Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'm almost positive this game isn't good but I can't stop playing.

I think they finally did it. They found the plate spinning balance that lets you progress without much impedance while still feeling like you're doing something massive and complicated. Feels like work, that you mostly want to do.

What is wrong with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Food isn't about not wasting calendar time. Its about not wasting your time. The graveyard, morgue, and church can be uncomfortably far away from bed until you get the basement cleared. Or sometimes you just want to live in the forest chopping trees until your tree snake is unmanageable. So foods useful for goosing the energy meter when you want to do xyz without needing to run to bed and back.

By the time you have the basement cleared, yeah it kind of shifts to dungeon stuff or to get buffs.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ciaphas posted:

I can't seem to locate the Quarry mentioned in the OP. I cleared the landslide leading to the "Forest near river" on the map, is that the wrong one?
Sounds like the right one, past the old apiary. Then there's a river crossing and the quarry is in the far northwest.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'd trade quarry portal for the ability to build wordworking tools at the cabin.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It has all the same gameplay verbs as Stardew Valley but none of the seasonal flow and is much more about doing A-B-C in a constant progression toward other things to satisfy quests.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Alchemy is actively the worst even when you guide it. Why yes I want to cross reference 24 bits and bobs made by any of 1-3 things each to create some piece of junk that mixes with 1 thing at the desk to finally make the thing I'm looking for.

The cult is just another black hole of questing.

The game is at its best when its at its worst: trying to figure out how to become a gold holder in between giving everyone their bespoke quest bullshit.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I still haven't been convinced The Town exists in universe.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Okay, this is weird. My graveyard was at 170 Quality and an event triggered where ghost blasted some graves with lightning which took some red skulls out but also broke a bunch of gravestones and fences. After this event was done, my Quality was 210 for some reason. I fixed everything which bumped me up a few more points. Then a few in-games days go by and my graveyard is back to 174. The gently caress?
If you save while the bishop is visiting it rolls something or other in his inventory into your score. Saving it when he's gone jiggles it back to normal. I think prayer rewards are based on the base score regardless.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It doesn't really show intent because a lot of it feels accidentally but there is a huge feeling of being in some clockwork Catch 22 thing where everything is set up for your benefit but in the most frustrating way possible. The Town Pass follows along with that where you get your magic item shopping list and are helpfully murdered on the way to town because you wouldn't be able to actually find those things in the Town because you are the Keeper and you get stuff by shoving random Keeper items into an NPCs dialog tree.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

HenryEx posted:

Don't even get me started about making dinner
It doesn't come up as useful in any other crafting recipe because it's usually just one ingredient as an option so max 2 clicks to select gold. But you can click the icon instead of the up/down arrows and you can select from inventories what ingredient you want for the slot and that is basically what kept me from rage quitting when making 5 gold dinners.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wine is good for a seed fund but is too susceptible to market flooding imo. You should graduate to silver bars and fish (can still be flooded but not as easily as wine) to spend energy to tick forward the non floodable but calendar limited money sources of preaching and veggie crates.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Its more screen transitions but lets you do the eastward travel with a wall as a guide if you take the basement tunnel.

10 a week is going to be a drag no matter how you do it so for sanity I just do like 4 or 5. Wine just becomes so thankless so quickly because it noticeably floods with just one stack and the vineyard isn't exactly located in a nice place to check on while you are tooling on your graveyard.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Zombies are neat. My gut feeling is it isn't going to help you finish quests any faster absolutely. But they are a hell of a safety blanket for when you have the veggie crate broke brains like I do where in the middle of any quest I have an OCD feeling of WAIT DO I NEED TO gently caress WITH VEGGIE CRATES FIRST?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You don't especially need the volume of goods zombies can get you for the critical path. Like arguably the 12g papers is a grind, but player skills in fishing and mining are maybe better than whatever you can get out of zombies automating crates or graveyard furnishings for that preaching money.

Most quests need like a couple of something specific, which a bunch of dumb 24/7 labor isn't especially saving you time on.

If you want to fill the graveyard, yeah you need to be a very special person to do that without the zombies.

E. Important parts have an innate skull content. You can get a tech to see it if you follow a specific questions chain Snake's . Otherwise you can see it by deduction by removing and re-adding if it was white skulls you wanted, but get the no mistake techs or eat a burger if you don't want RNG loving you.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 5, 2018

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Study graveyard things (graves, walls, etc.).

The astrologer sells a book that gets you 25 and restocks once a week.

Zombie random text generator can make the same books but randomly R/G/B.

Write books to create new prayers or sell to the astrologer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Books to astrologer isn't a bad floodable profit source. But you can also maybe do that entirely off of quest stories and as a third rate floodable you can pick a different floodable whether you ran out of stories or the margin got too thin.