Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Ignore the reviews, obviously. If you like Stardew Valley you'll feel right at home gameplay-wise, but Graveyard Keeper has a totally different vibe.

The presence of the tech-tree and an end goal mean you've always got a point on the horizon you're working towards. You get a quest to do one thing which splits into fifteen things you need to build/learn to accomplish it.

If you just want to to build poo poo and make numbers go up you can min/max your corpses and improve your church and graveyard's rating or just pave the enitre thing over with stone.

The game is really fun but that's probably why its flaws stand out so much. It is quite grindy in places, the one-key-npc-per-day can get frustrating because their quests require you to hop between them (so wait 3 days to do the next step, then 3 more to hand it in). Alchemy is a shitshow without a guide, and there's too little variety in equipment.

Flaws aside though it's great. As a fellow incremental game addict it scratches the itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The science points? The easiest thing to do is to use human skin to make a bunch of paper, then just study that paper to get science. You can get a ton of paper out of just one skin.

This game is great because it makes people casually mentioned using human skin for various things

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Faith reward from sermons is tied to your church quality. Build everything you can and light some candles if you need more. Otherwise the prayer for faith or combo prayer yield the most. (Donations come from graveyard quality).

Dungeon food it doesn't really matter if you need energy, bring anything. Healing seems to only come from booze so get drunk while you slay. Or just die because it doesn't matter!

Also one way to grind blue points and waste energy to pass time is to craft stone grave fence II and then disassemble them back into a carved stone. You only lose the regular stone so it doesn't even cost iron for chisels.

Double also, marble can be mined from a pile of rectangles at the top of Witch Hill. You can open a shortcut by removing the giant log just north of the vineyard!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
If you're doing marble at the quarry remember to bring a huge pile of wooden wedges.

I leave a bunch of marble on the floor at Witch Hill and just bring one back if I happen to visit. Same thing with stone if I'm up grabbing honey.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Fair warning for people buying those jewelry parts for 50s each: you must have the Aristocrat papers to progress some of the quests, so at some point you have to bank that 12g.

With a 300 point graveyard and a gold star combo prayer (with 60+ church points), you get like 35s per sermon.

The rest of the cash I made from selling silver bars and a mix of nails, iron parts, and complex iron parts, with a side of vegetable crates. Completed jewelry sounds good in theory, but Ms Charm only ever has enough cash to buy one at a time.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Yeah just go slap the iron vein and hope for silver drops. The dungeon also has some one-time silver, gold, and gem veins.

I also like to make steel parts, both kinds of iron parts, and nails to sell to the blacksmith. Jamming out iron parts saps your stamina super fast so you can pass the time between sermons extra fast as well.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
There is a beekeeper npc who sells bees and bee products. Bees have a base price of 1 silver. I don't think he buys bee products so you need to cook to turn honey into money.

Also gamepad works great but I find that any crafting with variable inputs requires me to click the craft button with the mouse.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

The main goal of the game is to make 12 gold pieces. Everything else will fall out of that.

It's kind of sad that this is true. You can even bypass most of the dungeon by spending and extra 10g.

It just seemed a little pointless to make the aristocrat papers required for all three major questlines. I mean you have to complete all of them anyway so give me a different requirement for each of them! At least one quest required finishing the dungeon (or spending 10g).

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
I think he actually shows up when the day changes to envy.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

Even that is wonk-ily implemented. You can sometimes convince the dungeon that it has been cleared before all the enemies are wiped; I noticed this when I've pulled out monsters from the last room then died.

Also there is no penalty to dying, thus no reason to ever make healing potions.

I mean the penalty is the time it takes you to walk back to where you were in the dungeon, but I guess healing potions take time sooooo

The answer is Mead/beer/wine for all your healing needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
About the dark organ quest you don't have to do it to get the ending.