Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Did I gently caress up by buying Cabbage, Carrot, etc seeds for the Merchant instead of just buying Carrots/Cabbage/etc? I apparently can't make a Garden Bed without having the deed to the garden first right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

StrixNebulosa posted:

Getting the deed is pretty easy - talk to the tavern dude, then the merchant. You shouldn't have to pay for it.
I did that but ooohh nevermind. I'm a loving dumbass and stashed it into a box since I was out of inventory space for something not realizing that's what it was.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

J posted:

How does vendor restocking work? I'm trying to get my vineyard going and I've made some grapes but I'm running out of grape seeds and the merchant isn't restocking and it's been like 3 weeks. Did I gently caress myself here? Someone mentioned fertilizer to get more seeds a few posts up and I've never used fertilizer, don't know how it works.

Speaking of which, does anyone actually buy Grapes? Merchant and Dead Horse didn't. I have a bunch of grapes but not the tech to make wine yet, so just wondering. Also does anyone buy like cooked food and stuff or is that solely just for your own benefit?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So what's the best food/recipee for going into the Dungeon?

And whats the best Prayer for getting faith poinst? I figured out buying the 5-silver book for 25 blue points every week from Astrologer helps a loving ton.

I'm just now getting into Marble tech and stuff, I still have no idea how the book/writing poo poo in this works but hey I made some flights. Pen & Ink seem like a pain and they don't loving stack, ugh.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Faith reward from sermons is tied to your church quality. Build everything you can and light some candles if you need more. Otherwise the prayer for faith or combo prayer yield the most. (Donations come from graveyard quality).

Dungeon food it doesn't really matter if you need energy, bring anything. Healing seems to only come from booze so get drunk while you slay. Or just die because it doesn't matter!

Also one way to grind blue points and waste energy to pass time is to craft stone grave fence II and then disassemble them back into a carved stone. You only lose the regular stone so it doesn't even cost iron for chisels.

Double also, marble can be mined from a pile of rectangles at the top of Witch Hill. You can open a shortcut by removing the giant log just north of the vineyard!
I was more referring to healing, yeah energy isn't a problem. I just need to bring mroe healing poo poo with me I think. loving firebats.

Also good advice. I saw the marble patch, does it run out? I was just going to go the quarry and grab the marble there but maybe the Witch Hill one is easier?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
How does the Trade Office work exactlyt? I couldn't put anything on the pallets

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So I've already extracted a shitload of parts early on and cremating, is there any particular body part that I need masses of lategame that I should keep extracting? Bone seems useful, and maybe Skin, but the rest don't seem that good and can be found more easily with other source.s

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bakanogami posted:

Skin can be made into paper, of which you can always use more. You use a ton when making notes/chapters, can use more for fliers, and can always throw it in the study table to make a bunch of science. Skin's probably the most useful bit.

Bone can be used to make white paint for candles, but I think the bottleneck there is honeycombs more than paint. Take only what you need unless you somehow have your apiary fully built out and harvest from it regularly. Candles are nice but the resources to make them are pretty hefty for a one time consumable. You only really need them to give a one day boost to clear quality checks with the bishop.

Blood is somewhat useless. You need 20 of it for a quest at one point, and it's used in a couple of alchemy recipes, but you won't need as much as it as you'll get if you take it from every corpse. You'll be taking some anyway from any corpse you're raising the quality on for burial, so I wouldn't stress about getting it from every corpse you're burning/dumping.

Fat is moderately useful- you can get oil from it with a vine press, making it a much easier source than hemp. Skulls you'll need a whole pile of for a quest at one point, after which I don't think there's any real use for them.

Flesh is okay. You can sell it after you get the stamp, but they only go for like 50 copper so it's not a huge deal. You'd have to sell like 100 at full price to make back the price for the stamp so I'd definitely try to go for the underground route to get it. Meat dishes largely aren't as good as alcohol like wine or sweets like muffins or cake when it comes to energy restoration. You will need a certain amount for quests though, and more food=more energy, which is always good.

AFAIK the important bits- heart, brain, and intestines- have no use other than grinding them up for alchemy. It's free alchemy bits but I don't think any of the stuff they turn into is particularly rare, and they're a pain in the rear end because they don't stack. Hearts in particular are a pain because you have to do them one at a time in the cube thing with a timer for each one.
Yeah I figured Skin was probably good, but I already have a shitton of Science. I think I'll probably still keep grabbing that

Already did the 20 Blood thing and a bunch of Skulls for the Sacrafice Room decorating, I don't need them anymore do I?

But yeah that was kinda what I was getting at is extracting Hearts/Brains/Intestines are loving obnoxious as poo poo and I hate it and I think the resulting stuff can come from like Maggots or Flowers or something anyways, so there's no real point right? Just making sure I'm not missing something because god drat they are obnoxious as poo poo

Forgot about fat, gently caress Hemp Seeds. I'll keep grabbing that

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Also one way to grind blue points and waste energy to pass time is to craft stone grave fence II and then disassemble them back into a carved stone. You only lose the regular stone so it doesn't even cost iron for chisels.
Uh, so dumb question but how do you actually dissaemble them? I was able to craft them, put them on a grave, and take them off, but they just go back into my inventory. I'm not too interested in farming blues that way per se, but if I've been missing a disassemble item button somewhere then yikes.

