korean.

:toot:

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
Played this all weekend and now I wonder if I have some mild form of autism.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
oh my god, more teleport locations, finallyyyyyyyyyyy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

LewdMonocle posted:

Played this all weekend and now I wonder if I have some mild form of autism.

you play video games mate, we're probably all on the spectrum somewhere

gently caress yeah quarry teleporrry

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Unlocking dark organs and becoming a full blown cultist really paid off for my graveyard.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Time to light up some ppl :getin:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

In stupidity level news, not only have you made me realise I could build a trunk down there to hold wood (I've been building two pyres at a time as needed by cutting up four logs and walking it down), but last night - 30 hours into the game - I figured out how to use the D-pad.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Time to light up some ppl :getin:

I cheated my way to this point, because gently caress how tedious it is to chop down and move trees home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'd trade quarry portal for the ability to build wordworking tools at the cabin.