I'm pretty bottlenecked on blues right now for the last sets of big tech like jewelry and stuff (and finishing the embalming tree and the big marble bust/fence ), and it's kind of annoying. I've mostly been crafting some stone 2 stuff and glass but it's going slow and since stone 2 doesnt stack it's kind of annoying since I dont even have enough graves to put them on.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zetetica posted:

Yeah, gold from mining iron is incredibly rare. You do get a few guaranteed deposits in the dungeon but those are one time only. If you care about maximizing your graveyard you are best off saving all your gold nuggets to make injections and buy the jewelry you need finished from the merchant.

gently caress wish I knew that earlier, I just spent 3 gold bars making my Damask with Gem, and another one for some jewelry :(

Oh well

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Yeah I'm at like 2g and getting to 12g seems insane. I've been doing a bunch of silver bars. I used to do wine but the amount of effort required doesn't seem worth it, especially because you can't easily batch it.

I may have to just end up CEing the rest the gold because yikes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
When can I start getting Dark Brain stuff? I did the Inquisitor quest up through where he wants me to sell 5 gold hamburgs and 10 gold beer which I just did, and now he doesn't even do anything and doesn't list any further activities under NPCs. Did I miss something else to continue his plot?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dirk the Average posted:

Go to the Inn.

Yes, it's not telegraphed at all and is very arbitrary.

Edit: Bring 1 gold beer with you

Do I need to do that on any particular day?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Is there anyone who buys Gold Wine or Beer or Mead? Does Mead even have a use?

Its kind of annoying the ability for NPCs to buy from you goes away if something is loving gold.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Well, I've maxed out pretty much all tech (except like Carved Wood, and the 300 blue death one for showing skulls). Carved wood especially seems like it's not really implemented and other unnecessary, so I'm done with the tech. I've also starting embalming and up to about 10 perfect corpses, but still limited on getting 5-skull corpses associated faith for marble stuff. That's fine although I guess we don't have any new church goes to work towards after 200 anyways right?

Right now I'm trying to get Aristocrat Papers and holy hell the game has ground to a massive halt. I have about 3 NPCs waiting on me to grab that and right now only at 5.5 gold. I'm using a gold-star Combo Faith with 80-church and 300-graveyard, and only get about ~50-60silver a week from that; running boxes to the Trade Office is kind of obnoxious and I tried to make a train to push them all but the physics in this are wonky. I usually couple that with selling some Gold/Silver Wine which helps but still not much. Are there any other get-quick-rich things I should be doing? It looks like maybe the best thing to do is just mine/cut iron ore for sweet Silver Ore to sell as Ingots?

Or does someone know the CE memory address for money just so I set myself at like 10.5 gold because yikes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Yeah just go slap the iron vein and hope for silver drops. The dungeon also has some one-time silver, gold, and gem veins.

I also like to make steel parts, both kinds of iron parts, and nails to sell to the blacksmith. Jamming out iron parts saps your stamina super fast so you can pass the time between sermons extra fast as well.

I did all the Dungeon stuff. Man, that was, not fun but at least manageble once I got Damask sword with gem.

I'll try the iron stuff, thanks. BS isn't buying Tier 2 stuff from me yet sadly, so I probably need to sell a bunch to him.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Vasler posted:

What are you guys doing to make your church better? I'm at about 22 church points but haven't invested in candles or incense because both seem like a huge pain in the rear end.

I went ahead and managed to make myself a gold star combo prayer. What I didn't realise is that it requires 60 church points to reach 100% success.

Yeah you aren't hitting 60 church points with the tier 2 church. Once its upgraded to Cathedral, you can do it.

Candles in this are awful because hives just do not drop beeswax, and holy poo poo 20 bees for an mini hive? Get hosed.

There are quite a lot of just little minor nuances and balance things that suck despite being a loving good game besides that.

That said, get the Soft Church Benches and loadup your church with 6 of them as soon as you can. Loadup the wall with Tier 2 Wall Candalbaras/Candelbaras wherever possible. Get the Stone Prayer Shrine and put two of them up top near the podium/cross. Then get 2 Confessional II's and put them across from each on the benches. Speaking of which Tier 3 Candelabras/Wall Candelabras can get hosed as well. 2 god drat Gold Jewelry things for them? Nah I'll pass given Gold Ore is more limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zesty posted:

Is this game Stardew Valley? I’m looking for a game that’s Stardew Valley.
Honestly, yes, in a lot of ways. I know a lot of people keep saying "stop comparing it to SV its not even teh same game!" but I think in terms of more chill whimsical doing-poo poo game with cutesy graphics, some farming, fishing, mining, selling poo poo, it ticks many of the same boxes and great on :420:

However, it is even more chill than SV as it does not have seasons, it's basically a rotating week where some NPCs are out on each different days but you never have to wait very long to reinteract. There isn't even an in-game date-counter so you can take as long as you want and never feel bad. In SV you are also checking calender and trying to prepare for upcoming poo poo, and if you missed it youre waiting another year, and there's more emphasis on farming with watering and stuff, this is more "plant seed->collect in 3 days, replant seed"

It's gameplay is more "Ok I gotta get A to give to B to complete C and then X -> Y -> Z". There are also only like <7 NPCs with any dialogue and quests that require you to do to finish the game (basically core is doing poo poo so you can complete NPC quests), and maybe like 3 or 4 that sell poo poo only. SV has much more NPC interaction with a whole town and gifting and things as well. So there's a rather large difference there

But in the end, if you are just looking for a chillout whimsical sprite-based game with doing-poo poo and no time pressure or anything, I think it'll click for you.